Skip to content

Use a sledgehammer to crack a nut

13»

Comments

• donchinodonchino https://pbn.solutions
    I agree Sven is giving us superb support and even without a monthly fee, but i'm sure he has thought the licensing over... he still wants to sell new licenses.. but would ppl buy when they read Ser is not being updated and engines not working well anymore... No. right. so it means Sven needs to update Ser even if it's not on a monthly fee. Maybe there's even own pluses in a one time fee like people sticking to it even when no instant success.. they'd prob end their subscription and move on otherwise.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @donchino hit the nail on the head.

The software needs to be maintained in order to continue pushing more sales, as the software is a one time fee, the softwares selling point is its' support.

It is all well and good at allowing only 1 ser license per machine at once, which increases licenses sales but if the software is not achieving what it was then this will not encourage many more sales.

Good support = more sales and Sven has proved this with the way he has priced his software.

At the end of the day, if this software was a subscription based software, sven would need to be on the ball 24/7 with updated engines all the time constantly or people would simply cancel their subscription, how ever, as many of you might of seen already on this forum, Sven does not like to be pushed or forced, there are many threads on this forum where someone has requested something and they keep on pushing Sven but he has said 'I don't like to be pushed' which is fair enough as he does so much anyway.

A subscription based scheme would not go well if you are wanting to do things in your own time, as you have customers to answer too all the time and it would require ALOT of dev support to keep things in check.

At the end of the day, the price is fine I'm assuming the sales are fine and the support is fine.

There are plenty of fish in the sea, things come things go, it takes effort to manage software and services but they are soon forgotten if things aren't up to scratch.
  • @backlinkaddict - Can you PM me or reply for others to see as well as to what the "other software" you're currently using to keep engines updated? And how often are they updated?