Skip to content

GSA and proxies problem

13»

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @hunar - are you using a scheduler on your dedi?
    @leeG - what are the VPS specs you using? Just curious how you managed to get 230 threads on a VPS...
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Its not 230 threads I run, its 250

My vps is nothing special as I always say to people

I got mine in a special deal and costs under $40 a month

And some know I never share who I use because I have used the company for years for my main web hosting and dont want them rammed with bh guys and risk loosing the use of the company for my own running of the tool

Vps Spec

6 gig of ram

60 gig hard drive

2.4 ghz processor (4 cores)

100 mbt connection

If you look at webhostingtalk.com you will find loads of deals on there, plus get honest reviews on the companies

But like all things, I have taken the time to learn how to maximise ser

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks. Didn't want the name just wanted to get a rough idea of specs to see what's possible. Only so much tweaking to be done when hardware limits you. :-)

@LeeG - how much of your 6GB ram do you use? It's just I thought SER is limited to 2gb...so it seems like a lot extra. 

Here you go, taken from resource manager

What you need to take into account is the operating system will also be using the memory

I started on with vermin hosting, but got fed up with the constant crashes and hope and pray support times

Quality over quantity

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @LeeG - you showed me another great forum. Went straight to it when you posted earlier and have just surfaced from it again now...so much reading! Thanks for that link! Now to work out best VPS combo....

Have a shop around, a few days of research and you should find a bargain

The company I have been using for several years, I found on there for my main hosting

I know in their set up page, you have sliders to create your own windows vps

Memory, CPU cores, Hard drive and bandwidth

So you can set up a vps aimed at your own requirements and not a limited choice

So if you need 4 cores of cpu, you have that option

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I have gotten over 50 responses from some options listed...but prices are WAY higher than on current VPS. So would rather have 3 VPS's than 1 from many of them. The search continues...

Also - you using Windows or LInux? I had some great linux offers but they don't offer windows. 
    edited February 2013

Windows server r2 as you can see from the screen shot above

Why keep getting small servers?

If you buy a computer, you dont go for the low level ones in a shop and then try and beat the crap out of it with software.

Treat a vps like buying a new pc

I would not dream of running any windows based operating system on a 2gig of ram pc

There are deals out there, you just need to hunt them down

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Totally agree...which is why I am reviewing this all. :-)
  • edited February 2013
    I just started using 25 proxies from instant proxies. Basically they are dedicated and private... and 1$ each/month. On my first go half of them stopped working but they replaced them and so far now they are running well. What I did notice though is when I tested them on their server before I purchased the times were like 200ms.. but when I got on GSA and tested they were about 1.5-2.5 Seconds...

I have moved up from public and I am noticing a very big improvement in speed

also my proxies are good for one month and then I get new ones.

I am doing about 500 Submissions per hour... on a six-seven year old computer running windows vista
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    the speed increase is most propably caused due to the location of your server and the location of your proxies.
    let me guess that your server is in the US and your proxies are in the EU. am i right?

in my experience the distance from EU to US will result in a ~1 second delay. also there are some other factors like on which site the proxies were tested and where their servers are located (the servers of google for example, but they should react fast on all parts of the world).
  • Ozz.... other way around but yeah that makes sense.... so I checked it and you are correct... I guess I will have to ask for just USA based proxies next renewal.
    :)
  • i just fixed my post so i can say "I was right", hehe
    Dont feed Ozz any more, he might start being nice at this rate :D
  • good stuff... I gotta say though that being part of this community and a few others really accelerates the level of knowledge about GSA and LB in general.... thanks guys.
  • I can tell you one thing about proxy51......... they are as slow
    replacing dead proxy as proxy-hub.... 3 days gone for 2 dead proxy,
    still not solved.....

+1 for buyproxies.org . fast, great support and replace dead proxies within hours..
  • just signed up to errsy.com to test it.

for some reason using he discount code it charge me $1
    ip login/pass etc is in the account imediately.

thought u guys should know so u can try it also :)

• btw, discount code is super20
  • first tests it wont scrape from google :(

If proxies are dead, its not a good sign of a good proxy provider

Banned proxies and you need to look at your ser configuration

Something I have been trying to teach people for months on how to avoid google slaps

• Hi leeG, using scrapebox to test scraping not ser yet.

seems to scrape from yahoo/bing ok..but not google.
    threads = 100 timeout = 30

• edited March 2013
    When i tested the proxy in google (when i first got the proxy, without ever using it). it says not anon and not google passed :-/  not looking good:(

The best tool for checking proxies is scrapebox

If they fail with that, screen shot with a free tool like ScreenHunter and add it to any support tickets

It helps if there are any problems

I know in the past with the company I use, I had access from my home ip, but my vps ip was blocked by the proxies. Only ever had it once. The support guys were not able to see any problem with the proxies  until I showed them that.

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

Yeah I did the same thing. It's even harder to argue if you have two different sources. I like Scrapebox + SEO Spyglass. Spyglass shows the actual proxy times which is helpful in building a case.

And get away from this Errsy provider. Go to buyproxies or proxy-hub.

• I use 30 proxies from proxyhub, since i started:)

just thought to test that errsy out:)