Skip to content

GSA and proxies problem

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Here you go, taken from the 5th post down. Where I mention the new proxy provider I use

"Changed proxy supplier to proxy-hub, one Sven used to have a link to in GSA and everything is running fast again. Back to my 1k+ submissions an hour"

No idea on their support yet, since all 40 proxies have been running fine since changing to them. Only time will tell on that one

• edited November 2012
    Thanks LeeG.  Are you using the semi-dedicated or fully-dedicated ones? 

Im using shared proxies.

If you search the net, there is a 15% discount coupon out there

I got 40 shared proxies for a good price with that discount

More proxies, bigger footprint, bigger list of proxies doing pr checks etc.

Thats just my line of thinking

• I got proxies from there too,  Some reason I am burning through proxies like water.  NO idea why or how,  I've had my settings the same all this time,  but lately proxies are just dying out all the time. :/   Maybe it's a change that google had done who knows. :/
  • I'm just wondering if there will be a huge difference in LPM/LPH using shared proxies versus dedicated.  I do end up scraping with SB and am working my way down with each platform, but I also let GSA do some as well.  Working on getting Hrefer since SB's 1M limit is freakin' annoying.
  • Question referring to buyproxies.org >> How are you guys determining there is a problem with buyproxies? I have 20 privates from them and it usually takes around 24 hrs for at least half of them to die in SER, but once I click on the test proxies button, they are all revived again.

I also test within SB and never have any issues. They generally all come back with a rating of "Fast".

I'd like to try out proxy-hub and their prices seem VERY competitive with the 15% discount (thank you sootedninja), but am just curious if I should consider dropping buyproxies.org.

If there is no clear answer, I might just run proxy-hub proxies on a 2nd GSA SER install and compare the two.......
  • Cause I'll get the Download Failed across all my Servers.  That's generally the #1 indicator that proxies are dead.  Or All the PR checking will come back as ?  For everything.  Once I see that happening across all servers  I'm 100% positive that my proxies are dead.  Cept for this latest stent with Buyproxies.org they said their proxies were working just fine.  Yet everything was coming back as download failed and PR as ?
  • I wonder if it is because BP was reusing dead / banned shared/semi-private proxies from before as opposed to private proxies which actually new IPs.
  • I've always bought Private proxies.  I've never used Shared Proxies.
  • There gotta be a cap on how many actual new IPs that BP can have so they recycle the used IPs from the previous month back to the reallocation bin. Why would you not reuse an IP on BP point of view. Just reallocate it to a different user and making sure that the same IP is never allocated / reallocated to the same user.
  • @ Hunar

In that case maybe they are also recycling / reallocating Private proxies.
  • Yeah That could deff be the case,  It's just wierd that after 1 hour of getting the new proxies  They were already banned / Not working.  Requested new ones and same issue,  even though they said they were working just fine.
  • @hunar - you stated "Cause I'll get the Download Failed across all my Servers". I think you meant to say, you got downloaded failed across all SEs within the SER logs correct?

- Did you ever run the SER proxy check at that time? Did they pop back up as being "ok"?
    I always use the "disable bad proxies" feature, so I never have to guess, however when that happens and I test them out again, they come back as being ok.

- Did you ever test your the proxies in SB at that time?
    As I already stated, they always return back as "Fast".

Just trying to figure out why some may have problems, but I have yet to experience any of this with BP.
  • ronron SERLists.com

@Hunar - How many installations of SER, how many projects, and how many threads do you have going? I'm using 30 BP anonymous/semi-dedicated proxies on 100 threads. I have about 30 projects going on one PC. So far everything has been very cool for the past 3 months with BP except for 3 times where I had 2-3 proxies completely dead - they said it was other users burning them out with Scrapebox.

So what I am thinking is that you have a lot more stuff (than me) that you are throwing at those proxies, and maybe you are overwhelming them. Just a thought.

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2012
    @LeeG - Please let us know how ProxyHub works out. They have an interesting concept with those rotating proxies. So please post back after you've had a few days to check them out.
  • @ron

"interesting concept with those rotating proxies"

What would that be ?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @sootedninjas - I really want to understand how that works. They must give you proxies that somehow link to a pool of proxies, and it grabs a different one every time? My brain just fries out thinking how it might work :)

proxy-hub arnt doing rotating proxies

You must be getting confused with another proxy provider

• we are talking about proxy-hub.com. right ?

is this the way it was describe on the site ? did not see that explanation.

The way you describe is the way errsys works.

• OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    @ron: you confuse proxy-hub with errsy. proxy-hub is the "old" proxy partner in SER. errsy is the new one.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited November 2012

@sootedninjas and LeeG - Sorry guys. It's been a long day and I have had a headache all day. @LeeG is 100% correct - I was thinking of erssy.

For the record, I would like people updating us on how proxy-hub and erssy are as proxy providers. I have to admit that the erssy proxy rotation thing is intriguing.

@Ozz - I just took some ibuprofen :)

• I think he's talking about http://www.errsy.com/
  • @hunar
    - you stated "Cause I'll get the Download Failed across all my
    Servers". I think you meant to say, you got downloaded failed across all
    SEs within the SER logs correct?

- Did you ever run the SER proxy check at that time? Did they pop back up as being "ok"?
    I
    always use the "disable bad proxies" feature, so I never have to guess,
    however when that happens and I test them out again, they come back as
    being ok.

- Did you ever test your the proxies in SB at that time?
    As I already stated, they always return back as "Fast".

Just trying to figure out why some may have problems, but I have yet to experience any of this with BP.

Yes You are right,  and whenever I test them they come back as Ok.  they have given me new ones and these ones seem to be rocking it and running 100%.    I've even tested the ones that go bad with scrapebox  sometimes they come back as fast other times they will come back with a error.  usually meaning blocked or what not. 

@Hunar
    - How many installations of SER, how many projects, and how many
    threads do you have going? I'm using 30 BP anonymous/semi-dedicated
    proxies on 100 threads. I have about 30 projects going on one PC. So far
    everything has been very cool for the past 3 months with BP except for 3
    times where I had 2-3 proxies completely dead - they said it was other
    users burning them out with Scrapebox.

I'm running 7 instances of SER,  on one dedi I have 60 Projects running at 300 Threads.   I prolly around total have something like 120 Total projects  and have about 200 proxies split up between them all.  Yes it's more than likely not enough proxies 

Sorry if I seem blunt at times guys.

Busy here transferring from one vps to another and some of the transferring, backing up will take 24hrs to do

Then a bit of fingers crossed on the new vps working well, since its not a company any one knows about.

@Hunar, I tweak gsa with the resource monitor under windows server 2008

Check the cpu usage for short term crashes and memory usage for long term crashes.

40 proxies now, running 10 projects every 30 minutes on constant rotation under the scheduler and dont get many, if any banned.

My last vps, I had an optimum of 230 threads running, with very few 100% cpu moments

It takes a while to set up and get running right, but the benefits are good

• Well on the the one dedi that i'm running it's the most important to me got a lot of campaigns on there doing very very well for me.   But that one is holding the 60 Projects  running at 300 Threads and i'm only at 30% CPU Usage and 30% Ram Usage.  I prolly could add another 20 Projects to this server and still be ok.

So for me personally I don't think it's a resource issue.
  • Great thread.  Anyone here using semi-dedicated proxies with buy proxies and are getting google bans relatively quickly?

I just bought a fresh set running total 40 semi-deidicated i hit a google ban within 2 hours.

i've got 30 seconds wait tme between search engines and 120 custom timeout.
  • How do you check for a ban?
  • i have 10 proxies 120timeout 10 seconds wait between search engines, 14 projects, sometimes at 40 lpm, sometimes 70 lpm, sometimes 130 lpm, not a single ban yet

i use proxies for everything.
  • hmmm i got 8 projects, ranges between 40-80lpm on the latest version.  120 timeout 30 seconds wait between sers

i'm using captcha sniper and i see captchas popping up with the google recaptcha image.