Skip to content

Revisiting What's Expected From Paid SER Link List

13»

Comments

• @organicAsshole and I did post sober, since I'm always sober this is no issue for me! (3rd time now) You make silly false claims and assumptions you can't back up. Enough already.. @Freshairforlife No worry, about translation. I was also in agreement with Allan? This is what I said. . . @Allan " I don't disagree with you, I have similar approach, still SER part of overall strategy though. ." ...And Its no secret and that X-rummer is a beast with link blasts - its always been that way. -It appears someone is just finding that out recently. It's also well known that there are some engines that are in need of updates maybe even deletions and some scripts that could improve SER. Maybe some new CMS added etc... So focusing on what is working is my train of thought... And Yes, I agree, this can't really be expected from a cheaper one time payment tool and compare to something charging monthly with more developers, not really fair comparison. I would also like to point out that you do not "smoke" cannabutter or tinctures, most pain relief comes from the CBD an effects from complex terpene profiles which will not get you "high". Its the THC, that, yes if smoked, THC could get you "high". This Cannabis thinking - being anything but a plant that's been helpful and useful for many things for thousands and thousands of years is "bad" is super silly. This is last 100 year narrative for political agendas and controlling the sheeple. No doubting smoking is not healthy, but young kids getting off more harmful drugs doctors put them that wont cure them anyway, barely help and are super expensive. Well they are not smoking it and I have seen it first hand save and change lives for the better. You can make tea with it to, create fabric, clothes, rope, shelter. This other thinking is all propaganda like "refer madness." I hate politics, but its the truth. Its true coffee and glue and many things are "drugs" even, I get that, just Cannabis Plant being bad or unhealthy, not so much! People are waking up quickly on this. Especially, when it has saved loved ones close to you, you may have different take.
    Well no matter what once thca break downs and cut 'A' part with any kind of decarboxylation it turns THC which is psycho active and it's far beyond than being sober anyway that's individual preferences. I have tried myself too. It's illegal where I live so I do when I travel with my fam.

It's not about the payment it's about maintain the quality.  At least accepting donation would be great to maintain those engines. I did few tweaks to some engines with edu and I got great success. But I don't have to those as i am not a full time seoer.

Like I said thousands of good links missing in gsa due to those poor engines. Some engines last update few years old. I would suggest you to try out other link building tools like ranker x.

Sometimes we think those subscription based tools are expensive but after all it save more money. You don't need link lists , no bother with content generators etc. it doesn't mean gsa is no good I am saying  the engines has to be updated 

• It's not about the payment it's about maintain the quality.  At least accepting donation would be great to maintain those engines. I did few tweaks to some engines with edu and I got great success. But I don't have to those as i am not a full time seoer.

Like I said thousands of good links missing in gsa due to those poor engines. Some engines last update few years old. I would suggest you to try out other link building tools like ranker x.

Sometimes we think those subscription based tools are expensive but after all it save more money. You don't need link lists , no bother with content generators etc. it doesn't mean gsa is no good I am saying  the engines has to be updated 
    @Freshairforlife I'd be perfectly happy to pay GSA a monthly subscription fee to support the maintenance and to benefit from it rather than having to do this scripting on my own. There is no doubt that the environment is dynamic and thus requires maintenance of the various platforms. I have also made some updates to the engines on my installation and appreciate the time and effort it takes.

I am not in favour of paying a monthly fee for a 3rd party SDK though just to have another way to do this engine _maintenance_ on my own and to be able to use it at all. Just in SER, Platform Identifier and 3rd party link lists not even covered by this.

The implementation of ZDLic into SER enables to share these platform script updates. As I could not find it in the SER documentation, I asked Sven for more details, and now understand it is basically just a JSON-response with a ZIP-file containing the files for the individual platforms.

The question is, if a 3rd party really wants to go through all the hazzle by providing these scripts to others and therefore risk to be bombarded with support queries in the forum, a self-entitled "forum police" and a "shitlist" whenever someone wants to do harm. Not only to the 3rd party providing the scripts, but also to others providing i.e. link lists. A monthly subscription fee would be the smoother solution. In my opinion.

• Freshairforlife I've used and tried most of these publicly available SEO tools over the last 14 years, and some private, so I am pretty familiar with them. I have found different experiences with each. Also, revisited some more then few times over the years. I never said SER was my whole/only strategy or perfect. Ive made it quite clear it's useful for certain things and still effective as puzzle piece in overall strategy.

"At least accepting donation would be great to maintain those engines"

-I believe their is a donation button on top of forum already. Do people suggest things or use it, IDK?

For these types of monthly things to work, be worth maintaining and economically viable, there needs to be a minimum number of users using/testing/paying and providing open and honest feedback on how it's functioning.

This current "type" of behavior from some members is not the environment for that to be fruitful :/

People can say whatever they like but actions will always speak louder then words.

@organisASSHOLE This is your definition of doing harm????????????????? :D

"Luckily, we have people in the community like @backlinkaddict, who are very experienced with GSA tools and will call things out if something doesn't seem right. Ty @backlinkaddict for looking out for the community. "

Maybe you are jealous because you can't be helpful, is that it? Or did you not understand the context of what happened and is happening here?

Like I said, some people define things very differently. Your mostly the one causing harm and confusion around here..

Pointing out a SER Verified List that has mostly unuseful links...  Is bad thing? Guess you missed that too since you "begged" for list and didn't even catch that.

Can you do anything more than, saying silly things that don't make sense, repeat people, say things you CAN'T back up and/or mention the ZDlic a few times. (for some reason?)

Let's talk about that, Ya know when you told everyone to put their keywords everywhere and all their other API's in there??????????????????? :D

I guess you were an expert on it first time it was mentioned, but the reality is....

Had more then a few people PM and ask me WTF you are talking about ever, a few told me to just ignore you like they do, a few tell me your just a troll. And the rest are unsure of your intentions here - thinking this organicAsshole profile is just a dup profile of some old failed service provider caught shelling shit services and pissed off at the world trying to come back.

And don't respond... "Post when you sober" just because you have nothing useful to say, honestly all this sober posting is quite time consuming for me.... :/

The only self entitled idiot around here is you, shutting down constructive discussions and or trying to add something totally unrelated to it taking it WAY out of context. You destroy fruitful things!

Go back to lurking and begging in the BST section, as you are not useful here! 

Start your own thread or discussion, if you can why don't you? 

Now I have to go watch 4 year old who is clearly more intelligent then you and your childish BS. At least now I can go talk with someone who is positive and more intelligent.

Only people against radically transparency are people with something to hide, I mean this is a software support forum after all!!!!

This place used to be full of helpful discussions and users taking about strategy and whats working, seems it will be harder to get that back with you here :#
  • Freshairforlife No disrespect - but I'm not here to discuss/debate Cannabis with you.

I grow a few plants from real genetics for medical reasons for someone else's benefit. I also grow strawberries, onions, corn, potatoes, string beans, lettuce, tomatoes, and squash to name a few.

I tend to many exotic plants that are not edible as well.

But In this thread, hopefully as a community, we can decide what a "verified" GSA SER LINK LIST is and which of the many services are selling them and which ones are not. There has been many services and engines added/suggested to program over the years. 

The point is they need cleaning up, as some do not work and some are just raping newbies...

I do not condone the raping of anyone at any level!

I believe services providing value should be rewarded and those not should go away, do you agree?
  • honestly all this sober posting is quite time consuming for me.... 
    This is well known. By a wide community.

Thus, post when you are sober.
  • Yes, recently I've spent quite some time posting sober, since I'm always sober this no issue for me. . .

Or maybe you are attempting and failing at some joke, funny guy?

Or maybe are you are pathetically trying to imply that I'm so wasted I am catching things even the "experts" are not?

You make no sense ever...

Thus, stop repeating yourself again, and back up even just 1 of your silly ass claims

Like, even 1 :# 

I mean really, just 1? And without pulling it out of context.

If you can't be useful, Thus, go away!

Your response Thus, makes you look more useless.

And Thus, you are speaking for the community now.....?

You think I'm spending any extra time double checking for errors in a response to you, or trying to help you find context, well,  Thus you are much more of an idiot then I first took you for!

Do you have any actual input that can be of any help about verified link lists for the community....

Anything at all?

Even just a tad or tid-bit of wisdom?

Or even just one useful tip?

I know this is asking a lot of you...... :/

I mean really, the 1 guy who ever thanked you around here had trouble "translating" the language and mistakenly agreed, Thus, you go back to ZERO!

• Does @Sven consider all these suggestions and plan to take action or does he turn a deaf ear?
  • edited April 12
    malcom for me pointing obvious stuff out is not an attempt to point a finger at @Sven

He is still here updating an inexpensive and one-off payment tools 12+ years later. I don't know anyone else doing this in the whole industry!

Yes, SER has it's limitations but the community needs to decide and get involved constructively in these conversations... I know there are plenty off people coming here and reading things, why they don't speak up and say anything, IDK?

Lots of these things/services have been added or suggested by customers to him to add over the years.

This is also forum ran by customers.

If nobody is going to test what they buy, speak up if they got ripped off, or provide helpful feedback how is he supposed to do anything really?

90 percent of time I contact him I have gotten quick reply and he seemed eager to fix if there was an issue from my experience.

To be clear, I'm not being rude one bit.... Just my take

• @backlinkaddict You're right, but this software hasn't become outdated just in the last few months. It hasn't been working properly (creating backlinks to obsolete platforms) for more than 3 years now.

What steps have you noticed that Sven has taken so far?

He seems content with the current dysfunctional version and the revenue it's generating. It's unlikely that he will consider all the positive feedback here and make significant changes to the software, as a one-time fee may not provide enough motivation to invest the considerable time and effort required to make these changes.
    Thanked by 1ericthekingslayer

• You're right, but this software hasn't become outdated just in the last few months
    How has it become outdated... in just the last few months, if it were outdated it would have been a lot longer then that, as far as time is concerned. TBH, strategy has changed and the way I use SER for SEO a lot on my end. I've seen a bunch of helpful updates come through in just the last few months. Some are in the change log.

There was also some projects being worked on behind the scenes likely all the negativity is motivation deal breaker to keep going with some of these, I agree there!

It hasn't been working properly (creating backlinks to obsolete platforms) for more than 3 years now.
    If there are obsolete platforms by default, then why are users scraping and/or purchasing targets for them is the question I would be asking? If it's still creating backlinks, how is it not working properly as a backlink creation tool? Can't ya just unselect them if they are obsolete for your project? There is a lot options here. Sometimes to many :)

I mean for example, squidoo lenses is still baked into Magic Submitter and back when the tool was useful it was still in there even though that site was not even live for years. Does not mean that it wasn't great software because for a time it was. Just means users need to not use these options or if big enough demand and not working maybe politely ask for them to be taken out.

I do understand it's not as easy today to just make basic template and get results. Ya know, the multi-tier splitting the non-contextuals and contextuals one. It does take a bit more involvement from user to configure now then used to for sure. But SEO and the way these sites behave has changed a lot too.

Well I can assure you in the last few months alone myself and 3 other known members I'm not going to name drop have mentioned somethings and they were quickly added/updated.

I even mentioned I would create the file needed to get API working for captcha service and he had already done it.

I have also mention to him some potential issues, he was eager to fix, though I could not provide project backup that would have been helpful at time. I have seen this many times him asking for project backups and quickly adding fix to next update, if bug has been found.

How can you know what's currently being worked on either?

I'm sure his time is limited and his to-do list is very long. I do not really see many helpful discussions lately with people agreeing or saying maybe this would be a good idea or that.

Is there another place to ask for new features I don't know about? I don't really see much activity here on this.

Then we just got some profile going round trying to ruin every potentially fruitful thread, now Sven has to sift through all that bologney to even see what people actually using the software for rankings and may have some clever ideas have to say :|

It's unlikely that he will consider all the positive feedback here
    Where is all of this positive feedback and good suggestions users are asking for and giving? I see a few Thank-Yous for some things that were done. I see a lot of complaining too. I've seen a lot of things that were working being complained about not working too.

I would imagine, you'd have to look at it from everyones perspective and not make assumptions to gauge whats actually going on.

Again to be clear, it's just my take, I'm not being rude one bit!

What is potential solution or issue you are facing which could lead to better user experience for SER? What would you suggest?

I know there were a few users building there sitelist again from scratch, if memory serves me correct, you had put some time into this as well?

revenue it's generating

I don't make any assumptions here either, I have no clue about this answer. I have noticed a few times he seems to be encouraged when people show they care and are actively using and talking about the software positively here.

I think that's how I would feel also if roles were to be reversed.

Then again need to have good, constructive and accurate feedback to do anything about bugs or issues first.

• malcom said:
    @backlinkaddict You're right, but this software hasn't become outdated just in the last few months. It hasn't been working properly (creating backlinks to obsolete platforms) for more than 3 years now.

He seems content with the current dysfunctional version and the revenue it's generating. It's unlikely that he will consider all the positive feedback here and make significant changes to the software, as a one-time fee may not provide enough motivation to invest the considerable time and effort required to make these changes.
    Agreed. I wish they would focus more on updating engines instead of just adding features. I still use GSA, and it remains one of my primary link-building tools, but there is huge room for updates.

@backlinkaddict Many, including myself, visit a few times a year to get support from the community. This is supposed to be a GSA product support forum, so basically, users get support here whenever they need it. There are tools with a one-time fee. Plus, I would not mind paying a few dollars monthly for updated engines, just as Botmaster does with XRumer, RankerX, etc.

• I'm fully aware of how all these tools work, own most, know their pricing and quality of support.

So what engines, that are relevant today worth fixing/updating do you suggest?

Which engines or CMS would you suggest to add?

It's one think to point out an issue it is another to suggest a solution.

Nobody is politely suggesting anything like this except pointing out it needs updates, which is already quite clear.

I still see no specific suggestions.....How is that helpful?

And some of these sites and CMS are not so easily possible without an add-on and or use of Javascript which to my knowledge SER does not play well will by default.

I wouldn't mind paying monthly either, but that is up DEV to decide what he wants to do with his software. I guess. Or another user trying to come up with solution, I don't see this working though either as everyone running around saying something didn't work when it was, which likely leads to these projects being abandoned, I guess.

So a real ?

Whats better trying to add javascript to SER or trying to get something like a helper program almost like FCS Networker was for some of these sites needing to pass strict bot tests?
  • edited April 13
    @backlinkaddict dude, I appreciate your sincerity, but what makes you believe that Sven will consider your suggestions or those of others? This thread is a week old, and he hasn't even bothered to reply to any of the suggestions thus far. Why should I care about a program when the owner doesn't seem to care either?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @malcolm - I don't get how anyone can say Sven doesn't care. You know many of the features in GSA software were added based on customer feedback/suggestions? It's probably thousands of features at this point. @Sven handles email support, and is a solo developer for a lot of the GSA software, and still tries to participate in the forum when he has spare time. He does all of this while selling software for a one-time fee. Look at the SER changelog. That's not a changelog you would see from a developer who doesn't care. And that's only one changelog, there are many more.

I would love to see new engines added as well, but I personally don't have any good platforms to suggest.  

@backlinkaddict is right. Specific instructions make it a lot easier to improve/add things. 

The best way to get new engines added/updated would be to make it as easy as possible for @Sven to add/update them. For example, if you know of a new platform that would work well with SER.

- Provide a URL to the registration/sign-up page. 
    - Provide an example URL to the posted article/comment etc where the backlink is present.

It's a lot easier for @Sven to add them when he doesn't have to spend a lot of time doing research and hunting for new engines etc.

@malcom - I'm not trying to attack you, it just annoys me when someone implies that Sven doesn't care because he doesn't jump into every discussion. 

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thanks @s4nt0s for making a standpoint here. Anyway, the reason I haven't replied here is that I keep TABs opened in my browser and work on suggestions such as in this thread when I have time. I am working on bugs almost instantly and on suggestions when I have a bit more time. Right now other projects hold me back from not adding these suggestions. Though it doesn't mean Im ignoring it. Though with a thread like this growing endlessly with all kinds of comments and meaning in between, it's getting harder to actually see suggestions and adding them....just saying.