Skip to content

Details On Using Catchall Emails

1235»

Comments

• "edit project->email accounts->email" - so just put in the "Your E-Mail" field?
  • the catchall and mail forward has been disabled by hostgator any suggestion on what to do
  • edited November 2013
    I was reading this thread; and I was wondering when someone would post something like the above; don't use hostgator for this; it isn't a longterm viable solution. I bought several domains for this in the past they will disable them all. They get complaints from websites about registrations from the same @domain so they disable the catchalls.
  • edited December 2013
    Who is using this today? Sound like an awesome solution to email problems.
  • so I am definitely going to go with a catchall setup but here is a question...

For years now when I set up a new domain 9 out of 10 times I am the only one ever in need of an email on it. So I am in the habit of setting a default address so mail sent to anyone at that domain just routes to my gmail account.

Can I setup the catchal so anymail sent to a domain routes to an inbox on an email account at hotmail or somewhere else as a catchall and then gsa logs into the hotmail or wherever else and does its thing or does the catchall email and the default email have to be on the same domain? 

• How do I put the email in the data area or am I being blind?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you have an extra tab for that.
  • Sorry...don't have images any more. Not sure why the forum doesn't show them any more.
  • @DavidA2 Any other source on the cron job? Without the images I'm a little lost.