Skip to content

2 projects - 1 catchall?

Hi
By mistake I added same catchall e-mail to different 2 projects on 2 different VPS.
Does accounts from project 1 will be verified, if SER from project 2 will download e-mails from project 1?

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Not 100% what you are asking but I used to have a single catch all for 3 VPS' running SER and they work fine. You will find that catch all sellers and OCR Captcha sellers massivly oversell and try to get more sales when a much smaller package works just as well.
  • HinkysHinkys SEOSpartans.com - Catchalls for SER - 30 Day Free Trial
    You can use the 1 catchall on 2 different VPS, it will work although it's recommended that you use separate catchalls for different servers.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    @Hinkys, just out of curiosity, why is that recommended? I use your service and am very happy with it but have personally never seen a reason to use anything other than the basic package. 
  • @shaun, @Hinkys thank you for responds.
  • multiple projects with one catchall is fine. no worries on that. I do it all the time with zero issue.
    @shaun
    Because when you have the same catchall on 2 different VPSes 1), each time you want to verify an email, SER has to download all emails for that the other VPS and 2) we had some customers report an error that happened when they did that. I don't know the exact error but it was something along the lines of "email not found". It was just something that seemed to happen occasionally and there weren't any apparent dips in # of verified links.

So you can use the same catchall cross multiple servers, nothing will break, it's just that things seem to function more smoothly when you keep them separated.

Also, the obvious fact that the more emails 1 catchall has to keep in the inbox, the longer it takes to verify emails.

Of course you can use the same catchall across multiple projects, it would be a massive overkill to have 1 catchall / project but in the same time, you shouldn't really use the same one across 100s of projects (no matter if it's on the same server or not) as that will slow everything down. 
  • hello,@Hinkys can i use one catchall in different projects?
    @foxymak
    Yes, you can.
  • Just tried SEOSpartans.. Let's see how it goes...