Skip to content

how long did it take for you to see results from SER

13»

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

@sonic81 - Just throw it all in - you'll be fine. But then going forward, I sort by date, and just take everything since the last time you did it. I do it every two weeks.

• "any are manually reviewed, so make sure you don't put links in there for about a week."

BLOGGER; WP.com and livejournal sure ar not.......
  • ronron SERLists.com
    But others are. As long as you know which platforms, you'll be fine.
  • @Ron, I am interested to know how much you spread out your money sites on different hosting accounts. Do you feel there is a benefit to spreading them across different hosts, if so to what degree do you do this?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I don't waste my time with that. If I was starting a blog network, then yes. But my own moneysites, no way. Use hostagtor or any other shared hosting plan.
  • The only time I have noticed that spreading out across different hosting accounts matter is if lets say you are trying to rank for blue widget  You make the site  bluewidget.com  Than make another site bluewidget.net  Well if the .net and .com are on the same Server IP.  One of them will not rank at all.    I've seen it happen countless times.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited February 2013
    Just a thought I had, why do many suggest creating Articles for tier 1 on the same few websites, eg. Wordpress, Blogger. I know the main domain has loads of PR but if we're going to be building links to these tier1 articles in our tier2s, surely we can use any old  blogging service as that will (hopefully) generate just as much PR...?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

The reason is upside potential. If a web 2.0 only is a PR3 at the homepage, the most an inner page could realistically have is a PR2. But put that article on a PR8 platform and build some juicy high PR links to it, and you just might end up with a PR 4 or a PR5.

Yes, you absolutely should use any and every platform. I've been able to rank just fine with the GSA regular lineup of web 2.0's, but if I had a site in a massively difficult and competitive arena, you can bet that I will go through the extra effort to get some of the premium web 2.0's built. For most sites it is not critical though.

Time in precious - do you want to build more moneysites and diversify your portfolio, or do you want to invest a ton of time building premium web 2.0's - that's the question. 

• I am still wating for my results :-(
  • @ron I'm trying to figure out how to implement web 2.0 properties, publish content for a week and then publish again to the same properties but this time with my link embedded. How do I do that? 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited February 2013

@blopa - I don't do that but I know I saw some threads on that. I wish I could help - it's on my to do list to give that process a try, but the web2.0's need to get functional again, which will be happening shortly.

By the way, don't get all hung up on web 2.0's. The articles and social networks also put up articles, and they work GREAT for helping you rank.

• seems like a a lot of work all this... I've heard others say with a bunch of this, that and the other they can maybe get their money sites ranked ... or if not penalized .... my test proved the 2nd results..
    for me it's too much work ... and when I read here you are obliged to continue or your rankings will drop
    I'm asking myself what my time is really worth...
    so I tried something else... a set it and forget it option...
    and my results without doing jack() today is...
    About 560,000 results (0.24 seconds) with probably 30% on the 1st page...
    with about 300-1000+ visits per hour...
    after about a month

• @ron Hello: Is there a way to add more platforms to GSA? Like Tumblr and Wikis. Thank you.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I have great results just working with whatever platforms and engines are already on SER. I'm really not a programmer.
  • @Ron What are your settings for Tier1 ? PR ? What Engines ? thanks
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Just use articles and social network.
  • hey ron thanks a lot for this great information.. I have just a questing when creating tier 1 links with ser what filters u use...

• ronron SERLists.com
    No filters. I don't use filters on any tier.
  • @ron you use wikis? and you curate your content with pics and vids?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yes. All my articles have a nice picture, no vids.
  • mmm, i tried to use pics but find out some social networks that dont support pics on articles... how do you handle that?
  • You add images in Kontent MAchine ?
  • @ron You just use dofollow articles and social network for your Tier 1? What about Tier 2? Also what about anchor text ratios?

Thanks
  • @Chess4532 gj on bumping 1.5 years old thread
  • hey it shows he searched, that deserves a medal instead of people starting new threads for the same query :)
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @Chess4532 - Dofollow articles and social network are better than nofollow, right? But a good link profile has both - otherwise you are screaming for a penalty.

Anchor text ratios are something you just have to test because every niche gives different results. Whatever you do, err on the low side as you can always increase the %.
  • @ron Thanks Ron. Do you throw everything at tier 2 or just same as Tier 1? Then a non tiered side campaign to get you some no follows also?