Skip to content

captcha sniper definition files exchange ?

13»

Comments

• GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
    edited November 2012
    @Mikie46
    I would assume that you should extract all of them (like you already did with your installer)
    and installer should import all of them

@Sven
    feature request for next version of the Addon creator
    checkbox "overwrite all without warning" (do not popup message for each overwrite)

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Or only overwrite if solve % is higher?
  • After talking with the Author of Captcha Sniper im sorry but i cannot agree with the guys logic. It makes no sense but he continue to say it does.

In Captcha Sniper you have two fields that read as such;

Total Solved:
    Current Solved:

Neither of these two fields are accurate. They increment even when the captcha is not solved cause he says GS has no way of knowing if the correct answer was received back from say GSA.

Umm, OK but if thats true what is the point of displaying Total Solved, Current Solved if they are Wrong?

These value increase even when the answer is WRONG. Once again, what is the point of displaying them unless is for a reassurance that CS is actually doing something when in fact its not solving quite as many captchas as one would think.

Come on! It says 7,000 captchas solved in my CS and i know there hasnt been 7k run though CS when only 1k links have been placed.

• OzzOzz
    edited November 2012
    Maybe "solved" is misleading to some point but the tool just can't know if the answer was right or wrong. It just knows that it has given an answer. A better term is maybe "Answer submitted" or something like that. 

Nevertheless is "solved" a good indicator imo. The more often CS could submit an answer, the higher is the possibility that one captcha was solved sucessfully.
  • AFAIK he added the total/current solved counters as someone asked for them to be added. There is no way for CSX to know whether the answer it generates is correct unless the application it sends the answer to sends a callback saying it is correct. And the only way for that application to know if the answer is correct is if it submits the request and gets an answer from the script it is submitting to saying the captcha is correct, which doesnt happen in a large number of cases.

The only current way to monitor overall correct 'solve' rate would be to set solved captchas to be saved, and go through them by hand - not really a viable option. I think you're probably too much emphasis on it tbh. CSX is the only thing I'm using for captcha solving with SER now, and I get what I think is a decent amount of links.
  • But its misleading. Its inaccurate and its wrong. That really the principal. Why display it if its incorrect? Thats what it really boils down too.
  • I'm sensing some sand
  • edited November 2012
    @mikie -- its a labeling issue... youre talking semantics here .. call it what you want ... you know now what it counts ... Its not meant to mislead or fool anynone.

In addition as someone pointed out, as long as you have retries set correctly, you should get a correct solve.  Also, there is ZERO correlation between a correct solve and submitted link, so many other variables with getting a link.
  • @anyone who updated to CS V2

I have updated CS to latest v2 but still get v7.77 on the right hand corner of captcha sniper...what others are getting version number?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Rename the old installation folder before update. Might be that the exe is not overwritten by the installer (was like that in older updates).
  • @CaptchaSniper In addition as someone pointed out, as long as you have retries set correctly, you should get a correct solve.

My is set to 6 and i can tell you im burning though my 2nd DealthbyCaptcha quickly.

In my opinion the older version worked much better. In fact, looking at all the definitions iv contributed so far im seeing very few if any of those solving. Why is that? Most of the solves are the definitions that came with v2x.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I recently updated the capchas but the biggest issue is knowing whether or not you've just DOWNGRADED CS!

What I mean is that there is the latest CS version, that includes some but not all of the new platforms. 

What I'd suggest is for someone to create 1 installer that they then export. THEN when new definitions come out, they update their one installer and only have the latest link. You know you must overwrite all, since we'll know these have the higher solve rate.

The other option is for Sven to edit his installer, where it looks at existing solve rate, and compares to new solve rate and only has a warning for ones where it's lower...rather than just a popup informing you of new solve rate.

@GiorgosK - surely this would be easier? 
  • edited November 2012
    Im not sure what you mean Global.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @mikie46 - CS has updates, and these include some but not all definitions. Now with the installer when you try and update your definitions, somebody may have shared a WORSE capcha solving rate. But you won't know that, because it only tells you the solve percent of capcha in installer. It should do a quick check to see if the capcha definition it is replacing has a worse solve rate...I bet many people here have updated with WORSE capcha solve rates as well as some better ones. 
  • edited November 2012
    Shouldn't CaptchaSniper  be answering this question? Afterall- he may have gotten some of the captcha updates from the folks here who have worked hard to solve them! And he would know best which defiitions are repetitive, or updated or not?