Skip to content

Sitelist Questions

I am using Ser for about 2 weeks and i am continuously building my sitelists using external tools.. 1. If i import a new sitelist to the software will the newly target urls be used to the projects that allready running ?? If not is there a way to use these new target urls to the projects that allready running ?? 2. If i duplicate a project and hit the delete target url history and target url cache will the software use the checked sitelists with all the new target urls that i have added (in my occasion verified and identified sitelists) ? Or do i have to check again all the platforms in the "where to submit" section to make the software to use all the newly created target urls ?? Thank you in advance..

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. yes

• Thanks Sven for answering so fast.. The "Yes" answer resides for the second question also ???
    2. you better import the urls directly from site list ... way faster.
  • edited February 2014
    Can you please explain the difference ? I made the direct import to a project that had been duplicated and had deleted the target url cache and history and now i have a bunch of left target urls... /:) Shouldn't have ser have imported the same amount of urls while i have deleted the url cache and the url history ??
    The difference is that import from global site list adds all URLs directly, while using site list will get a random URL each time from that list. That means it migth not get all of them.
  • Thank you Sven for this answer as this makes the procedure much clearer.. I have one more question for you.. I am importing directly target urls from sitelists at one of my projects and while the "Show left target urls" function shows that there are about 150000 remaining i get an important message that "no targets to post to" Do you have any idea why is this happening ??
    hmm no shouldn't happen :/
  • I've seen this error randomly show up for projects that still have URLs left in "show urls -> left target URLs". It sometimes seems like the project/SER doesn't respond and suddenly that error shows up, while in the log it happily keeps posting away. I just clear important messages and move on. As long as you have URLs left in your target URL cache there is no reason to worry about that message.
  • Ok, i keep an eye on it and post if there is something new..