VPS Specs for running SEO TOOLS

Hello guys,

I would like to ask what vps specs should I buy if I'm gonna run this tools:
- GSA SER
- Captcha Breaker
- GSA Indexer
- Kontent Machine & TBS
- Gscraper or Scrapebox

I would appreciate if someone can recommend their vps provider and their vps specs. Thank you guys!

Comments

• why you answered your skype id?
  • I am running that in a 4 core, 2 GB RAM Win2008 system and it is fine. Not fast but usable. 100 threads in SER. Before that I was using the same system with 2 core and it also worked but remote desktop responded slowly.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @seocored - You'll want 4GB ram at least if you want to run SER and SB/GS, plus the other tools.
    Try solideseovps
  • I run a 1Gb Windows 2008 with SER (100 threads),CB, KM, WAC and Scrapebox - but I'm cheap... I get about 27 LPM, which does me fine.
    1GB wow, i guess it depends what kind of volume you want to do... I run SER at 600 threads
  • @Samx Thank you sir, I will keep that in mind

@gooner do you run gsa indexer also in this vps? How many threads for gsa ser? and also for scraping using sb/gs?

@jjumpm2 where do you get your vps? For ser running 100 threads, how many projects youre running? How bout SB, how many threads or connections your running? are your scraping using sb while running ser 24/7? Thank you :)
  • @gooner - do you let ser scrape urls or just use SB/GS ? I ask because with that kind of volume you would need more than 200 - 300 proxies for scraping with ser.
  • UKFast - I would not recommend them! I only run 20 projects switching every 30 minutes. Like @gonner says, it depends what volume you are looking for.. I am pretty much at its limit, anything more on there and I would probably have issues.
    edited February 2014
    I use SB/GS for scraping, not SER.

100 private proxies shared between SB/GS and SER.
    SER has 600 threads, 200 on SB or GS. I don't use GSA Indexer.
  • @gooner you use sb/gs on the same VPS with SER?
    Right now i use a dedicated server, but i used to use them both on a VPS from solidseovps yes.
  • @ gooner thanks for answering everything bro :) Appreciate it
  • @gooner forgot to ask how many projects youre running with that 600 threads?
  • seocored - If you just want to run SER and CB then a 2GB VPS will be fine, but if you want to use the other tools at the same time, then you will most likely need 4GB
    @seocored I am running 150 projects at the same time, no scheduler - But you will need scheduler on VPS probably. 20 projects for 20 mins used to work great for me.

@2take2 - Gives good advice about the RAM, i agree with that.
  • @gooner what are the dedi specs you have for SER?
    @cefege - I have 4 servers. Specs are like this:

2 x Intel Xeon E5530, 2.4Ghz / 12 cores / 24 threads, 16GB ram
    2 x Intel Xeon E5520, 2.27Ghz / 12 cores / 24 threads, 16GB ram
    2 x Intel Xeon X5650, 2.67Ghz / 12 cores / 24 threads, 24GB ram
    AMD FX-6300, 3.1Ghz / 8 Cores / 8 Threads, 16GB ram
  • edited February 2014
    @2Take2 thanks for recommending specs :) It really helps

@gooner whoa! awesome specs, where do you get those buddy? hope you don't mind sharing :)
  • +1 Would love to know aswell :)
    edited February 2014
    @seocored, @cefege - PM sent guys.
  • @gooner - you mentioned 100 private proxies for your set up.  Would I need a new batch of 100 private proxies for each SER install I have?  My goal is to run anywhere from 50-100 projects per SER install.
    @chadisa - I use the same 100 proxies on 4 servers, but if you let SER scrape with those proxies it won't work good. They will be banned very quickly. You need to have SER posting only and scrape with Gscraper/Scrapebox or buy lists.
  • Kodus to @gooner thanks for helping us man
  • @ gooner - ah ok that's exactly what I am doing now - good to know I am on the right track!  Thanks for that follow up.
    Welcome guys, hope it helped.
  • @gooner if you don't mind i want to know where did u buy ur vps as well :)
  • @gooner. sorry. i mean your dedicated server
    @lemonzer - Haha ahh ok, at the moment i am using ServerPronto and i've just signed up for GodModeHost to try them out.