Skip to content

Gsa Api Automation : Control GSA remotely

edited December 2013 in Feature Requests
Hey, I have already asked Sven several months ago about if there was a way to automate GSA but unfortunately there wasn't. I don't know about you guys, but i would love to control GSA remotely and not have to deal with the setup options manually. Xrumer does that and being able to send commands to GSA with my custom script would seriously rock, period. What i am asking is not a FULL package, but just a Gateway/Bridge between gsa and an external control system( Which anyone would need to code himself). The Bridge should understand JSON response in order to make it usuable with all languages. Sure there is the option of coding it myself with C#, but it will not be performance driven and slow.... What do you guys think ? PS: Sorry but the text doesn't display the way i want :/

Comments

• BlazingSEOBlazingSEO http://blazingseollc.com/proxy
    I actually have a bot that I coded myself that connects between my PHP server and my Windows VPS that allows me to programatically set up campaigns. Never released it to the public because it requires a lot of updating as GSA updates very often, but if you're interested in a custom quote shoot me a PM.
  • I just wrote out a big reply to this but deleted it as I'm not 100% sure it would be viable.

Anyway, is there not a way of accessing and editing the .ser file (I remember @ron saying something that he edits projects using Notepad++). I haven't found out how to do this yet but I presume that it should be possible to write a 'master' file in Notepad++ and then upload it and there will be a new file. It would mean that once you have a 'method' that works, you can just add in your different URL/keywords/anchors/content and press GO. Must be a little quicker and the fact that it won't interfere with your current projects will be a little faster. Plus, you could eventually get a VA to do this for you once you have your method nailed....leaving you to sip cocktails on a beach somewhere.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Notepad++ is invaluable. It is nothing more than Notepad, but it has a ton of cool editing features. I use it for SER pretty much exclusively.

Basically all I do if highlight all files I want opened in Notepad++ and open them in one click. Then I see a problem where I want to change a particular value in SER for some projects. All I do then is a global find and global replace.

It works well if you have files that have the same value for a certain field. Then the find and replace is easy. One click to replace all bad fields, and one click to save all projects.

The project files are the ones that have all the settings, anchors, article spins, etc. They all end in .prj
  • Generating new projects automatically isn't an issue. What would be cool is to be able to take full control over GSA. Starting projects, pausing them etc.... I guess you get me :) I guess i will try to do this with win32
  • but where are project files .ser located? if I open backup of the project .ser it shows hexor something...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    *.ser files are nothing more than zip files.
  • @ron, where do you find the .prj files? I can't find them anywhere....sorry I know this is lame..
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @judderMan C:\Users\YOURUSER\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects
  • Just like @ron I now create/edit new projects with Notepadd++ as I have most of my project data the same. Just need to change some values globally and that is. Much faster. 

The idea about remote control is interesting tho.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I encourage everybody to open two files to help them understand this product better:

- Open up a .prj file and look at the file structure. You will see where every one on your settings is in the file.

- Open up an engine file, like WikiWiki as an example. You will see the footprints SER uses to find targets and a few other things.

Just opening these files and spending a few minutes will change your understanding of SER. 
    Is this something people would pay to have access to? Allowing full, scalable, automation of GSA? Turning on/off proxies, setting proxies, setting up projects completely, etc.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    If you could control multiple installations/VPS' from one control panel then yessssss :)
    It's only a matter of installing the Windows .exe automater on each VPS, because after that it connects to your PHP server without a problem.

I was under the impression that developing a full-fledged automater, plus keeping it updated, wouldn't be worth the time spent on it. It's definitely a sweet thing to be able to do, but I'm not sure if there's ENOUGH demand... I guess I could be wrong though.
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    +1 from me, hopefully others want it too.
  • I would deff be down for it but I guess depends on what exactly it could do. 
    It'd be able to run the program exactly how you would do it manually. Certain criteria when to start/stop projects, run for X amount of days, export options to automatically upload to your website or send an email to a client maybe.

Who all could justify a nominal monthly fee (<$10/mo) so that I would keep it updated along with all the sweet updates Sven releases on a weekly basis? Or would you only buy it if it were one-time purchase?
  • If it´s well done, I think an small monthly fee would be ok @BanditIM
  • edited December 2013
    I just finished my automation program. A few thing were hard but it's ok now :)
  • @Tim89 thanks man, but I only have the site lists in that file (failed, identified, successful, verified) and that's it. That's where I thought the prj files would be...

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @judderman there should be a folder called projects in there..?
  • Nope...might reinstall.
  • gsa can be controlled remotely using psexec and a ftp automation tool-it isn't extensive as you are limited to the command line controls from gsa like kill it, start it, start it with scheduler-
    the ftp autmation can be used to manipulate the targets like, add lists, delete target url history, delete target urls, etc

• edited December 2013
    can't edit the above post-let me elab a bit ftp automation->delete target url history->delete target url cache->add targets this is brief summary but trust me it can be done you can create batch files to start gsa on scheduler->and create a batch file to kill it when you need to clear target history, add targets, etc psexec will log onto server remotely and execute the batchfiles; if you know how to manipulate and don't mind using scheduler gsa can be controlled remotely
  • I would deff pay 10$ a month for that. :)

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I would definitely pay $10 to remotely manage my servers. I would prefer a PHP script I installed on my own FTP and put in my connection info that was able to be updated without manually reuploading all of the files...like how Wordpress now allows you to upgrade directly from the control panel.
    I may be a little confused with your response, but the way I intend it to work is that I will host the PHP script on my server and you will get login information. Once logged in, you will be able to control all windows vps's that you run GSA on.

You will of course need to install the actual bot, one time, on each vps.
  • I would pay the 10 also
  • @ron Just a note. Notepad++ only has one feature lacking and that is multiline search and replace. The next step up to handle multiline perfectly is Ultraedit. I use both.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @coneh34d I just looked at Ultraedit and that is a serious piece of software. Thanks!