Skip to content

How deep?

Hi guys,

how deep would you go with your tiers?
Would it make sense to make more then 4 tiers deep as the chain could break more easier?
Tagged:

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    If I were you, I would test it and see what type of results you get with T2 and beyond.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    As deep as 8 tiers for my main keywords.
  • edited October 2013
    I dont even know iv lost count on one of my tree branches....... 20+ tiers for one of mine......lol
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Wow.... I stick to 3. What's the reasoning behind doing 8-20  tiers?
  • edited October 2013
    Oh well the 20 really are just  web 2.0s and blogs.. then i go onto gsa search engine and create a couple quality projects and then dont care tiers after them most of the link jice is probably lost in though through a lot of different things and really the 20 tier project was really just a test.. results didnt really come out that great either.... seen some good results from the gsa end but didnt pass all that on 20 tiers down...

• royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Go for as many as you can, the chain will not break if you are sure to use the verify excisting links option when building tiers,

Why is more better ?
    I see it as small avenues leading to a main point, the more avenues there are to the main point the more likely it is that people will end up at the main point.
    In the case of link building it is avenues that will lead search engine spiders on a very long trail to eventually end up at your site.

Also not all tiers have to be below each other ie - 1234567  you could for example have multiple tier levels like 5 tier 1's each promoting a different platform,each using different ip's different email accounts.

If you would like to see a sample of a 7 tier project where you have dual downlinks then take a look at the blog post i have over here: http://asiavirtualsolutions.com/gsa-ser-data-pack-plus-option-7-tiers/

Here is something a bit more complex 28 Tier  that i have been working on ( For something this complex i will use at least 100 dedicated proxies and at least 100 email accounts on each number:
  • Looks impressive but I fear that Google see a pattern in it and disgrace this pyramid - just my thinking (too much symetric for my taste). I posted this question because I plan to make tiers like: moneysite<-TierA1, TierB1, TierC1<- TierA2, TierB2, TierC2<- TierA3, TierB3,TierC3; TierA2 points only to TierA1 and so on. This would be the main grid. Afterwards the question for me is to build TierA4 (and so on) or to build more Tiers like TierD1; TierE1 (and so on). Also a question is how to interlink these Tiers - not too much and not too symetric but some here and some there ... suggestions to this would be very welcomed :-)
  • royalmiceroyalmice WEBSITE: ---> https://asiavirtualsolutions.com | SKYPE:---> asiavirtualsolutions
    Stoffl

The more confused the semetric the less likely it is to see a patern.

You asked how to interlink the Tiers - If i understand what you plan then it is pretty straight forward, all you do is  on the DATA tab at the top, dont add any thing in the urls section, but just below the URL field, there is a option to use verified links from another project, so in your case it would be

TierA2, TierB2, TierC2  --> use verified links from TierA1, TierB1, TierC1
    TierA3, TierB3,TierC3; --> use verified links from TierA2, TierB2, TierC2

Using filter variations and different platform selections you can make each of  your A123, B123 C123 unique but you will need to prepare a flowchart in advance of how you plan to operate otherwise it is easy to get lost if you just do it blindly

• It is true I did not took in account "use verified links" :-)
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited October 2013
    I don't believe Google is willing to put their resources into "identifying" linking patterns as suggested.
    Maybe if you had all your links from one type of platform it might be too obvious, but in terms of following links up to 20 tiers deep - I can't see them using their resources for that. They're in the business of making money, not wasting it chasing 20 tiers of links.

Anyhow, my tests show there is no real difference between using 3 tiers or 5 tiers... I've never tried 20 because that's a lot of resources for such small reward.
    I think in order to succeed you need to be different and to be different you need to do what no one else is doing or willing to do... That is how you will stand out in the SERPS.

If you follow the straight forward  1-->2--->3--->4 link pattern that every  seo newbie start off with then you will get your ass burned by the SERPS

Be different and think outside of the box

I've never tested so i can't comment if it works, but i can comment that "what everyone else is doing" definitely works.

From my point of view i could never do 20 tiers per url with the volume of sites i am working with.
    I would need 10+ copies of SER running at least :D
    edited October 2013
    Gooner, no one was suggesting 20 Tiers per url, that, i agree would be plain insane.
    And no to be different does not mean you need 20 tiers u can have just a handful, but be unique in the way you link them and set up the options and filters.

Not sure i agree that what everyone else is doing definitely works -- i see too many people bitching about everything from panda, penguin and hummingbird affecting them
    I don't understand the image posted by @royalmice. How is it possible to 'shrink' the tiers below it? If you are posting more than 1 link to every tier link 'above it' then the number of links will grow, not shrink. Unless you are not posting to every link above....
    @royalmice - Actually i just scanned it and didn't look properly, my bad!

Can you explain it a little bit more as per @spunko2010 asked above, cheers
    edited October 2013
    I wondered if he was posting to PR filters or something on T2+. Obviously not all will have PR on the 'junk tiers' and in theory those with PR have been around for quite a long time (last PR update was 9 months ago), so might stand more of a chance of 'sticking'. I may try this.
  • i believe not everyone understand what a tier is
    @spunko - Nothing is being shrunk, the tiers below are fed the live verified links from the tier above and this entire process is repeated all the way down. No the number of links wont really grow as there is a limited amount of submissions from each tier which will be verified and passed on to the next tier. The lower tiers are depended on the tiers above them for new links to be submitted.

In a correctely structured tier you will vary the platforms used on each tier and the most important thing as far as i am concerned when building tiers with GSA Ser is to use: "Use Verified links from another Project" this is how you create the downlink, but even more important is to use the option: "Verified links must have exact url" and to verify existing backlink -- fail to use the last to and your down links will become broken and the chains broken.

Your second remark makes no sense about PR Filters and it makes me believe you lack a thorough understanding of a tiered network But in short PR filters could be applied to the top tiers as those are the tiers for which you should aim to get quality links

I suck at explaining things  but if you take a look at the detailed breakdown i give on a 7 tier project you might be able to better understand the use of PR filters as well as other filters such as scheduling etc -- Take a look here -->  http://asiavirtualsolutions.com/gsa-ser-data-pack-plus-option-7-tiers/  and scroll down where you see the grayed tabs for each tier, then look at the different options and filters used in each tier.

I am sorry if what i am explaining makes no sense i am better at drawing pictures...

• I'm very curious regarding this Royal.  Have you used any of the above 7 Tier & 28 Tier to rank for some difficult keywords?

I'm pretty solid on ranking for keywords up to 2-3 million competing pages with just a very simple 3 tier system. but anything over that I can't really do with GSA alone.
    Humar, 7 tier yes, multiple sites, the 28 tier is a personal thing and a work in progress.
    I am not particularly going for exact keyword ranking but instead focus on ranking for the long tail keywords.
  • MrXMrX Germany
    edited October 2013
    It would say that 3-5 tiers are definetly enough. This is not about who can make the most complex and sophisticated link structure chaos.
    You might consider that every link type you are using has some characteristics so there is no sense to me, linking e.g. image comments to articles. Make things look natural so get bookmarks to articles, maybe some wikis or just more articles! Drop some microblogging stuff to it. Thing about where "normal" people are placing their links and use the random stuff like blog comments and forum crap just to spam lower tiers and make sure your links are getting indexed ...
  • nawshalenawshale Sales & Tech Support at www.SERVerifiedLists.com
    Hunar

Any TIps ...Im on 3Tiers and Im confusing with Anchor text ratios .. Can you share some stuffs!
    edited October 2013
    Hi @royalmice are you interested in doing a one-off 'test' project for me with your 28 tier system? It is not a particularly hard KW.  Of course, I would pay.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2013
    @royalmice, aren't you potentially leaving a massive footprint by having only PR3+ sites as your tier1 properties?

RE: the OP, I normally only go 2 or maybe 3 tiers deep, and have never found it necessary to go any deeper.

TBH I think that a lot of SER users who are in low or medium competition niches could probably rank their sites just fine without even bothering with building any tiers altogether.
    2Take2 - no i dont think there is a issue of massive footprint if I use PR 3 and higher for the top tier. Most of the reputed sites for the platforms being used in the top tiers are in anyway PR3 and higher, By limiting it to pr 3 and higher it means i am building quality links to my money site. Of-course i dont only use GSA SER for site promotion and i have several onsite SEO plugins which also promote to various other mixed PR sites, as such i have good link diversity. DONT rely on just one tool to do all your SEO and backlinking, as i said those who are different and dont go with the flow are the ones that will have a better chance of gaining in the SERPS

spunko2010 no thanks i have no intention at this time at doing the 28 tier commercially as it will take up to much of my time, and time is something which i don't have enough of these days
  • royalmice, which tools do you extra use? - would be great if you could share this information with us - just curious :-)
    edited October 2013
    Soffi, LOL would you like my PayPal login details and credit card numbers as well while i am at it [-X
    I use a few WP SEO Tools which do post syndication and automate the process of bookmarking to web 2.0's and other prominent sites
  • edited October 2013
    hehe sorry that I dare to ask :)
    I use sometimes Seo Link Robot Suit and SEO Link Dominator with Wiki Wizard but only partial because most of it GSA SER cover.

PS: Paypal login would be nice too :P
    It would be nice if you could give some numbers @royalmice to give an idea of how competitive your niche is, where you think it's necessary to go 28 levels deep. I agree with @2Take2 it is probably not necessary for most to go even 4 deep.

Rollin' in the deeeeep
    edited October 2013
    I am not saying it is necessary to go 28 levels deep, if 1 or 3 or 4 levels work for you then great for you. I like to experiment with different options and not only sticking to what every body else is doing because they dont know better or are not prepared to spend the extra effort go beyond the norm, and as indicated earlier the 28 tier  is a work in progress, which i will never make available publicly . If you want to see results of my tiered data packs then do a Google search for "GSA Ser data packs" or "Asia Virtual Solutions" or go to BHW and do a search there for the same or simply visit this link : http://asiavirtualsolutions.com/product/gsa-search-engine-ranker-data-pack/#tab-reviews and scroll down to the reviews, or here in this forum go to these links to read the impact of tiered gsa : https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/5138/gsa-ser-data-packs-emails-pdf-s-longtail-keywords-new-service/p1  or https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/5420/what-i-experienced-with-asia-virtual-solutions-gsa-ser-data-packs

I have said what i wanted so will be moving on from this thread, feel free to drop me a pm if you have any questions related to services i offer