Skip to content

captcha sniper definition files exchange ?

GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
edited October 2012 in Other / Mixed
I can't find any place where people are posting and exchanging definition files (database)
I think one can update database from within CDK and it would update the new definitions right ?

I was playing around with CDK and I think I got the hang of it
for example
GetBoo
median 2,
blur 0x1,
unsharp 0x5,
threshhold 47% 
and get a 20% success (0% before) and all this took me 20 minutes (next captcha type probably will take less)

if each one tries to train CDK to solve their favorite platforms than we can just exchange databases
anybody interested ? any suggestions ?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@GiorgosK I was wondering if it now supports to add these new definitions while just copying some new files to the folder or do we have to click things int he program to add/import things?

If it was the first thing, we could easily create our own GSA Captcha Addon packages e,g.

• I tested with a friend
    gave him my captchasniper.mdb to import
    but there was a problem importing and crashed CSX
    (I guess importing does not work that great yet)

then he just replaced the .mdb with my own
    but it was looking for a file in captcha/typeu111/...gif
    and after we also transfered these files the database was exactly like mine

I uploaded the database and missing typeu111 folder here
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ho6c5wow4r9iir2

this database contains the GetBoo improvement I mentioned above
    and a new definition for Burning Board with 26% success with 46 sample files

@Sven I think if one replaces .mdb and adds the captcha/typeu111 type of files it could work
    but this will replace previous database and definitions
    so no easy way for each one to work in parallel and then MERGE definition :-(

anybody please report if you succeed in IMPORTING the database from CDK
  • i am badly looking for something like that as well, my CS mdb is 13 MB so anyone with a bigger one got more solved i would guess,

regarding adding it to CS (havent tried) but thats what i found out on how to do it.

Please read carefully and follow these exact steps if you wish to share the db and take advantage of other db's

First make a backup of the following before you do anything else!

1. captchasniper.mdb located in \Program Files\Captcha Sniper

2. the entire user captcha image folders labeled as typeuxx located in \Program Files\Captcha Sniper\captchas

3. your user tesseract training files labeled as numbers and located in \Program Files\Captcha Sniper\Tesseract\tessdata\configs

You must make a backup of these otherwise you will loose all your work up to that point if you simply overwrite!

Source: http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/black-hat-seo/446637-captcha-sniper-definition-files-32-additional-captchas-mostly-gsa.html

.. so in summary we would need the new typeuXX files
    additionally to the new .mdb file

• OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    great thread :)

YAD
    - Just uncheck "Upper Case" in OCR
    - 100% solving rate

PS: Remember that mediafire-links won't work as wanted because of the anonymizer of this forum. To download GiorgosK mdb you need to copy/paste -> mediafire.com/?ho6c5wow4r9iir2 in your browser.
    Well if it is a mdb file only, I guess I can write something together that mergs the files.
  • @Ozz great
    please keep them coming

@Sven .mdb is a access database file  a simple merge don't think would work ;-) (if that was what you were planning)

other than merging .mdb file you will have to copy and paste all newly created folders in captchas folder

beware though a possible problem is my newly created captcha could get ID 111 but in someoneelse's system 111 might be already occupied because they were playing CDK and created a new captcha type

possible work around would be to start GSA SER CSX ids from 100000 will it work ?

if you need any help testing let me know

• edited October 2012
    @all ... the import functionality is designed and intended to do all the work for you ... merge the database (with new ids), copy the tesseract files, create the folders and images .. etc.  If there is a bug, I need to know about it so that I can solve it, so please contact me via license[at]captchasniper.com and ill get it fixed for the upcoming version.

Also, I am in the process of setting up a forum for Captcha Sniper.  Its hardly comlpete, but its my hope that this would be the centralized place to share your files.  So, please take a moment to register and post your files there.  Again ... the forum is just getting started and its very much incomplete, and I had not intended to publicize it yet until its finished, but this seems like an opportune time:

@Sven - if linking to my own forum is not allowed, please delete this part of the thread :)
  • GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
    edited October 2012
    @all I send the files to CaptchaSniper support and he has said he has found the bug of importing
    he promised to fix it by next version (which I read in another forum it should be once a month)

On the new version we can probably exchange databases and import things without losing our previously imported/created captcha types
  • @Giorgosk - normally once a month, but I got a bit sidetracked, so Im roughly two weeks out.  at any rate, you shouldnt be losing any settings regrdless of this bug ... which by the way is intermitent.  It wont happen to everyone, only in the case where you have added and then subsequently deleted a captcha type ... as far as I know, thats whats causing it ;)
  • I was just wondering a couple days ago about sharing these. I meant to check if anyone was doing it, and I forgot. I just happened across this thread today.

This will be GREAT! As a community, we can surely work together to have CSX work even better for us. This will multiply our efforts...and we will get more out of CSX and SER!

Thanks for the work guys!

And thanks CaptchaSniper for the forum!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    The support on CS is world class. 
    =D>
    edited October 2012

Here comes the thing that everyone has been waiting for:

GSA CS Addon Creator/Installer
     This tool will create separate addon installers for your self-made captcha types and provide a single executable install.exe that everyone can use to install it on there system. No need to click anything in CaptchaSniper or alike. 
  • wtf.

many thanks for this :)
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Interesting ...

Many thanks indeed.
  • jeez- WTF is the right word.

sven- mucho gracias for making this with lightning speed..
  • I guess i'm confused on how this works?

So you install it.  And anytime someone adds a Captcha that they have done it will automatically update CS with it?
    No, it lets you create installers from your self made captcha types. You can than share this installer with your friends who can than easily install this new captcha type on there system.
  • Ah, Nice  Love it. :) Thank you very much.
  • Well let me be the 1st to share. 

I don't know how many of these are good. I just tried to get success rate of 10% and above since it retries 6 times.  But here ya go.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5qa1y8i9ll6bblx
  • Thanks a lot!

I advice everyone to make a backup copy of your *.mdb first. Just in case...
    hehe yes you never know what evil bugs I made :/
  • edited October 2012
    @Sven  - looks cool .. mind if I share it elsewhere?

Also, is this independent of the schema?  The schema will likely change and progess moving forward.

I haven't tested it yet, but I'm assuming this handles the files needed in the captchas and tesseract folders?

@CaptchaSniper, sure share it where you want. It's freeware/public domain whatsoever.

What it does is taking the mdb, delete the captcha types not wanted and on installation it inserts a new entry and changing things according to the CaptchaIndex column. It also extracts the image from the mdb file and creates a gif (convert from jpg,png,bmp if needed) file in the correct folder as preview.

Thats basically all, I didn't see anything else that would be required or am I missing something?

@CaptchaSniper, I see now what you mean, the charset file had to be created as well. I fixed that now (same URL but v1.01)
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
  • @Ozz & @hunar- many thanks for these :)
  • @Sven  - looks much better now.

A couple of things I've noticed.  Sometimes it intermitently doesnt work.  It will just create a file containg the entire database despite what I've selected.  Other times it does excatly what its supposed to.   Also, the screen.gif file that is created, should be an unscaled 200x60.  All in all, it looks fantastic and I appreciate the nifty tool :)
    The whole DB is only added if you select all types. Whats missing is a "Compact" on the resulting data which didn't work out that good till now. Im adding the 200x60 thing in 1.02
  • @Sven, I experienced the entire DB being exported when only selecting one type ... thats what I was trying to tell you ;)
  • As I've created my YAD definition I got a pretty big file of 12 mb. I think this is because of all the images of that captcha I've imported to CS.

Is it possible to just take up to 100 images of that captcha to reduce the file size?