Skip to content

force stop GSA-SER-initiated-proxies-testing in proxies panel and proxies on status bar (resolved)

GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
edited November 2012 in Feature Requests
please allow for proxy testing forced stop from the proxies panel

if it starts and you want to do changes on the proxies panel you have to wait until it stops which could take LONG time

also please consider putting the count of good/bad proxies on the statusbar

thanks

Comments

• again today I went to change the proxies but since their is testing done (initiated by the program itself) I can't stop the testing and add my private proxies, I have to force/close the program from the tast manager which is not ideal

it would be very handy to have a stop testing even though the test was initiated by the program itself
  • Second that. As I've outscourced my projects to a VPS I have more time to play with different parts of SER and proxy checking is a pain when it goes in idle mode for the last couple of proxies to check. 

It should just force the proxy test to an end if it doesn't react within 60 seconds or so.
  • GiorgosKGiorgosK Greece
    edited October 2012
    Nice thanks sven
    the proxies number on the status bar is very welcome
    anything on the way to forcefully stop proxy checking ?
  • No idle mode for me anymore. They are stopping instantly for me now :)

You should keep an eye on the threads- along with timeout-settings. My router is heating up very fast when I try to check too many proxies with low timeout.
  • did not check it but guess this is resolved than
  • @Sven,

I still propose for the feature to forceful stop of GSA-SER-initiated-proxies-testing

when I want to test new settings on proxies settings but proxies is already initiated by program
    I have not wait but stop all projects and shut down GSA SER otherwise I might have to wait for long time for test to finish

• @Sven can we get the abort for stopping proxy testing even for program initiated proxy testing ?
    is it possible ?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    next version will let you abort the "automatic proxy search + testing" if it's that what you asked for.
  • @sven yep thanks a bunch