Skip to content

5 Random SE Auto Selection Button :)

13»

Comments

• edited July 2013
    i believe some proxy blocks MSG are caused because of the captcha google triggers when there are too many searches from 1 ip.. and SER is not Coded to solve those captchas... im not sure about this but it could be
  • Ozz,
    "rename the line [google 1/RND: Country] ... [google 5/RND: Country] and save the file"

I tried using spintax eg [google {DK|IE|NZ|NL|NO|PH}] but it didnt seem to work. I can see the mods in SE. What have I done wrong here?
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2013
    you can't spin the LABEL of your SE mod. even if you can it would make no sense. just give it a name and it could be like
    [zulurangers SE Mod #1] or [zulurangers SE Blaster Master] or [#Whatever] **

this line is just to label the SE and you'll find it by that name later when you selecting your SEs.

you are only able to spin everything which is in the "url=" line.

** if you like that your SEs will show at the top of the SE list than put a special character like # (or //) in front of the name after the [. as the SEs are ordered alphabetically your SE mod will be on the top of the list.
  • Thanks Ozz. It is clearer now.
  • another tip from the SE mod lab :D

i've noticed that some times the "site:.edu" and "site:.gov" operator is used in front of the search query. this obviously doesn't work that good when its used with the 'always use keywords' option and you'll end up with 000/000 for the majority of search terms

For google SE mods add this line to the bottom:
    query_remove=site:.edu;site:.gov;site:.mil

For yahoo SE mods you need to add this to the bottom:
    query_remove=domain:.gov;domain:.edu;domain:.mil

Furthermore you are able to remove other characters and operators like " or inurl: as well

@Sven: how often are those "site:.edu|.gov" operators used in average and i didn't saw something like "site:.net|.com|.org"  which would make more sense to me when it comes down to get the most results. maybe i just missed them because i was just focussing on 000/000 results??!
  • omg, thx Ozz for this.... i'm gonna remove in this way all inurl: and intitle: because probably this operators slays my proxies
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2013
    i doubt this will help that much anymore as google also blacklisted some common footprints as well in my experience. but you'll never know for sure and can try. please report back if you noticing anything.

also remember that every SE uses different operators. the "site:" operator for google is called "domain:" in yahoo for example. but you can see the differences in your SEs files when you take a look at lines like
    intitle=title:
    site=domain:
    and need to remove it accordingly.
  • hmmm added line:

query_remove=site:;inurl:;intitle:

it doesn't change anything :/
    of course I restarted SER after change in file
  • I tested this on google only.... and it didn't work for me
  • did you just read the log or acutally opened the url with "right click -> open url"? do that instead and you'll see that its removed. at least this is the case for single characters. can't tell for sure for longer terms as i didn't saw any queries with "site:.edu" since i added that to my mods.
  • I opened the url and in browser where normal queries with inurl: intitlte: and site:
    :(
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    the "site:.domain" is only added if you use some filters to build links to that sites (project options).
  • OzzOzz
    edited August 2013
    @sven: i think it was just coincidence when i saw that and it was due to the footprints of the 'General Blogs' engine where this is part of. i just assumed this was due to an in-built feature then.

@ragnar23: its working for me. you need to add it like this below your SE mod after the "link=link:" line or whatever the last line is of that SE.
    query_remove=inurl:;intitle:;inurl%3A;intitle%3A

you can test it with the "search online for urls" tool and a search term like 
    inurl:/register "powered by *"

as soon as you see the search query on the bottom of that tool just double click it and it will open the url in your browser. 'inurl:' wasn't present for me and it was maybe not working because the ':' was transformed to '%3A'.
  • edited August 2013
    @Ozz %3A was the key...beer for you dude ;-)
  • but unfortunately you were right... this doesn't help... 7 out of 15 got banned within 1,5 hour

that's really shitty case... formely I had 20 proxies G-enabled... now only 8 left... 
    search queries are every 30 seconds... google is one of 18 search engines used in a project... and it doesn't help me against proxy-block

oh why.... I feel hopeless

• @Ozz , did you performed any tests on mixing parts of footprints?

For example you have pligg footprint:
    "Published News" "Upcoming News" "Submit a New Story" Groups "Create a Group"

And changed it to:
    "Submit a New Story" "Upcoming News" "Create a Group" "Published News" Groups

does Google know it is a variation of first version or thinks it is a new footprint??
  • that doesn't help a single bit as SER is mixing the footprint by itself.
  • too bad... it's not easy to change all footprints... only harvesting whole internet would be reasonable, of course only for google ;]

what do you think about adding feature to proxy-tool ... there would be a column "google enabled"... if proxy is 'google enabled' it would be used for scraping with google. it could lead to situations when we have no google-enabled proxies, but we will know they were used 

• @Ozz I kind of luv you lol...  thanks so much for this! (I know I haven't really ever posted, I'm more of a lurker but I have found value in everything you've posted!) thanks again!

• Is this solution still working ? I did everything as mentioned above, even renamed  [google 1/RND: Country] to [zulurangers SE Mod #1] (:)
    I put the file in folder - C:\Users\XX\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker

• AFAIK it should be in the main application directory (eg Program Files/GSA Search Engine Ranker), not in AppData/Roaming
  • @cherub - thank you. I thought the problem is something simple as that. However, nothing shows up in engine list.