Skip to content

5 Random SE Auto Selection Button :)

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

In all honesty, dont worry yourself over it Ozz

Its a solution that works

I know monitoring search and submissions, I see very few ip blocked messages

When I checked traffic travis yesterday for the amount of googles they support, they list 60 to 80 googles

If you have more insight into the method of finding the engines to bin, we could possibly get those using this method to pool results on the engines to avoid

Get people to list their findings under

Good googles

Bad googles

• OzzOzz
    edited June 2013
    IIRC than i just pre-filtered them with a media-wiki footprint, saved the results in excel and kept all googles that gave me at least a number of XXX search results. that was a ~month ago so i can't say exactly which footprint and which results i kept anymore.

but to do it the easy way i suggest to just keep the googles of the bigger and well indexed countries and skip the smaller ones (by using common sense of numbers like population). i don't know if this works, but we can also spin the small countries like "UY", "BE", "CH" (...)  within another spin, so they won't be used such often.

example:

google{DE|US|UK|{CH|UY|BE}}
    <- in this case 1 out of 3 "small googles" are used in 1 out of 4 search queries overall (= all "small googles" combined get used 25% of time)

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @Ozz you misunderstood me. The URL is read from the ini file, a random combination is used from the spin to build the valid URL and thats it. It will now be used for that keyword/footprint until it will use another one.
  • thanks for clearing that up :)
    edited June 2013
    So your back to being a genius then Ozz ^:)^   ^:)^
  • Do you select all 5 custom search engines or only 1 of them? What works best for you?

Ozz, can you share your custom search engines settings with big and small google spins?

• "Do you select all 5 custom search engines or only 1 of them? What works best for you?"

I'd like to know the answer to that one as well :)
  • I select all 5, plus I select a Yahoo as well.  I'm still getting quite a few "IP/Proxy Block" messages in my log though.  I'd still like to see @sven provide an option like the OP suggested where SER randomly picks say 5 google and 2 yahoo search engines.  That would be randomly whenever SER starts a new search query, not just when SER starts up.
  • OzzOzz
    edited June 2013
    ?? it does use a random SE for each query. this was at least the case when i checked last time some days ago.
    if you like to use all Googles and Yahoos than spin them together and copy/rename the Google SE 5 times and the Yahoo SE two times. using all SEs isn't recommended imo as most micro countries give you no results for lots of footprints.
  • Ahh, I must have misunderstood then.  I didn't realize it grabbed a new Google for each query.  @ozz, how do you know which Google it randomly picked from the spintax?
  • whenever you get a message in the log that SER is search for something than just double click that line and it opens the search query URL in the browser.
  • ahh cool . . . thanks, didn't even realize you could double click on items in the log 
  • 'right click' is also possible to just copy URL for instance
  • what are the lines i need to copy on the dat file?

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    1. create a file called user_se.dat with a text editor
    2. copy/paste those lines 5 times into the file
    3. rename the line [google 1/RND: Country] ... [google 5/RND: Country] and save the file
    4. move the file to you %appdata%/GSA Search Engine Ranker folder
    5. restart SER and select the new created SEs in your project options
    6. done

@Ozz I've read the above a few times along with this whole thread. I clicked the link you had for "Those Lines", and just don't have a clue as to how to make this random spin file to select a random google and yahoo search engine.

Do you have an actual sample of what you mean?
  • OzzOzz
    edited July 2013
    This paste has been removed!
    Some interesting new pastes created by others

"those lines" was removed after a month ;)

i uploaded it again for a month. grab it while you can:
  • well, i wanted it that way that it only lasts a month ;)
  • edited July 2013
    I've tried doing this a few times and cannot get SER to see it. I have been just editing the se.dat file every time SER updates.

So, I know I have the search engines correct, because they work when I edit the file, but it's getting annoying having to do that every time SER updates.

I'm name the file "ser_se.dat"  and have saved it to both "C:\Program Files (x86)\GSA Search Engine Ranker" and "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker".

Neither seem to work.

What am I doing wrong?

You name the file user_se

And then put it in C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker folder

Restart ser and then you will see the extra search engine choices

• Geesh. How did I miss that? Thanks LeeG
  • Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    Works great thanks
  • absolutely awesome share :D <beeeeer> :D
  • Thanks for this great share

I have now put this line 17 times and going for spesific countries, to weed out the low
    results ones.

Thanks

I assume this will make sure that proxy's dont get banned so fast right ?
  • edited July 2013
    I think that the biggest countries (more results) are already prepared in this file. I am using one random google (and other random search engines) per project and it gets banned often though :( 
  • Hi Ragnar, how many search engines did you choose, i have chosen 17 different google countries and it selects it randomly each time. Perhaps you need to get more, if your threads are alot and you cycle betwen the search engines to fast, that might trigger the ban ?

• Just got of with my proxy provider and they tell me what none of my proxy's are blocked. They have tested it on
    google and other enginges. But GSA SER  shows in the logg that these might be blocked by xxx and xx and so one. The strang thing is that if i now add the private proxy's in again and test it against google, they pass just fine.

Its when i start the projects then the log tells me that they are pretty much banned by google and many other services.

Looks like google or other services has GSA SER figured out and its lot letting it true ??

Thank you for sending us a screenshot, while we check you proxy list with scrapebox it doesn't display as they are blocked by Google + we can access Google search using the proxies + other websites in the screenshot it display as blocked for example, ecosia.org, msn.com, clip-share.com these sites can be accessed using the proxies, if you need proofs you can check proxies with a web browser like Chrome or Firefox and try to access those websites, how ever we don't have a copy of GSA to check and it may be a technical fault of GSA.

This has been one strange day and just becomes stranger and stranger.
  • I have 50 random googles (as one search eninge), 50 random bings (as one), some yahoo (as one) and some ask (as one) and many others that are international. At all I have 17 engines selected by project. Today i put everything to log so I will see tomorrow how it goes.

with proxies it is always the same problem - no software can be a judge in this case - you have to test them by yourself with firefox plugin and then you will see which are banned (captcha prompt) and totally banned (google says fuck you :P)

bnaimy that sounds like the excuse buyproxies use

I know the owner of Proxy Hub owns ser

• edited July 2013
    @LeeG

That was my thought as well,but just tried what they told me in firefox, used the same blocked proxy's and it works just fine with no issues at all.

And i can access all of the same sites that in the log says  " IP is banned, so there gotta be some truth to what the guy at support is telling me i guess. Anyways, ill try to just use google and see what GSA SER says then

Update: Running it on only Google search engines, and works OK now.