Skip to content

Netscan Detected

Comments

• @audioguy, i used proxies but in the initial configuration of SER i had to sometimes untick them to see if they are making trouble. i also have them unchecked for fetching emails, because they obviously cant handle SSL.

Best Regards
  • Apologies but have a question for solidseovps.

@solidseovps How many clients do you host on a server? And the speedtest result speed is guaranteed around somewhere at least 450 MBPS+? Also, do you share the same hardware like few other vps hosting sites (for example one provider had problems recently where users complained that their licenses for scrapebox were either stolen or shared, which was cleared out later though due to being shared on the same hardware).

So would we have any license problem or a chance for other users to see or obtain our software licenses allegedly or such?

Thank you.
  • edited July 2013
    Pratik and other users who want to know about solidseovps i am regular user of solidseo and using 3 vps currently. speed, hardware, support everything is great. 3 month ago i am using berman but i realized that solidseo is best than other ( my personal experience) .currently my SER running 300 LPM on 2gb ram without any problem.

Note: i am not promoting here. this is just what i have experienced.
  • @baba

Thanks a lot. May I know what your LPM was on Berman? As it greatly depends on CPU, internet speed, etc.

On poweruphosting, I'm getting around 20 MBPS download speed and my LPM lies around 28.

Also what's your CPU config? In short, what plan you have on SolidSEOVPS?

Thank you!
  • SolidSEO sounds good.

I'm looking for a new provider since in my experience Bermanhosting is a real desaster when it comes to support.

Best Regards
  • Pratik

my LPM on berman was 40 to 70.
    but now running 250 to 300 LPM on solidseovps.
    i am using "Geek" plan on solidseovps ( https://www.solidseovps.com/vpshostingplans.php)
    and workds great for me. and i am happy
  • @baba, with your Solid SEO VPS, how many projects and how many threads?
  • Bluejacket, 40 projects with 250 threads.
  • @Ron all well said and sorry for taking this thread so off topic.  Yeah, i tend to write long and I could see how not having other posts gives me no credibility.  I know what I wrote was honest, but totally get your point that it shouldn't have been my first post here.  Clearly, my first post should have been to ask you for the millionth time...So, how many posts a day to your Tier 1 is best? :)

If you want to discount the stuff about my VPS that is fine, but please understand that the major point of the post was to thank you guys for all the great info and sharing.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Does anyone know how to grade a VPS provider?

It seems that you can't rely on specs they provide since you will never know how many share the connection or specs.

For example even if you have a 1GB port, when you view network traffic, what % are you generally using?

Can someone list 5 tests that a user an do to check the VPS to see if it's decent.
  • webhostingtalk provide a benchmarking test but only for LINUX systems.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I spent quite a bit of time on that forum but basically discovered there is no way to grade a Windows VPS. I got some pretty decent responses from various people in that industry. 

There are too many factors. Basically, it's a you need to try it and see and keep tabs on your VPS as after time things change. They load more users, bandwidth usage, etc. 

So even if they state certain specs, these are often shared and it depends on your sharing partners, which nobody can monitor. 

Was just wondering since many people on this forum are saying this is a good/bad VPS, what they base it on?
  • Most people in forum forum examine responsiveness, speed (CPU) and bandwidth. You can use Windows benchmarking software, but the most reliable way to measure quality for us is to use them ourselves.

Two people may use the same VPS, run only SER, but get different results based on the many factors here. But you'll know if you use the same settings, if they differ a lot, then at least it will lead you a step further to conclusion.

Even things such as the location of proxies and VPS may make a difference. A VPS may be faster, but if it takes twice as long to connect to proxies, then it will hurt performance more than slower VPS, I presume.

So I don't believe the "best VPS" really matters that much. As long as a VPS is speedy enough, I'll just tweak and perhaps test out other VPSes when I have time. This is not to say that performance doesn't matter. I've used a few cheap VPS and they lag like mad. At other times, I tested VPSes that many SEO tool users rave about, and I doubled the submitted links overnight just by importing the projects.

I posted a thread a while ago about scalability of SER. I came from that standpoint. I wanted to get the most out of it, but now I take a different approach.

Just pick a "good-enough" VPS. It will churn out good amount of links. Then scale to more VPSes as projects grow. SER is rarely a problem at all, since a license is so cheap.

From business perspective, the time to test and find good VPSes is an opportunity cost. Even if you know the CPU series they use, how much memory and the types, bandwidth provider, etc., they don't speak much about performance. It depends on the company's policy. Some share among 15 users, some cram as many as 40 or 50 users per high-end server, perhaps more (I know some Linux VPSes do this and their performance is still ok.)

It also depends on your neighbors. If you are "lucky" to get a host where your neighbors just use it occasionally, perhaps for a new website, then you will have enough resources to use as long as the company allows you to use them while idle. Even if you use the same provider, chances are each machine is going to be different.

So good enough is enough in my opinion, so it's always better to focus on the business instead of on the technical side.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @audioguy - well said! That's exactly how I feel after my research. What was interesting was quite a few guys mentioned that it's more economical to get a few VPS's than a dedi,  provided you are not with an oversold provider. :-)
  • True, but only if you know your VPS provider. If they share 1 Gbps among some hosts, and you are placed in different VPSes, then practically you get redundancy there instead of one allocated bandwidth per dedi. And if one of your VPS has hardware failure issues, only one will be affected.

But if you get guaranteed 100Mbps per dedi, that is different though because you are free to use them to the max without worrying about others. So that really depends on the configuration and policy.

Some virtualization software won't allow overselling. Others allow it. That's why you see VPSes with OpenVZ is usually cheaper than, say, Xen.

Looking at the specs, feature table, etc. in this case may not help, unless you know the infrastructure and policy of the provider. Without such understanding, it is imperative that you test a VPS before you know the real performance.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @audioguy - you mentioned about the port/network. It says I have a 1GB port but when I check my network stats, on both VPS providers (2 different ones), they are both only using about 1 to 3% of it.

They both fly along, it's my SER settings that seem to hold them back, as its often not at full threads. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What network % do you end up using on average on your VPS?
  • Just because you're connected through 1Gbps switch doesn't mean they allow full 1Gbps to and from the internet. Those are two different things. My home network is connected through gigabit ports so file transfer is a breeze but I can't afford 1 Gbps internet connection.

Plus, what I mean is, the speed is shared by a few hosts, which in turn have a few dozens virtual hosts.

Some companies will happily relocate "busy" virtual host to another server where the resource utilization is lower while others will boot you out once and for all, or ask you to upgrade to more costly package.

So although buying multiple VPSes has its own benefits, it has its own drawback compared to dedi. And which is better can't be generalized.
  • Honestly, I don't think its possible to max out a 1Gbps with any SEO tools. CPU and memory will max out before anything.
  • I don't know how your statement is relevant to the above discussion about VPS, but no. Most modern CPUs, especially high-end and powerful server CPUs, can handle it alright.

If you use cheap NIC, they will eat some CPU resources. If your server uses good quality NIC, then the load is easily handled by any host, even a good VPS.

• Long story short ... 100Mbps is fine unless your able to run 100,000 LPM ;)
  • @sweeppicker

1) That was exactly what I said above, if you take the time to read :) But remember people are not using VPS for SER only. Many people run other programs as well.

2) 100k LPM. Is that an estimation or basedon duplication of your result? If the latter, what is your base number used to come out with this?
  • 2) It's a tounge and cheerk response. Don't take my answer too literally ;) I don't know what the real number is but it must be awfully high! I push no more than 20Mbs down but I do use some filters and I know some people are pushing much higher LPMs.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @audioguy - if you have a VPS from 2 different providers, how would you go about comparing them?
  • Load proxies with good response time and speed from both locations, then test running SER. Everything else doesn't matter that much unless you have other purposes as well. Check every so often as the provider may add more users to your server, especially if it is new.

If those proxies are from 2 different providers (some have limited sources of IPs from Europe or US, for instance), then you need to test effectiveness for each of them. And if you have preferences or must stick to one proxy provider, then it's much easier. Just test. The winner (in terms of up time, LPM, verified, or whatever parameter you prefer or combination of them) will reveal itself after 3-7 days.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but what do you expect?
  • Had a similar situation today using Gscraper with SolidSEO haha. @Sweeppicker any ideas or how I prevent it from happening again? Would some nice VPN like hide.io which @Startrip pointed can help me save my ass too?

I can't run it from my home because of shit internet connection (oh the benefits of living in India) so I'd need to do some adjustments on VPS itself only.

@Startrip How has your experience with hide.io have been? Still using it? Had any similar issues after using them like your ISP or VPS provider calling out?

Cheers.
  • @sweeppicker Can you guide me on how would I tackle this thing? I bough hide.io VPN but it actually disconnects my session to VPS as soon as it activates.

Thank you.
  • I use Gscraper on my laptop. I had some problems with SolidSEO when I used GScraper.  Make sure your using private proxies or the Gscraper subscription proxies.
  • @sweeppicker I am using Gscraper's proxy subscription only lol and it still caused troubles.
  • @Pratik Private proxies with SolidSEO. I confirmed this.