There is a memory leak at new version

13»

Comments

• edited May 2013
    it took me several minutes to connect vps because of maximum ram usage
    i am getting this problem with only single project
    but project backup is about 500 mb so it is a big project

actually GSA uses 3.2 gb ram when you include virtual page memory too

• It happened to me for the first time today. I was building links at 250 threads since 1 week, only one project, 120 K verified, and this memory error message happened. Now i am at 80 thread and CPU is at maximum most of the time.
  • it has been about 2 hours and ram usage is still normal - around 200 mb

it seems like there is a certain point where leak starts
  • I did think that you could lower the settings to avoid it, but really it just delays it rather than stopping it completely. I now have to check my VPS 3 times a day to make sure they are still running, and even then I try and restart it every night but I still get it happening quite often

Upgraded to 5.77 too and that hasn't made it stop
  • What is going on? I went from 400 verified per night, to 31! I am glad I checked this forum, cause I was going crazy thinking my computer was crashing, or that the vps was acting up. At least its not just me.
  • edited May 2013
    once again maximum memory
    in 2 hours it is normal
    but it has been like 6 7 hours and now maximum ram so it is not working

• @Triplex thanks for providing the link to older version. Crossing my fingers, but it looks like it is moving much faster and actually doing its thing.
  • I too have hit this issue. The only thing that has changed that I can see is that the size of the STATIC file grows enormously without explanation. Further investigation ( view file and turn off wordwrap!) shows that some login line records are enormous and contain thousands of repeated texts - it is as if  an existing login  is adding itself to itself on a loop or whenever the root domain is repeatedly posted to <-- just guessing. I hope this helps with identifying and fixing the issue.
  • After the latest update it happens even more often. Had to lower threads to 150, projects to 5 and 10 min rotation :(
  • Why don't you guys send Sven your projects so he can actually fix it instead of repeatedly complaining? He's asked for it numerous times, but it seems like none of those that experience it actually are willing to send their stuff to him.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    How do we send our projects to him @claus10? If someone can provide instructions then I will.

Personally I think Sven should allow this option to be disabled temporarily until it's fixed.  :)
  • @spunko2010 You can put in a dropbox and mail him the link, or you can take his advice from here:
    https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3772/i-have-memory-leak-after-30-minutes-how-can-i-show-you/p1

@Sven said: "right click -> modify->backup than upload on e.g. rghost.net and send me the link in pm."
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    OK will this send all the projects? I am not really sure which is causing such an issue, and have about 15 projects each with 2-3 tiers
  • edited May 2013
    i dont think so he can find with debug
    for several hours my project runs perfectly
    after some point which i dont know yet it starts using maximum ram

we need temporary fix since for a week right now we can not use software properly

anyway i will code my self hardcore killer and starter with command line per 3 hours software
  • v.5.79 seems to working great for me now, with no memory issues to report thus far
  • Yeah, interestingly, after the last update haven't got those memory error messages yet. Turned everything back to normal and it seems holding fine  :-/
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes I also think this must have fixed it...was a really stupid bug though but hard to find.
  • nope still continue
    i created a new project via duplicating old one
    deleted all accounts target url history etc

it worked perfect like 12 hours with 42 lpm single project
    later i saw that maximum ram usage returned
    version 5.80
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    And how many projects/threads? I really don't think this "leak" exists any more.
  • edited May 2013
    1 project / 80 threads - no tiering etc

i am pretty sure others will also report :)

and my os is windows server 2012 if that makes any difference
  • latest update did the job for me
  • Same, It fixed all the issues I was having as well. :)
  • Running for 24 hours with no memory error. (V5.80)
  • Sorry, Sure enough, As soon as I said mines running fine I get the Memory Errors V5.80.