Skip to content

There is a memory leak at new version

i had never memory issue until recent update 5.71

now it uses all of my memory and i saw that there is an error abot memory

i did not change anything at the project

Comments

• I am also having this problem. I start GSA and my projects start to run taking me up to 700-800 mb on the memory indicator and it stays there for a while. After several hours it ends up hitting 2mb limit and I get the error message.

(Sven, this is why I asked the question yesterday about a global keyword list as I thought loading that 100k list into every project was killing the memory?)

I think something has changed as I never received this error before the last few days.Running 5.72 right now.
  • Yeah I am getting the same problem on both my versions (5.72 and 5.73). I actually dropped the settings on the VPS so its only 100 threads and 5 projects but its still giving the same error
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I need a project backup where this happens.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

I found how to bring this on.

Been hit by it myself over night

Tick the box "continually try and post to a site even if failed before" or similar wording

• I recently added the 100k keyword list to some of my projects and that worked for a few days until I updated SER to 5.72. Then this error kept appearing. I updated to 5.73 and no change. Yesterday, I removed these huge lists and updated those projects with smaller keyword lists and it seems to be a lot smoother.

SER has been running for around 12 hours without the error so far.

Perhaps my case was different?

LeeG - do you have massive keyword lists in your projects?
    edited April 2013

Been running big keyword lists for months

The only change I have made in the last week on ser was last night and it was the above mentioned change

Problem is, you get the memory low warning pop up box

And when that hits, you play the game of try and hit the stop button between it popping up.

That box needs an optional stop button on it

Worth chancing though for the increase in verified and LpM

• edited April 2013
    i never did any change
    this started after recent updates

right now software uses max ram and then after a while gives error out of memory

this is definitely update problem

- ram usage starts about 300 mb gradually increases to 1.2 gb then consumes all of the ram - vps has 1.5 gb ram
  • also thread count is very low compared the before
    i am not using any search engines - using import target urls
    so it is not related to any proxy connection etc

can you please upload 5.70 ? so we can download it again
  • Yeah it would be useful if someone could upload 5.70 as a temporary solution
  • I got the out of memory on 5.73 today for the first time.  Been running 250 threads with 29 live projects for weeks and it always runs at 1gb memory, but then at some point today it the 2gb limit
  • what other software is running? GSA Indexer, CS or CB?
  • CB and GSA Indexer with 10 threads and only a couple of projects sending links to index.

SER is showing 1Gb, but Resource Monitor is showing 1.52Gb
  • seagul only SER and CB
    definitely new problem since i did not make any changes and only 1 active project for weeks
  • It's creeping up slowly now at 1.54gb
  • I've had this the last 2 weeks occasionally with SER, CS + Indexer that's why I ask. I shut off Indexer 4 days ago and I'm still getting memory probs every 48hrs or so on Win 7. It's not a huge problem for me I just reboot but wanted to say that I have it too so it is an issue. I was suspecting CS but if some of you guys are running CB it can't be that.
  • Popped out to "freshen up my drink" and when I get back, Out Of Memory!

Closed popup and SER is still running.

SER showing 2Gb mem, Res Mon showing 2.25Gb

• After removing the large keyword list (as mentioned above) SER ran for around 20 hours but now the message is back.

I also noticed this time SER says it is using 1gig but task manager is showing 2.

Sven, I have not reset anything, would it help if I PM'd you my server details and you can go in and look with the error message in place?
    @Velocity that would not help much. I need something that is reproduceable when running it here in my debugger.
  • Any chance we could get a copy of 5.70 made available for the mean time? This issue is causing serious problems on both my instances, neither can run for more than an hour without intervention so I haven't got much done over the last few days
    Well again, if noone feels like providing a project backup where this appears, I can't help.

Can you add a new button to the out of memory pop up box please Sven

Add a "stop" button

That way when it pops up, we have the option on it to stop everything

The way it is at present, you hit the "ok" and don't get a chance to hit the stop button, when the next pop up hits

• I dunno what version this is, but i think its before 5.70 feel free to download it till further updates

http://www.mediafire.com/?7zbmgeiz2750g9e
    @LeeG next version has this.

Cheers Sven.

It was like `playing a quick reactions game

How quick can you click the stop button :D

Im sure you could make good money releasing it as a game for the morons that surf the internet on mobile phones :D

• I am happy to provide project backup (note:I did change things so this error takes 15 hours or so to appear).

I would need to backup all projects and then how should I send it to you? It is quite big!
  • Will upload it to dropbox and PM you the link.
  • Link sent via PM. Let's hope Sven finds something!
    ahmm 15 hours to get this is not really helpful sorry.
  • No problem, lets hope someone else can share.