Skip to content

There is a memory leak at new version

Comments

• i have been using GSA for a very long time and have now been recently getting memory usage errors. i notice the usage skyrockets to 1gig in less than an hour. the software is not working properly for me anymore. i never changed my setup in any way at all.
  • "in" before Sven ask you to send him a project backup.
  • Hi Sven

I have just had the out of memory error and I stopped all projects. I have backed them up, do you still want a copy to be able to find the error?

Thanks
    Gareth
  • Can also confirm this memory leak. Thought it was my new vps turns out its not.
  • edited April 2013
    wow i see that this time vps crashed and restarted :(
    windows server 2012 with 2 gb ram

it also takes time here. several hours to happen.
    actually it is supposed to be happen in several hours. that is what memory leak is.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    edited April 2013

30 minutes from starting to 3gig and out of memory pop up

That's running version 5.75

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @LeeG care to send me your project/settings? 3GB in 30min seems like a good start to debug this. Better than this 15hour project.

If its a full back up you need Sven that could take all night for me to create, pull down and then add to my drop box.

Internet where I live aint the fastest on the planet

I have gone back to running 5.69 at the moment

If its screen shots etc, I can soon grab those

Well than better not. I got the memory issue myself now but after a looong time running. Hard to debug as well :(
  • Same here.  Updated to 5.75 at about 7pm UK yesterday and it's just happened now.
    Same details as before - 29 projects, 20 proxies, but had it reduced from 250 to 200 threads.

• Same here Updated to 5.75, 3 projects, 10 proxies, 100 threads.
    anything i can help any file u need to check? 

Look on the bright side Sven.

At least you added the stop button, so your not playing the added speed reaction test

Glad you are working on finding the cure

The present releases have been flying at warp factor ten

Im converted from 5.22 at present. No I shall go sit in the corner gibbering like an idiot

Just run 5.76 within two minutes of checking links, it hit 2 gig

That's running ten projects on a thirty minute rotation

• Is v5.76 stable? I'm just updating now. Had no problem with v5.75
  • My VPS is sitting at 46lpm right now with a big "Out of Memory" warning. Seeing as this LPM is pretty good for me right now I want to let it keep building links.

Anyone think this will be a problem?

(Not sure if this error will screw stuff up or anything)

Keep an eye on the memory being used, if it hit 2 gig quickly, at a guess 3 gig doom and groan level wont be far behind

At worst, all threads will stop and you will be doing about 2 LpM

• Hopefully it can run for a while still before the "Doom Level"!!

I hope Sven can find the problem. Sounds like it's not too easy!

You got to admit that the guy who asked for the new stop button deserves a heros medal though

When that pop up shows, hit the stop button

Who ever that was, is a top geezer

Let me know if I can help in any way Sven, grabbing my files is an over night job though

• I'm running v5.76 and memory only at around 122 MB, CPU 5-10%. I'm running Windows XP Pro SP3
    @LeeG if you can, please provide the setup that got you into this 2gb memory so quick. I can not get any memory issue at all right now :(
  • @LeeG Sorry, forgot to pile on the credit for that one, that really does help. Trying to click two buttons at once is never easy!

@Glennf Too scared to update right now, just leave it while its running.
  • maximum memory once again
    after 1 day
    definitely a leak in memory management

Been hit again, Im still downloading my back ups for Sven

So all is not lost there

• updated 5.77
    lets see how will it go this time

• 5.77 didn't fix the problem.

I see the memory error only when I run projects that have already a lot of verified links. When I run new projects, no problem.
  • Connected to my server 1st thing this AM and I also had the out of memory problem, although it was still posting at 200 threads and 2.6Gb and had still managed to do just short of 60k links since midnight.

Also 5.77
  • Im running at 20 threads and 3 projects, still getting this memory leak problem. :/
  • edited May 2013
    once again memory usage is maximum
    version 5.77

it has been about 12 hours
  • Got the same issue. I was running scheduler with 10 projects and 15 min rotation. After receiving the second memory usage message, turned down to 8 projects and 15 min rotation. Since then didn't have any issue yet but I can tell that CPU and memory are on edge most of the time. 
  • Tried reducing to 20 projects on scheduler with 30 min rotation and it Out of memory'd at about 5pm UK. 

Reduced that to 15 projects with 30 mins and so far memory hasn't gotten much above 1gb.