Skip to content

Tell us when to update!

edited September 2012 in Need Help
A nice feature would be for GSA to tell us when an update is available even when the software is running. (popup or something)
We could then chose whether to stop projects and upgrade or not.

Would save fanatics like me from checking the forum every 10 minutes ;)

Comments

• You can click the 'check for updates' button? I would not be keen on a popup

Similar request so i will add here: Could the 'check for updates' function return whats included in an update? Or else have the update log published online somewhere so i can see if an update is relevent to my needs?

Also, is there any danger of dataloss with large version changes, say 3.95 to present?
  • i update the update-thread again :)
    i thought that nobody cares enough so i stopped posting updates. this should nobody stop to post any new change log though.

2nd place is the 1st loser :)
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited September 2012
    I always thought it would be cool to have a "green light" or a "red light" right there on the main UI. Green light would tell us if there's an update available and a red light would mean no update. It's probably not necessary but it would be cool. :P
  • Nice idea but I would make it: Green = no updates available. Cause green usually means "everything is ok".
  • ... as I said, an indicator toolbar with this and some other "lights" ;) this would be so useful to don't have always the feeling to be forced to check if everything is right ;)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    new version will have a notice about updates in statusbar
  • I always wanted to see the version history BEFORE updating.... so I could see if it was worthwhile to stop or wait another day or two
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    no version history for now sorry. You should always update anyway ;)