Skip to content

Avoiding Proxy Ban

edited February 2013 in Need Help
Hello, I got my 10 shared buyproxies.org proxies banned today... so I just ordered 10 dedicated proxies at proxy-hub.com since I read they are doing much better for GSA.  

I want to avoid the ban again,  what settings are you "never banned" guys using? 

1) HTML Timeout: ??
2) Wait between searches:  ??
3) Use proxies for: ??
4) Use proxies for PR check: ??
5) Number of Search Engines: ??

My "ban" settings were: 
1) 100
2) Uchecked
3) Everything
4) Checked
5) 156

Im thinking in the following settings for my new proxies: 
1) 120
2) 30 seconds
3) Everything
4) Not to check PR
5) Only major Search Engines.

What do you use/suggest? 

Thanks

Comments

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited February 2013
    If they are shared, how do you know you were responsible for the ban?

I use 10 shared from Proxy Hub, with these settings for over a month, not been banned yet:

HTML timeout 100
    Wait time 9s
    Search engines - about 15

I don't use PR checking with proxies
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

I use proxies for pr checking, god help you if your sharing the same proxies :D

Not had an ip checking ban

• Considered moving to dedicated proxies ... Is it noticeably quicker?
  • i'vebeen having major problems with my buy proxies in the last 2 weeks i think that's been the source ofmy problems. there is no easy way to tell if a proxy has been banned except for searching my logs and seeing 000/000 constantly appearing.

i was running at 60 lpm this morning and this afternoon went to 4lpm.  lots of proxy bans.  i'm running 40 shared proxies using buy proxies just curious for everyone who has had low LPM issues recently were they all using buy proxies?
  • OzzOzz
    edited February 2013
    another short term solution is to use Bing SEs instead. its not as fast as google but you shouldn't be banned on it (at least in the beginning). its worth a try imo and maybe you can recover some of your LpM.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Yahoo can return a good search yield as well

Similar amount of results to google

• Ozz This is exactly what I was thinking and posted about in another thread on proxies. Anyway my proxies are getting flagged in google not banned. So if I use a proxy(private) that I have been running for a few days in GSA SER with Google as the search engine and then try and use one of those same proxies in my browser on Google I need to fill out a recaptcha. So the answer is to switch search ingines to Bing and or Yahoo? By the way I am using 25 private proxies.
  • Is there an easier way of converting the project search engine settings without having to manually edit each one?
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    I set my search time to about 10 seconds, I use 50 private proxies with SER.  I'm also using them running SB.
  • edited March 2013
    I guess your proxy is not reliable, and your real IP is still visible.
  • Thought I would bump this. Just had 28 private proxies banned overnight.  I was being pretty aggressive though:

Threads: 300
    HTML timeout: 30
    Wait between SE queries: 5 seconds
    Google and Yahoo US
    PR checking Public, Verification Pub/Priv, everything else Private

And now I'm having the same problem Ranknow is having: Google wants me to fill in a recaptcha every time I do a search.  So does that mean my true IP is exposed?  I have public proxies turned on as a backup in case my privates failed.  Thinking I need new to find a new proxy provider?....