Skip to content

Reason for not wanting to release a 64bit version of GSA SER

2»

Comments

• shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    Wernt you saying SER sucked and Turbo Web submitter was the way forward the other day?
  • They are 2 completely different softwares, i also use Turbo submitter and its a good program but gsa is another story, but lately i am having big issues with "out of memory error", i have 30 camps running and 60 threads and when i want to import new kws or articles it just gives that painful error and everything freezes becuase its starts to consume 3.6gb of ram, i have multiple licenses of gsa but the problem is that you always have to bascally have everything duplicated on each vps, its just time consuming, take for example scrapebox, i use 8 64bit istances on my 64gb ssd box, scrape million of urls per instance, never had a hicup, but when i import those links to gsa...oh my i wanna puke
  • I just think there should be an option, just like scrapebox, both versions avaialble. So people can decide which better fits the needs.

But thats my 2 cents
  • DoonDoon Netherlands
    @shaun, You should read the comment, I said Serengines sucked, and TurboWeb2.0 is defnitly the way to go.
    Nothing beats GSA SER... Hands down the best software out there.
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    @triplex I'm not a coder but I'm sure I have seen people ask in other threads and Sven said it would need a total recode to do it.

@doon fair one I never read it fully but SERE is in beta, it's meant to have problems.
  • I am not saying that he has to do it, i just said it would be a nice option if it was possible, if not i can stick with the 32bit version. No issue
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    hmm, I think Sven once said, ages ago, that he builds custom software for clients, if you really want a 64bit version, I'm sure if you ask Sven, privately, discuss a price for the work, He'll happily build you one but this would be the same if you went to any software developer so I'd expect the price of the project not to be cheap.
  • I do not think it's worth the costs @Tim89, but that's how most coders work indeed.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @12348766754 indeed
  • I know a long time ago,  I offered quite a bit of money for a 64bit version.  But it was quickly shot down. :(