Skip to content

Contents for GSA

edited October 2012 in Need Help
My main keyword is "product name review". I tried main keyword in Konent Machine, I am not getting any contents. Message is "Not Enough Content”. My  website is related product reviews. If I will put "product name" or "product name review" as my main keyword how can I get contents? If I am not getting contents form Konent Machine which keywords I can use instead of my main keywords? Please help me to clear this issue.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Kontent Machine isn't a GSA product. You would probably need to speak to them to know which settings would be best.

Try to go with more broad keywords maybe would be your best bet.
  • Hi

Thank you for your reply. Actually I stuck in GSA now. I set everything except contents. Which software is better to create contents? I need your advice, I should create contents exact main keyword or broad keyword for GSA?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    That is completely up to you. You can create content with Kontent Machine, The Best Spinner, Article Builder, etc. There's a lot of different programs for content creation/spinning or you can write and spin your own content.

I was just suggesting to use a broad keyword in kontent machine to scrape more results. You do want your content to be as closely related to your keywords as possible if you can help it.
  • I've tried Kontent Machine, Wicked Article Creator and Auto Content Writer in the past few weeks. I think all are great programs. Yes, KM sometimes doesn't give content if there isn't enough for the keyword - you need to input a more general keyword. I know the developer is working on this area to get content even though there isn't much - rather than reject that keyword (not output any content completely).

You can check WAC and ACW. Both are good too. WAC has a GSA template. ACW's developer is working on it.

All three software are buggy in some ways, but they are all great.
  • @jonathanjon -- so which one would you recommend as far as quality of output with least amount of effort, while also considering the DEPTH of spinning, speaking NESTED spinning for ultimate uniqueness across hundreds, if not thousands of sites?

As far as I am concerned, I could care less about the lack of content issue (LOW PRIORITY) -- because if there isn't enough content on the topic, product or service, it's probably not worth ranking for unless it's an upcoming launch product -- at which point -- you'll need to write unique content anyways.

My main concern and highest priority are (1) content quality as imported with spintax applied via The Best Spinner applying the least amount of effort; and (2) the depth of spinning (highly nested preferably) so as to produce hundreds if not thousands of highly unique copies.  From what I can tell, KM does a good job of that -- as watching it from two demo videos that I reviewed.

@shee1510 -- I would just type in the "product name" without review because if no one has written a review published anywhere on the net -- the software can't gonna get much in return.  Lastly, if that fails and you are just trying to get a money site ranked -- you can find a GENERIC article that's related to the TOPIC of the product, use that, and seed appropriate anchor text pointing to a tier 1 or tier 2 line of sites.
  • I've switched back to kontent machine. Way too many issues with WAC
  • LOL!!!! 

I pulled the trigger on WAC -- oh well -- it's just a one-time fee and it'll come along I gather.

I'm also on the KM trial right now -- so that's already in motion.

I don't think I want to have to WAIT for the summary and other stuff that KM produces -- so I'll just go with KM for now.

Thx!
  • I'm sure WAC will get better but for right now there are too many bugs with WAC for GSA.

1. foreign article lengths are too long
    2. very few keywords get imported if any
    3. importing categories are hit or miss
    4. it's pulling in link codes for nuke instead of GSA therefore leaving %LINK% in your articles after they are posted

after switching back to KM, I've been checking the verified links and they are spot on
  • edited October 2012
    Don't forget AutoContentWriter, only one off fee $47 with GSA47 coupon...and 30 day no quibble refund guarantee...

PM if you need a sample article.

• @collywobbles, check your PM on SEOS
  • @stanger - you said:

"4. it's pulling in link codes for nuke instead of GSA therefore leaving %LINK% in your articles after they are posted

after switching back to KM, I've been checking the verified links and they are spot on"

Okay -- so when you say "pulling in link codes for nuke instead of GSA" - WHAT merge code should it pull in for your articles?  And are we talking about the BODY of the articles or the resource box?

Other software -- I have no doubt what field is what -- like BIO box, body, etc.  It still seems to be a little willy nilly until I actually test this out with GSA - as to what the "About me" is -- whether that's the bio box in GSA.

@collywobbles - and if you would like to pipe in about your experience with GSA for article promotion -- please go right ahead -- since you've created WAC for your use of GSA.  ;-)

And while I appreciate the testimonial images of happy WAC folk, I have already purchased through the SICK47 coupon which still apparently works.   ;-)  "fullspeed" is my username in your version 4 of aMember (my favorite member manager for the last almost 6 years).  Curious as to why you are not using the Helpdesk module that comes with v4 of aMember.

I'll gladly keep it for the one off fee -- unless, that is, you are intending on charging an upgrade fee for the next MAJOR version release.  :-D

As you may be able to tell - that's from PREVIOUS experience when I bought something from a software developer whose sales material said "ONE TIME FEE" -- which was really false advertising as he charged an upgrade fee for each major version release which is basically every single year.

As a software developer myself -- I would rather just tell the consumer it's a yearly subscription because I got such an awful distaste from that purchase that I will NEVER purchase another product from that software developer again.  That's the difference between creating a one-off customer or a lifetime customer.

So ultimately -- I need to know @stanger -- what is the GSA SER code that WAC should be putting in and where exactly should it be putting it in?

I've also got a trial for KM -- but haven't fired it up yet as I'm hand-crafting a first article that's aimed toward super high quality...
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    don't confuse WAC with ACW which is collywobbles software. as he is very active in this forum and a user of SER himself I'm sure he will add usefull things to his software by time.

and WAC isn't a one time payment. annual subscription costs $42/year
  • Oh geez -- my bad!  Shows my lack of sleep --

I actually did mix (a) lack of sleep + (b) WAC/ACW in the same pot given the same letters in the acronym.

Then I retract!

I did NOT pull the trigger on WAC -- I pulled the trigger on ACW.

But still -- @ozz -- what would be the CODE that WAC should have been pulling into the articles?

Or are we just talking that spun URLs with anchor text weren't being pulled in properly???

Just making sure I'm straight on this as I'm getting ready to setup a campaign...  thx!
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    i don't have any experience with WAC but as far as i understood it insert a wrong %link% macro into the articles instead of %url%
  • And just so I am clear -- we're talking into the BODY of where the contents of the article goes -- correct?

And the "About Yourself" data box in GSA SER campaign Settings > Data fields -- is that what some would consider the "Resource Box" area?
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Each engine/site is different. Sometimes the rescource box is %about_yourself%, sometimes it is just a spinned text which will be added to the %article% body. Just open some article/web20 engines with an editor an compare how %about_yourself% and %article% are defined and used within the fields.
  • Shall do -- I'm on it -- thx!
  • Ozz is right, it was inserting the wrong link macro into the article itself (body)
  • KM is great if there's enough content (the new version has but I haven't tried it out yet) and if you don't mind the monthly price.

WAC, I've found to have a lot of problems but I know they are working on it. One thing I don't like about WAC is they use their own spinner - I'd rather them allow access to TBS as it's spinning is better than what WAC gives.

ACW for the one time price is probably the best. But I'm still waiting for the GSA templates which should be out soon. Once it's out and it works well, I think I would rank it first. KM is still better slightly in terms of functions, but that doesn't justify the high monthly fees.
  • Stupid acronyms :) Yep, I'm the ACW guy. GSA template is getting close now. We just got categories/keywords working on Friday, so the template should follow soon...

As for the price, have no intentions of charging for any upgrades unless it is something totally huge that I haven't thought of yet. I'm a user too remember, so I keep it updated for selfish reasons. I hate monthly/yearly fees when I buy things hence the one time fee. I make no claims of original content, it's all scraped and mashed, so if that's fine for you then ACW should do a great job.
  • edited October 2012
    anyone facing any problem posting comments here? it happened couple of times..i wrote comment but when i post it ,,its blank

Anyway..Just saw that Kontent Machine has been updated and now u can use your own content along with scraped content..this is going to be really fun..I am going to do some site by site tests..I want to get human readable content which can pass copyscape..this way it willl increase your indexing rate without doing anything..I will let u know guys how this experiment goes.
  • @jonathanjon -- thanks for the input on content machines (in general)  :-D

I was thinking about this earlier as I was doing other mundane -- non-website related stuff like laundry -- and you can probably easily setup a Web 2.0 authority hub based on Kontent Machines -- promote it using GSA and whatever else you use with some highly qualified buyer keywords -- and probably recoup your monthly fee with two affiliate sales.  Offer ongoing bonuses and training videos to those who buy -- two monthly video trainings a month giving those who buy through you an incentive to offset your KM fees.  :-D  Just a thought is all -- especially since you're a user and probably know it pretty well -- it's really about leveraging your knowledge and well -- leveraging your use of GSA which wouldn't take MUCH TIME at all -- and like I say, just do it to offset your costs -- which, in the long run -- would be well worth it me thinks.  :-D

@collywobbles -- I'm anxious to give ACW try (not WAC) as well and put it through the rigors and possibly even two side by side comparisons with KM -- that I would then publish on a website (taking my own advice).  ;-)  I do like your selfish motives indeed -- but I think a stupidly easy to pallet yearly fee like $10 or even $19.97 which is a no-brainer will offset your development costs.  The point is to make it a complete no-brainer while still be able to support the development and coding costs well into the future, while also being able to feed your selfish needs.  I'm sorry -- it's just in my habit to think RECURRING REVENUES -- it's how I've been able to be a full-time business owner for 7 years.  ;-)

@senty4love -- looking forward to your test results.

Now off to finish that intense article and launch the campaign so I can take out my excitement on KM and ACW -- it's like getting new toys.  Can' t wait to tinker.  :-D  
  • edited October 2012
    fullspeed, yes that is totally possible! There really is a dearth of good detailed free reviews or even videos on showing how to use these programs. Something for me to think about in a few months time (and something I've thought about), but not now since I'm still trying to really see how all these programs work (through testing, etc.) for my own business. In fact, look at GSA. It's a good program and how it'd be good if someone does some good videos on it and they can easily earn some affiliate sales through providing good detailed videos on how GSA can be used.

Anyway, I'd be interested in your review on your website of the two programs. And I agree charging a bit of money would be good for collywobbles - I definitely wouldn't mind paying if it helps the development greatly. In the end, everyone benefits. However, I think KM's monthly fee is way too high though.

Senty and fullspeed, just to share how I use the programs so you can add to it and comment.

I used to pay an outsourcer under $10 to write a 500 words article then rewrite/spin every sentence between 1 to 3/4 times and then do word/phrase spinning. I thought that would have been a very good spin. And it's good and it reads well. But it costs a bit to do it for many sites.

Now, the way I do it above (all manual spinning) is good and it would most likely pass a human review if I get someone also to post it to Web 2.0s, etc. But the problem with that is that even though I've done between 1 and 4 sentence spinning and then word/phrase spinning, and even though it's more unique than just doing word/phrase spinning or even just one sentence spinning and then word/phrase spinning, it's still not hugely unique.

With ACW or KM, I can get about 30-100 sentence variations/spins/rewritings for each sentence! That's a huge piece of spin - I think using ACW sometimes I get a 200 page Word file! This is after running the article through an automatic word/phrase spinner. (Btw, KM now allows Spin Rewriter to do word/phrase spinning - something I was asking the developer constantly about - I like Spin Rewriter's High readability word/phrase spinning and prefer it to Best Spinner). So all in all, right now I'm getting a hugely spun article.

Of course this CANNOT be compared to the above method I mentioned (the one I paid my outsourcers to do) as the above method would produce a pretty readable article. But here's the thing, and feel free to correct me. Can google automatically detect this sort of spinning? I mean, if a human reviewer (either from Google or the Web 2.0 service) reads the article, it doesn't make sense coz it's many sentences spun together. So in that sense, it would fail a human review. I think because I use Spin Rewriter (or even TBS) and do auto spinning using the best readable setting, the sentences don't read that badly. But of course, there's no way it can be compared to manual spinning by a good outsourcer. But because of the sentence spinning, it probably can't pass a human review, but I don't think Google can automatically detect it's a spun article because it's very unique. Whereas, I do think my outsourcer's manual spinning, because it's less unique (by many many times as compared to KM/ACW's content - 1-4 rewrites for each sentence vs. 30-100! - could probably be detected by Google algorithmically, though will pass a manual review.

Anyway, here's what I'm finding. I'm finding that (as ACW's developer has shown - and if I"m not wrong he doesn't even use word/phrase spinning, just huge sentence spinning), my articles using ACW/KM are being indexed more easily because of the uniqueness. Yes, they are not exactly human readable the way I use the programs, but I'm not expecting a human review by Google, and I don't think Google can detect what I'm doing. Here's the thing, and I may be wrong but I think Google may be able to detect a bad word/phrase spinning (that's why I use high readability settings), but I don't think it can detect sentence spinning - i don't think it can see that there's no flow from this to that sentence which is what sentence spinning does (disrupts the flow).

All in all, it's much cheaper to just use the programs for my first tier. Yes, some web 2.0s may get taken down by the Web 2.0's human reviewers, but I can put a lot up because I don't have to worry about content.

Ok, so this is my thinking right now. I've love comments from you all. Cheers!
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks @jonathonjon! Yes you are correct we can produce massively sentence spun articles without any wordspinning (which is optional). The articles do seem to be indexed quickly going on feedback and from my own greentea test site.

As you say, human readability is less likely as we are jumbling sentences up. I initially tried to only jumble up sentences from the same rough area of an article (eg 1st para, 2nd para) but it made no difference. So big sentence mashing it was from then on. :)

Interesting thoughts though on manual spin + readable articles being possibly detectable due to the smaller spin level.
  • OzzOzz
    edited October 2012
    Nice discussion!

But I just want to hop in because WAC will change their subscription policy to a one time payment of $60 and will release a new version very soon with a fix for GSA (as it seems to me).
  • edited October 2012
    @jonathonjon and others

I have tried to do manual spinning .. I wrote 500 word
    article and then rewrite para 3-4 times and then sentence spinning 2-3
    times and then word spinning..this is really good spinning ..however I
    think you can max use 30-40 times this article ..after that all article
    starts looking similar..What I do now is if I am sure the site I am
    promoting is for longterm project ..I go for this manual spinning [and
    post only 30-50 web2s manually..this helps to stick your web2 longer..]

For
    other projects [which is majority of my sites] I am trying to get huge
    spun article which is human readable as well as can pass copyscape..for
    this I use KM..I dont use sentence spinning ..just para spinning ..KM
    can produce article with 20-30 para spinning...Then I use WordAI touring
    spinner [if I am posting to my manual build web2 sites] or regular
    wordAI if I am using GSA or UD..

KM generated content reads
    better [and I am playing with new feature where you can use your own
    content..hint hint I have access to article builder]...google loves
    these articles and my indexing rate is around 10-20% without building
    tier2..If I can increase this rate by using KM's new feature that would
    be great..so I dont have to blast 1000 sites ..just go and get couple of
    hundred sites and focus more on powering them up..
  • @senty4love - are you kidding me?  All that work in an article and use it only 30-40 times max?  That article should produce some SERIOUS unique copies.

Here's a 500+ word article that I wrote composed of over 5,600 words that make it up -- and I don't think the articles would look duped after 100,000 versions.  Here's just one-half of the first paragraph spun -- the remaining first paragraph covers 80% of the screen when you scroll down past the last line of the first page:

• edited October 2012
    @jonathanjon -- as you can see, I may have gone a little NUTS on the word spinning above.

As far as my thoughts -- it's honestly tough to really to say WHAT Google can tell without a massive TEST to measure the stickability and such.  I just don't have the resources or ability to track stuff at that granular of a level.

But here's what my gut tells me -- and that's usually pretty spot on for my own purposes when trying to approach "What would GoogleBOT do and think?"

So as I perch high atop a rock and strike my zen pose -- here's what speaks out to me:

At this point, I believe Google is pretty smart as far as detecting AUTO-SPUN content.  Anyone who does this might as well be given a loaded pistol to off themselves (not really -- but this is just committing suicide).

LSI -- or Latent Semantic Indexing was presumed to be what Google used to compare documents.  And I think it is well known that Google has a number of linguists under their employ.  Whether Google use this technique or another technique is categorically unknown.

But let's assume that they can compare your document to other authoritative documents on the topic.

Everyone who writes something has a different syntax.  And as far as I'm concerned, syntax is nearly like genetic code -- not necessarily as complex as DNA -- but similarly.  In essence, we all talk and write in unique ways unto itself.

So I believe that Google can take an authoritative article with whatever its analysis is on that and make some extrapolations like word count usages/ratios, then overlap that authoritative document with your own web page and draw some derivative conclusions about your own web page on that topic.

Auto-spun content is clear -- I believe they CAN detect this.  But I'm talking about taking auto-spun content that is from an existing web document in Google's index.  The question that remains a mystery is how good Google's detection system is if you write a unique freshly written article that is then auto-spun -- exactly what are they comparing that to -- and how exactly can it detect an auto-spun document that has a syntax completely different from any other document in its index?  I just don't think they can.

Could it be possible that Google CAN find that there IS a sentence in your paragraph which is similar to another sentence in your article -- and other various multiple sentences found in other documents that may fall into the AUTO-SPUN detection system that is part of the overall Google Algorithm with the Panda/Penguin high-quality content updates?  Highly possible -- but still uncertain as to this.

I think taking your second method which is KM or ACW and mashing sentences up with spin -- and then doing a HIGH VOLUME MANUAL word spin on it -- like my graphic above -- I think there is a VERY good chance Google is gonna have a HECK of a time detecting (a) quality (b) spun content of existing content in their index (c) poor readability.

The place where I believe POOR readability comes into play and that could be flagged for a human reviewer to go over would be where your BACKLINK PURPOSED article or web 2.0 page is getting traffic and there tends to be a very HIGH bounceback rate, which means there is a LOW visitor experience.  This could be a flag to pass it on to a human reviewer to see if the content is readable -- but this is the only way I believe they can detect it AT THIS TIME.   Things may change, but it is truly my belief that an individual's writing syntax is so varied that it is much like the human genetic code.

For instance -- if Google took this forum thread and compared it to anything else on the web -- it would be completely unique given the TRILLIONS of pages they have in their index.  And I think that gives us a true visual comparison of how everyone's syntax is.

So ultimately -- I believe that the paragraph/sentence structure may go undetected for NOW.

However -- and this is a BIG however.

I would -- as long term thinking -- only use method #1 of manual writing and then re-writting to produce unique versions of an article for Tier 1 link building as this Tier 1 stuff is content that is likely to get ranked (and receive traffic).  The more unique and higher quality the content truly is -- the greater weight the backlink will have pointing to your site.

Then -- think a year, two and three from now.  If you're in this from the long haul, do you really want to have to re-do/re-create your Tier 1 links to your money site/website when Google finally cracks the code on detecting paragraph/sentence structure that doesn't flow???  I don't think so!

For the KM/ACW content that is still highly spun at the word level, I would use that to build links on a Tier 2 level that empower and support and point to the Tier 1 verified links.  If the KM/ACW content triggers a quality control issue somewhere down the line -- you only sacrificed your Tier 2 links and still have your Tier 1 links in place (yippeeee!).  :-D

Furthermore -- if you are actually layering in some thought process into how you structure your content on Tier 1 should it rank and where the visitor ends up on your site (we're talking the flow of the process here) -- then Tier 1 counts WAY more than you know.

While I wear many hats that I can claim as specialties, my real lethal weapon is higher conversion rates and create a funnel that takes someone from content outside on Tier 1 type sites, onto a highly targeted web page on my site and then have the visitor take an action to click an affiliate link, click over to a sales page from the window page they landed on OR signup on an email list so I can keep contact with that visitor and continue to leverage that visitor as a future visitor over and over.

The fact is -- your Tier 1 stuff is going to rank somewhere -- and if your visitor experience is completely shit with unreadable gobble-dee-gook -- then you're wasting a great opportunity to gain trust from a visitor rather than a bounceback which could end up negatively affecting the ranking on the Tier 1 page that is a backlink. It could even DEVALUE the strength of that backlink as well.

Yes -- this thinking up above is ANOTHER step that one has to think out atop all this other SEO, Google worrying and rubbish we have to do, but I can guarantee and back this up with personal experience that carrying this out will pay off in GEOMETRIC MULTIPLES IN DIVIDENDS in the long run.

And the way I usually structure things is simple.

1)  Tier 1 article/content talks about tips, tricks, strategies or some sort of value that visitor can get -- maybe an idea or two -- and then I leave them hungry for more and tell them what they need to do to get fed more with some good value content (which is obviously at my site).  And that is what the RESOURCE box is good for -- to direct them over to the actual page where the experience continues.

2)  Interior rich and keyword focused content that COMPLIMENTS Tier 1 anchor text and even the actual context of the content -- and even continues the experience by adding to what those WELL-WRITTEN, unique and highly spun Tier 1 article may have said and then continue adding onto the value of what you left out. Once they get to the end of your highly keyword focused page, you then have their trust and they are either poised to signup for a newsletter to received additional tips and tricks of the trade for your niche topic, or you can go for a CALL TO ACTION and recommend a solution that addresses something related to a content which could be a review of a product or service or software or maybe even your own experience of a product that gave an awesome result or benefit by improving your life!

I touched on this process on this thread here:

• edited October 2012
    I said some other stuff here that could lend some further insight to what I wrote above...

• @senty4love - as far as I'm concerned (other than the last paragraph being somewhat similar) -- the spin on this article is pretty far and apart from each other -- wouldn't you say?image