Skip to content

verified vs. submitted problem

This just started for me and nothing changed on my end on how I setup my projects.

But, I'm getting tons of submitted but no verified. I started up 5 campaigns last night and as of this morning there are 20k-55k submitted for each one but no verified.

What could be the issue?

Comments

• edited June 2013
    This happens to me too. Today I have like 50000 submissions and only about 1000 verified, event though I have used the "verify all links" function. This has been the case for about a week.

I have no email problems for the verification.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited June 2013

I started a thread about it here:

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/4269/is-this-a-bug-really-low-verified-with-ser-v5-9x/p1

This is one of those things where it is very difficult to isolate the issue. It's not like @sven can jump in and say it is this or that because it really doesn't show anything in the logs. Also, not all users have the problem.

So it might be something some of us are doing, maybe one stupid little checkbox, that shouldn't be checked.

I think what we all should do is turn off all projects except for one, and then have that project verify by itself. Maybe we can figure it out that way.

• This really sucks, verification rates are at an all time low. Time to scrape a bigger list! 
  • ok well here's something, the old campaigns are still getting verified links but anything new I start doesn't. They are using the same exact settings.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Mine were established well before this happened, so for me that isn't the cause.
  • I went back through the settings between the established campaigns and the new campaigns and nothing has changed.

The old campaigns are running as normal but the new ones are not verifying the links.
  • When I changed it from Active to Active (Verify Only) is the only time it started verifying and showing built links.

So, is there something that is not letting the project switch to verify every so often?
  • edited June 2013
    it could very well be a bug, might be emails not verifying well. Try changing to fresh emails?

this huge lost of link building is serious, someone ought to find the issue and share
  • I checked the emails and each one was good and a different one for each project. After I manually changed it to verify they started going through.
  • I also have some projects that seem to be stuck in verification mode. When I try to turn them inactive they just sit at "stopping" and stay there. @sven
  • I increased my LPM so my rates are up. Also installed captcha breaker. 

Getting like 10%, any one using captchabot ?
  • if this happen on blog comments ,directories or article sites,is just normal,blogs might not be autoapprove,and lots of articles and directories get submitted but are awaiting for approval .
    just my 2cents
  • I'm using:

article directories, social network, social bookmark, and wiki

What I'm having to do now, on every campaign after yesterdays update, I'm having to change from being active to active but verify to make it happen. It's not switching automatically anymore.
  • bump bump anyone still experiencing this issue?
  • edited June 2013
    @sonic81 -   Someone else posted about this earlier.  I answered here: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/4520/1815-summitted-0-verified-how-is-it#latest

Further, there are two types of submitted: those in the project column up top and those in the bottom counter.  Those in the bottom counter are legitimate recognized/submitted URLs.  Those in the project counter up top are just account creations, and may not be fully submitted.  If you are seeing lots of submitted in your project column but not very many down below, it "probably" means your proxies are having trouble logging in to your email addresses to verify the emails being sent.  This is especially true on high quality T1s like articles and social nets that require email authentication.  

Read my answer to the above thread, I've been struggling with this for over a week and just got it handled today.  #1 - I don't test my proxies using SER, I test them using Scrape Box.  SER's testers aren't good. #2 - I only use 1-2 email addresses per project.  Import them, test them once to make sure they're working, then leave them alone.  #3 - Make sure each project has Project Options set to Verify Automatically (1440 minutes) on all Tier 1s.  They will verify themselves faster that way.  Only use custom timing on T2s and below (per @ron's recommendations : ).
  • thanks let me take a look.

one quick way to verify your theory would be to turn off proxies for verification only.
  • @Laubster - you said, "Make sure each project has Project Options set to Verify Automatically (1440 minutes) on all Tier 1s.  They will verify themselves faster that way." ...

I thought "Automatic" meant "automatically (as in, "right away"), and that if you wanted to have them checked 1x per day, you used "Custom Time" and set it to 1440 (or whatever you want). 

There was a discussion about this on another thread and @Ovidius said, "I did a lot of test. If it's Automatic it will ignore the number near it." as well as @Ozz: "Automatic is based on the value in the script if I'm not wrong (verify interval=) and differs from engine to engine."

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/4471/how-to-best-use-verification-on-first-tier

I am kinda confused on this, but I do think you would NOT WANT automatic as you choice to speed things up.  CMIIW
  • Those who use Scrapebox for testing proxies, be careful. SB tests them differently somehow. My proxies were banned while SB showed they were fine.