Skip to content

Scheduler not working

I tried to run 4-5 projects with scheduler. But the "Exact date and time" function does not seem to work. GSa only take time factor but it does not take date into consideration. I set it to run with exact date and time and put the date 3-4 days later. But GSa stopped as soon as it reaches the "exact time" mentioned". so, GSa uses time but not date. Can Sven help please?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Using on vps? Often they have set wrong time/time of foreign country. In Malaysia its the 26th now.
  • no, I am not using VPS. Just normal PC with internet connection. I think it is not recognizing the system date. I don't know why?
  • Me too, i have the same problem: i set 100 submission/ per daybut usually it go more more alot ( 300 )
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    fixed in next version
  • edited May 2013
    @Sven the sheduler seems still broken ... i set 20 projects / 15 min .. it doesn't stop the projects .. and always adds new ones .. atm again .. much more running than that 20 i set !!! plz fix

hmm maybe it's just the display that stays active .. more than 20 are GREEN .. but if i stop and count the threads it stoped 20
  • I had the opposite - was set to run at 15 projects every 20 mins, but at best I only had 11 or 12 live out of a possible 29.

Since 5.93 it now runs 15 projects, but it seems to to struggle to close them as they seem to fizzle out until it gets stuck with one that won't end even when I click "stop" on the scheduler window.

The only way to end it is to click the close program X in the top right and it then displays a message about emails just as it closes
    yes you are right, it was just a gui issue. I fixed that now (maybe another update later today).
  • testing ... will write in a while about experieces with new update
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited May 2013
    Getting the exact same problem as before.

For the last 20 mins I've had one project running even though the scheduler is set to 20 and 20

I was even getting a minus number for threads.

However just as I was about to click post, it started starting other projects and is now running 20.

Here is the screen print :

• edited May 2013
    yep same here ... threads decrease and then it all starts to stuck

and seeing the negative threads count too .. something seems really to be fu*ked up in ser doh
  • just saw that another fix was released (v5.95). hopefully that help you.
  • v5.94

.. oh updating to 5.95 now and testing
  • Just getting it now...
  • Seems to be OK so far

cheers @sven :D
  • SER is still running .. but the threads drop down all the time again @Sven
  • edited May 2013
    So i woke up checked my boxes ... stil running BUT as mentioned above ..

i set the sheduler to 10/15 .. both of my boxes got nearly ALL projects marked as GREEN and active in the gui ..
    @Sven

and the thread count still jumps up and down .. ( no negative now at least )

... seems something is still seriously broken there ...
  • I spoke too soon :-)

Working better than it was, but I'm still getting the problem where it isn't running the right amount of projects...

e.g. Still set to run 20 / 20, but currently it's running 17 and this morning it's been as low as 12, but it seems more often than not to hover around the 15-17 projects mark.

@Sven maybe a silly question, but could this have anything to do with Groups?  The only thing I've changed recently is putting some of the projects into groups to make it a bit easier to manage and it might be just co-incidence, but that's about when I started having issues... 

I've moved everything back to the root now so I'll see if it makes a difference
  • edited May 2013

this is only the bottom of the screen nearly ALL projects are marked active although sheduler set to 15/15

also same as @davbel mentioned the threads been much less than i set them ...
    i set 50 threads ... SER jumps around at 0 - 30 .. and after a while .. since the problem described above i think .. it goes totally nutz (still running but with super low threads count and all projects active) ...
    pretty unusable for me right now ,( @Sven

• Ok, groups removed and it is now running 21/22 projects.
  • edited June 2013
    hmm all ran good again .. but with 6.1 i got SAME behaviour again as the screenshot i posted above .. THIS time at leat a Error window poped up and i send a bug report to @Sven

on my other box .. it just freezed again doh !!!
  • edited June 2013

now this happens .... @Sven
    Could it be that they are on Active (P) ?
  • edited June 2013
    will have a look again ... @Sven
  • edited June 2013
    @Sven so it happend again this time a hopefully a bit more "story telling" screenshot

SER runs like this then it freezes ... Hope this helps to fix the problem !
    And is verification really disabled?
  • @Sven yep all my kitchen sinks got verification disabled
  • edited June 2013
    with newest version this happend @Sven... again projects say active but nothing runns

Next version allows you to create a custom bugreport (snapshot of current threads) using the help menu. Hopefully this helps to find the issue.
  • Sven can i run few projects with sheduler and few without sheduler in same time?

if yes then how?
    yes, you can start normally, select the projects for scheduler and choose the 3rd option on the popup menu -  Scheduler (All selected).