Skip to content

GSA Freeze after hours, multiple systems

2»

Comments

• how we can return to an old ver?

• Same for me, 5.85 froze at 0438 according to CB
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    How does this freez look like? Is the gui not responding ?
  • i'm not exactly sure if Sven has added the CMS -> Drupal captcha to CB in the latest version which may cause some issues because it is very slow (= high CPU).

i have an optimized version for that which is much faster. 

please download and import this to CB:

maybe it helps, but couldn't be related at all.
    Hmm I thought it is GSA SER that is freezing?
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    yeah, my thinking just was if CB uses a lot of CPU that it will cause an issue in SER as well.
    as i said, it might be not related at all.
    Hmm yea could be a cause but I always thought GSA SER is not responding at all...that should not happen even if CB is busy.
  • I'm using GSA SER + Captcha Sniper and it crashed. So i doubt that the issue caused by CB

How can we rolling back to previous version?
  • edited May 2013
    It crashes consistently for us too now - on over 6 servers. Not sure what's happening - but SER stops responding after 1-2 minutes

Basically, we cant access the SER window anymore - it becomes either completely black, or just unresponsive - happened after the CB update to 1.87 the first time (might be correlated, might not..)

Also, I think Ozz might be on a right track here. As everytime the SER window freezes its when CB is solving a drupal captcha and it takes CB around 8-10 seconds for that one.
  • Im having same issues, from .83 to now .85

running 1 project, 150 threads, 50 proxies, 2 Cb retries.

seems to want to freeze every 5 hours
  • Sven, as I mentioned a bit earlier in this thread. I had the black freezing window when I updated to 5.82. The scheduler was also freezing if I tried to manually stop it. I rolled back from 5.82 to 5.81 and it has been running for two days with no problems. I think the bug arrived between 5.81 and 5.82 if it helps you at all.
    ok let me know if 5.86 fixes it.
  • @Sven it's just a grey window without any of the sections
  • 5.86 fixed it for us - working fine now.
  • @sven, updating now, will leave it overnight and let you know in the morning.
  • For the future, is the "Search_Engine_Ranker_old.exe" the only file we need to save to revert back to older versions?
  • OzzOzz
    edited May 2013
    rename the actual .exe or the _old.exe according to its version number and safe it to your installation folder.

for the actual release copy and rename it to "Search Engine Ranker v5.86.exe" for example. when you like to run v5.86 again than just start SER with that exe.
  • It seems that for me 5.86 fixed this issue, 4 hours without freezing... life is good!
  • Checked this morning and SER ran fine through the night. I tried to stop the scheduler and it still gets stuck with 5.86 - just shows wait on the stop button and never ends.

Looks like an improvement but there is still something with stopping the scheduler as 5.81 stopped it perfectly?
  • Mine still crash with 5.86