Skip to content

GSA SER killing MY PC MEMORY RECOURCES SINCE THE LAST UPDATE

edited March 2013 in Need Help
- SOLVED -

hi,

Please Help. Because of GSA SER (100 x threads) my PC IS RUNNING SLOW. WHY? It wasn`t the case in the early version!!!!
Somebody has the same problem???

The new updates seems to suck big time with WIN 7 64bit.

Comments

• Hi skyf,
    Now I see  that others have the same issue. But updating to an older version of GSA is only a temporary solution. I want to know how to solve this Issue PERMANENTLY!
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    @omikron !!! ??? F**k boahh not a way to communicate :/
  • edited March 2013
    Why even waste time with that ??? Please fix this problem and everything is alright.
  • Wow,  Omikron.  You are pretty rude.  He just released a fix.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited March 2013
    Omikron - With an attitude like that don't expect fast answers to your questions. Just saying. 

Also - on a side note - do you have an attitude like that at restaurants? If so....well I'd just say you might have a lot of spit in your food. 
  • @AlexR  So you`re one of that kind.. all I can say is don`t wonder when you`re called b****   >:)

side note: didn`t mean to attack anyone. All I needed was a working GSA. 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I'm just saying that before flying off your rocker straight up (like read your first sentence), be patient, kind and give people a chance to respond. 
  • @ Omikron = Get the F&^%$ out here and troll elsewhere with your attitude ! You DONT even deserve this great program
  • @squirrelhunter sorry if I hurt your feelings, but why do you even comment if you can`t help?? I`ve paid hard cash for this and have a right (like any other) to request a bug free fixed version. Since Version 5.27, GSA SER is churning out 99% of the total CPU usage (20 threads) on my 3GHz 4GB RAM PC, paralizing the entire system.   

I hope somebody in here can support me (and any other having the same problem) or help fix this issue ASAP. Again: PLEASE HELP!!
  • Works just fine for me
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Are you running the new kiddy feature "reverify existing backlinks"?

If so, try running it with that disabled

• These are the current settings, what should I change in order to reduce the CPU usage:

• OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    @omikron: please do yourself a favour and never update again when everything is working for you. this should be the perfect solution for your hard cash and our nerves.

edit: just wait for a fix or try to get some older release from someone. you can't expect that everything will be fixed within minutes on the weekend. even if you've paid with cash your comments were just disrespectful.

Just looked at those setting and laughed

You have never taken the time to read how people recommend to set up ser

First thing that bits your arse is moaning about high resources being used and having the ser resource manager disabled

• @LeeG there`s really no difference whether I enable or disable the "monitor PC resources" option. I`ve tried several times and the cpu is equally 99% even if this option is enabled... 

How many projects are you running?

Private proxies or public (satans own) scraped proxies?

• edited March 2013
    LeeG atm 72 projects. Prior to V5.27 everything went fine on my dynamic IPs (w/o proxies).  

Your problem is the amount of projects you have running at a guess, looking at that screen

Scheduler mode, 10 every 30 minutes on rotation

• OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    also check with the task manager if any other software is using a high amount of CPU too which could cause trouble (tasks of your OS for example like scheduled defragmentation or AV checks).

Running that silly amount of retries on CSX is not good

Thats a cpu killer on a single go, let alone running it with a silly amount of retries like that

Going by the speed csx solves captchas, that amount of retries must take a month per captcha

• edited March 2013
    LeeG ok. Will try it and post an update.
    Ozz  Tried it yesterday. I even tried to set the task priority to minimal (not possible). But no signs of success. The GSA (Search_Engine_Ranker.exe) constantly used 99% of total CPU usage.

3 hours and not a word of complaint :D

I take it you have managed to stop your cpu problems now

• @LeeG - About the reverify backlinks - Do you not bother to do that then?
  • edited March 2013
    LeeG You bet that I did. :) Everything (including CPU) is running fine (and even better that before) since I cut down the projects and I couldn`t be happier :-D  I could literally slap myself for not having thought about it before. Thumbs up ! And yes, GSA SER doesn`t cease to amaze me. I love this tool!! 

PS: @Sven forgive the bad language. (I guess it was the good JimBeam)

@davbel, I do, but I would rather stop ser from submitting and do it, rather than have ser crash or bug down constantly.

Which it had been with the feature turned on. Even if you pull all the verified to do the check, it will bug down for a period. If and when I run the feature, I cant do everything in one hit. I have to do it in smaller chunks

@omikron, learning how to use the software helps

Follow some of the set up tips shared on here and you will learn how to push ser to its maximum

I looked at your screen shots and there were so many bits in place, that I considered basic new user mistakes after all the tips that have been shared on here

And dont forget to apologise to sven for blaming the software, when it was in fact you at fault with how you had ser set up to run ;)

• edited March 2013
    It`s true guys. Like LeeG said, as a newbie, the best thing you can do (like myself) is follow the tips shared by kind members here (LeeG, Ozz, to name a few) if you want to reap the maximum benefit out of GSA SER. If you play around enough with the settings, you might as well get the results you expect. 

This thread should serve me as a lesson but also as a helper for other members.

Also, I`d like to thank @Sven for sharing perhaps the greatest SEO tool ever released. Awesome work! 

Thank You Again Guys
  • Nice recovery @omikron!

Both on the pc and on the forum!
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited March 2013
    @LeeG How do you do the verifications?  Did it manually today over about 8 projects (only doing tier 1)

i.e. right click, show urls, verified, verify already verified....and it took forever :(