Skip to content

PLEASE READ: Drupal success rate decreasing again and again!

edited March 2013 in Need Help
Hello there.

So first i wanted to say that my case studies with over 100 different websites and my SERPS show that Drupal blog posting is one of the most powerful engines of GSA SER. Results from other users i know show that too.

Now the problem:

Since Drupal blog posting was added to GSA SER, the success rate was very low. 
Here is my example

- 8k Drupal Sites scraped
- 8k Drupal Sited added throug copying backlinks from other guys
- Posting Blogs / Pages etc. is possible on EVERY SITE. 

Why? EVERY SITE i scraped was a website where already a lot of blogs / pages were posted by some guys. So when i scraped i only used footprints like this:
inurl:node intitle:ugg 
etc. etc. etc.

..and this for over 100 keywords from guys that use this technique for BIG MONEY keywords (and they're successful!)
I also analysed backlinks from over 100 website using this techniques and exported every backlink as .csv, then pasted in txt.

Total UNIQUE Domains where you can create a blog / page with some kind of software i found: 12k. 
I spent days and days on this.

After a dozen of tests and other things i was able to get a success rate of 1,1k backlinks posted from 12k sites.

So this really isn't that much and it's kid of frustrating when you see others who are much more successful.

After some time i found out that these "successful" guys who can post to websites 10 times more than me use a XRUMER MOD.

Ok - i don't have this Mod and i'm using GSA, so im willing to accept this low success rate with 1.1k backlinks from 12k possible.

BUT

The last few days the succes rate has decreased dramatically from 1.1k sucessful to ONLY 400 SUCCESSFUL!

I'm sorry, i know GSA SER can post to many platforms but it is a BIG PROBLEM when one of the most powerful engines works very very very bad.
The remaining 700 sites seem to have their drupal updated in some way, i don't know.

I started analyzing the failed domains with debug mode etc. After some experiments i found out that 

60%

of every drupal site where you can create a blog, nowadays DOES NOT SEND THE USER A PASSWORD via E-mail.

If you register, you get a e-mail where you have to click a link for a one-time-registration.

In the next step you have to enter the passwort THE FIRST TIME (When you register you can't!) and some other data like where you are from, etc.

For me, it looks like GSA SER at the moment is not ABLE TO DO THIS.

Xrumer can do it. I'm not expecting that GSA SER can do things that xrumer can, but when you only can post to 400 sites, at the beginning 1.1k sites from 12k(!!) this is not normal and the setttings need to be updated.

This problem is also important for DRUPAL BLOG COMMENTS that Ozz is working on now.

Registering an account is not a problem. Logging in and posting is a big problem - when GSA SER wants to so so my screen is flooded with login errors for 20 minutes.

Please help. I'm also willing to pay a bit money to work on this and get a better sucess rate, like 50$. I know its not much but maybe helping.

Comments

• P.S.: Ich habe mal alles auf Englisch geschrieben, damit die anderen das auch lesen. Habe auch erst jetzt bemerkt, dass Ozz auch aus DE kommt,hmm. 

• next problem:
    e-mails were parsed.
    there were ca.50 posts marked as " submission sucessful" (green color)

when it tries to verify them, i see hundreds of lines where it is said "verification failed" but everytime the URL where it tries to verify something is the register page! for exmaple: domain.com/register

Is this normal? Never had that before.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

I try to optimize this but it might not be that easy as the drupal's are all a bit different.

fixing it for one type might not work for the other (or you need to create a new engine for it).

• I've added around 600 targeted urls, around 100 got registered successfully and only on 4 drupal blogs it has posted the articles.

*Disappointing*
  • do you mean field name or id are conflict with each orher? i will do with it if there are enough intetests.
    @Knopper, keep in mind that just a few drupal engines allow you to post something. The majority has no way to post blogs/articles.
  • @Sven the urls which i was talking about are verified and i have seen blog posts in those sites.
  • verified by what? gsa?
  • did you try to register and post by hand to this sites? do that and sent Sven examples of the sites where posting was successful.
  • @awint i dont know if they are verified GSA or not.

@Ozz well i didnt tried to do it manually, i just got them from ahrefs and i tried with GSA.
  • edited March 2013
    IF SER cant post, SER should not identify the site... IMO... or maybe send the platform to a unknown platforms txt for future engine coding. (optional)

If there are different drupal platforms SER should separate them by some common code or string... whatever.

I'm not sure.... just giving ideas...
  • its not that simple, rodol. especially because drupal is CMS which is highly configurable and sites looks like the same at first glance. sometimes you only see the difference once you've registered to it.

it doesn't matter if its in the identified list though, as you are able to use the submitted or verified list instead.
  • bachelor thesis for a simple problem posted here........ switch the engine........ thats micromanagement.....
  • edited March 2013
    hmm...don't really know if i understand your post but let me say it again
    it does matter A LOT if the site where a article is posted has drupal on or another cms. Again: i tested about 100 websites and also 35 websites with other article types.
    this has to do with many things, but especially the fact that websites which use drupal in most cases have a higher pr and better other seo values like domain authority etc. 

for my statistics i compared about 20k domains from sites where posting an article in different engines is possible!

@ the rest: i know the drupal engine is difficult, but it is very powerful. what i wanted to say is that there seems to be a problem with the e-mails.

gsa ser registers at a site with drupal cms WITHOUT password, and ONLY the username.

an e-mail gets sent, which is NOT containing any password and just a one-time-login-link where you can choose your password. gsa ser does not seem to handle it, just goes back to the login page and tries to login with the password which was chosen by default by me. of course it doesn't work, because i first have to choose a password by visiting the one-time-link.

@ sven: today i ran another 5k of domains i noticed 2 other things that maybe can be fixed:

a lot of drupal pages want the user to fill out some extra fields like phonenumber, age and stuff like that. gsa ser does not do so and the result is an registration error. saw that multiple times checking the html files of registration errors
    (age is required, country is required, phonenumer is required)

tomorrow i'll be back with some other ideas after running debug mode.

2. gsa ser registers an account and then it's possible to go directly to "node/add" and post a blog. (i checked that manually) - i don't know why but this does not happen and it waits for an e-mail with the password etc. - this will never happen because registering is possible without getting an e-mail. 

just another question. i noticed that in the engine filed there are different languages like spanish, german etc. that means if for example russian is not added posting to russian sites is not possible? if yes i will change that for myself because there are pretty much russian sites running drupal and allowing users to post blogs.

thanks for all the replies.
    gsa ser is a great software, just wanted to give some feedback, nothing of that is meant in a negative way ;)
  • how many VERIFIED do you have at all posted too.........
  • I am also very disapointed with Drupal success rate, i have loaded up 70k unique drupal sites, GSA managed to register on only 10k of them, parsed passwords from only 6 or 7 k and posted only 250 backlinks :S. Xrumer does it way way better even without any single mod. At last xrumer can post comments on drupals out of the box.

I hope GSA guys will do something about Drupals soon.
  • in the update is says drupal improved. but I get low verified....... just like the past...

• A lot of Drupal submission URLs look like "http://www.something.com/node/add". They are missing the number at the end.
    @Raskol please post a more detailed log on what you mean.
  • I can post up $50 more to anyone who can message me with a working solution
  • edited September 2013
    I vouch for this as well.. The main three problems I noticed so far after a lot of Drupal sites scraping with Scrapebox and post attempts with GSA are the problems explained by @bekkolt in his last post.. The first and the biggest problem is this one:

GSA registers at a site with drupal cms WITHOUT password, and ONLY the username. an e-mail gets sent, which is NOT containing any password and just a one-time-login-link where you can choose your password. gsa ser does not seem to handle it, just goes back to the login page and tries to login with the password which was chosen by default by me. of course it doesn't work, because i first have to choose a password by visiting the one-time-link.

Snapshots for the required registration process that GSA can't handle:

I don't think this requires a lot of work to train GSA to do especially if it's being done by such excellent developers who programmed GSA to handle hundreds of different engines/platforms. Also this drupal version is already handled by other softwares like XRumer so it's certainly achievable..
    thanks, next version will improve things here.
  • Eagerly waiting for this, thanks for your fast response :)
  • Same here, can't wait :)
  • Can't wait till this is improved. I have over 100,000 scraped Drupal sites but very low success rate . Thanks.
    Keep in mind that hardly any drupal site allows you to actually post things. You might find many many sites with the usual footprints, but not many are useful in the end.
  • Thanks Sven, between kkarmatn & bekkolt those upgrades to the posting engine should make a significant difference.
  • edited September 2013
    @Sven Yup, totally agree that this gonna happen with the usual drupal footprints ;)

Please in the mean while you're optimizing GSA for posting on Drupals, there're are some other situations that GSA cannot handle while posting to them..

One of the easiest -and most odd- situations is when you can post to Drupal sites directly without registering an account -in some situations Account Registration is even closed-

Check this one out:

You can post articles directly without registering an account and if GSA tried to register by any of the known Drupal registration page footprints like:

It'll not be able to register and post to one of the easiest Drupal site types..

Another issue that @Bekkolt referred to and I've seen in some Drupal sites is that you've to fill a lot of forms in order to complete the registration process. Like:

These two issues will not bring a huge different to the success rate for Drupals compared to the original password issue, however I found these are worth referring to..

Please let us know through this topic once the password issue is handled as I paused all my Drupal campaigns until this awesome expected update is released.
    Next version will allow posting to that type of sites.
  • edited September 2013
    Hi @Sven,

Thanks for these updates. I've been playing with it a bit myself and have noticed some sites fail due to language issues. Many drupal forms give a choice of 'Preview' or 'Save/Submit', but the 'value' of the submit button can change depending on the language its in, meaning we need to keep track of multiple strings for each language and drupal version.

However the id of the submit / preview button is always the same - 'edit-preview' or 'edit-submit'. Is is possible to select the submit value by  form ID? I thought about using front= / back= but on many sites there are multiple forms with (input type=submit name=op id=edit-submit) such as search forms and login forms, so using pattern matching laone wouldn't guarantee you were examining the right forms. Any thoughts?