Skip to content

Request: Inbuilt Captcha Solver

2»

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Hunar - thanks....when it's released can you or @Ozz just tag me in the update post so I can get the latest release. 
  • Yeah, I will for sure. ;)

• just an update folks ...

the update is coming along very nicely ... still putting in 80+ hours on captcha sniper per week

as soon as its ready, you guys will be the first to know
  • Hi Global and others. 

I've been beta testing this new version of CS.  And it's pretty awesome.  There is no more size conflicts and You don't have to select any captcha's to use with GSA it will automatically detect which one.    I've also had 0 Tesseract errors pop up. 

Also the success Rate is much higher now since there are no more size conflics.  I've been watching it run for a while now.  and I haven't seen it get one captcha incorrect yet.
  • coming soon to a theatre near you ;)
  • well the sooner the better.. burning my money away with these captchas :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @CapthcaSniper - that's excellent news! Can't wait for the new version! 

Quick Question: what happens when they add new platforms to GSA as they do almost daily? Will CS solve many of these? I.e. is there a plan every month to make available a few new capcha platforms that can solve these or should we get a few GSA users together and when an update is released to GSA platforms that we then use the deconstruction kit to solve them?
  • edited September 2012
    "CS X" is finally out now :) Would be very interesting to know how well it works. In the past CS was to unstable for my needs, but this version sounds really nice. I would highly appreciate a little bit feedback how well (and stable) it works.

Captcha Sniper X has been released!

Here's what's new ...

56 New Captcha Types in CDK - with these new additions, there is
    no need for the ones created by Andrei, they are replaced by these

AchimWinkler Guestbook, Advanced Guestbook, Article Directory Pro, Basti
    Guestbook, BeepWorld Guestbook, Blogspot.es, Burning Book, ClipBucket,
    ClipShare, Coppermine Photo Gallery, Datso Gallery, Easy Guestbook, EasyLink,
    Firebook Guestbook, flat PHPBook, FluxBB, FUDForum, GA Gaestbuch, Gaijin
    Guestbook, General Blogs (5 variants), Hyperbook Guestbook, Icybook,
    iDocScript, Jax Guestbook, Link Bid Script, LINKER, Maian Guestbook, maxxibook,
    Meneame, miniBB, MyEngines, Nuke Guestbook, PHP Fusion Guestbook, PHPBookmark,
    PHPMotion, Piwigo, PixelPost (new variant), Scarbook, ShareMixer, TPK
    Guestbook, Ultimate Guestbook, Unknown Directory, Unknown Guestbook, Viral
    Socializer Script, vShare, Xeobook Guestbook

'Use captcha_platform for detection' - option from the settings
    menu

CS now accepts a new parameter passed within the http post API to tell CS
    exactly which captcha type it's being passed. This means that you will not have
    to select any captcha types and as a result will have no size conflicts and
    much higher success rate.

Currently the only tool using this new feature is GSA
    Search Engine Ranker
    .  If you have not heard of it, I highly recommend
    you check
    it out
    .  Its currently the most diverse backlinking tool available at
    an incredible price.  I've also heard from Vince, the developer of AMR,
    that he will be adding this as well.

To use this feature in conjunction with CDK, just make sure that the value
    being passed matches the captcha type name.

'Save Solved Captchas' - option from the settings menu

This will allow you to save the captchas sent to CS along with the
    answer.  This eliminates the need for the multiple panes in the GUI. 
    These will appear in the solvedcaptchas folder.

Bug fixes

Additional handling of the tesseract popup errors... they should almost
    be non existent now.

CDK - Import Database

As the description says, you can now import additional CDK databases which should
    make sharing others algorithms a lot easier.

CDK - Character Segmentation and Derotation

Character segmentation now accepts an additional parameter to define
    the minimum width of a character.  In addition, you can derotate
    characters for captchas with rotated characters.  There is no 100%
    solution for this, however this algorithm works very well on the majority of
    rotated characters.  In addition, you can specify the maximum degree of
    rotation to check.

Installation:

IMPORTANT - if you have added any of your own captchas in CDK, please copy
    CaptchaSniper.mdb to a different location and then use the new import feature
    to add them back.  The install will overwrite your existing database!

1.  Use the uninstaller inside the CS folder to uninstall.

2.  Delete everything inside the CS folder EXCEPT the .lic file

3.  Download CaptchaSniper X here

4.  Reinstall in the old folder

• not sure of the stability issues you mention... ask hunar ... hes been using it successfully for quite some time now .. perhaps I can help you and shed some light on best practices with it
  • thx for the info!

i tried to import my old database but it crashed :(
    i'm gonna try it tomorrow again.

besides that it seems to run great the last couple of minutes
  • just wondering after selecting all captchas and "use captcha platform for detection" my bottom bar is still showing as red. hence a conflict. isn't it supposed to be on no-conflict when its ticked?
  • OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    mine is red, too. this could be due to the fact, that we've not chosen any captcha (besides the setting for detection)??!! 
    however, it is working for me.
  • edited September 2012
    you dont have to select any captchas!!!  yes, it will still show red ... you can just ignore it ..OZZ, shoot me an email and ill take a look at your import issue
  • edited September 2012
    Just for people using win2k8 and can't find the application using port 80. here is the solution: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1362841 (took me about one hour)

When I started CS manually and then started SER it didn't worked with the "use captcha platform for detection" (even when I manually enabled it). After this I've tried to start it over ser and switched on  "use captcha platform for detection" it seems to work.

I think I'll give it a try over night :) Thanks for the release!

Beside this: Is it possible that it still saves the settings? (for example "use captcha platform for detection" option switched on)
  • edited September 2012
    @CaptchaSniper: And additionally: 
    1. Should we collect the "unknown captchas" to provide it to you?
    2. Should we use the extra captchas for this version too?
  • I got an error on the upgrade and another one when exiting. Emailed it in to support but I'm dead in the water for a bit.
  • @Byte

Up to you... you can either send them my way or add them to CDK yourself.  Ive most likely seen them all at this point ;)
    No need to use the ones created by Andrei --- as indicated in the email anouncement

All caught up on emails, so you should have a reply.  You need to make sure you follow the installation instructions *EXACTLY* as they are written
  • I'm impressed by your support and you got me all fixed up :)
  • edited September 2012
    @CaptchaSnipe: Thanks for your reply - sorry I didn't linked this both thinks :) It looks quiet stable now, solved (including false-positives) over 720 captchas since my last posting :)

Now only a last thing: Why CS doesn't save the chosen settinigs? (have to set them after every restart of the tool).
  • ronron SERLists.com

Just wanted to say great job on the new release. Working very smoothly. No teseract messages. Average solve time .862 seconds - loving it :)!

FYI, I just uninstalled the whole thing, reinstalled, and pasted the password file in the main CS folder. For whatever reasons the administrator settings were already properly set to XP.

The other thing is to uncheck all the boxes (including sub menus) and check the last box in Settings "Use captcha platform for detection". Just saying it for those that don't read directions. 

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Under Settings:
    Do we need to select the:
    1) Use clean image
    2) use Host redirect
    3) Use CSSE

What do the above do?
  • None of those, only "Use 'captcha_platform' for detection" should be needed
  • @Byte - currently only captcha selections (which is no longer necessary) are saved.  Ill look at menu options in the next release.

@ron - happy its working well for you
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    What do the other options do?
  • @gloabl - please check the help file first, most of these questions are answered there and BTW cherub had the right answer for you
  • @CaptchaSniper: I'm getting "teseract messages". This doesn't stop the whole application, but they have to clicked away. What kind of debug information do you want to solve this?

I also got collected a lot unsolved captchase but don't have the time to play around with CDK. I think a lot of them would be solvable. Are you interested in them or do you don't care about it? (then I save my time and don't upload it).
  • as an interim solution you can use clickoff: 
    http://www.johanneshuebner.com/en/clickoff.shtml
    just remember to start it with admin rights.
  • edited September 2012
    It's not a real problem because it doesn't crash CS but it isn't nice. I only tought I let CS know this. Thanks for the hint Ozz :)