Skip to content

Lets get somethings straight!

Comments

• londonseolondonseo London, UK
    @redrays - are you saying that google is doing the same thing with xpressengine as well?
    In my Tier 2 and above I filter out the .edu and .gov sites and anything above a PR3.

In the junk tier i don't filter out anything.

• redraysredrays Las Vegas
    @londonseo - it was probably just a bad batch of sites, and I still use xpressengine. However, those specific xpressengine sites are worthless for links, since you'll never get a post indexed, yet possible to find via scraping. This is why I don't put much weight in the argument that K2 must be useful because the root domains are indexed.
  • If you get lots of DOFOLLOW links then gsa ser is best tool around for parasites.
  • @redrays

XpressEngine is awful, it's usually chinese sites with awful china anchor texts.
    If XpressEngine and Joomla K2 are useless, Wordpress and Drupal are hard to submit articles to, what do we have left?
  • @londonseo For Drupal, you need human captcha service like 2captcha/antigate, most Drupal sites either got their forms disabled or forbidden to register and also if you expect to get Drupal links with CB alone not gonna happen if you want links from this platform you need human solving service. Period
    I do use 2captcha and DBC but still they are hard to get compared to the rest so I guess most of them have registration disabled or dont allow you to post articles on them.

I have a list of over 500k unique drupal domains.
  • BigGulpsHuhWelp Yes indeed, 10% it is with my scraping efforts as well... and from those 10% 80 to 90% do not pass my additonal metrics tests.

About K2: The CMS has become increasingly popular. As with all platforms the ol' saying "With great usage numbes comes great spamability" applies.

That's one of the reasons why imho GSA PS / PR emulator are such valuable tools these days. There are some hidden gems among all those crappy K2 sites, you just have to filter properly.

Also: Anyone interested in a little footprint exchange?
  • shaunshaun https://www.youtube.com/ShaunMarrs
    edited June 2016
    @londonseo K2 is a bad platform, xpressengine on the other hand has been one of my main contextual engines since I started using the tool. Many of the sites are on Asian hosts and the page will have a few Asian characters on it but the article and anchor text show up fine. Just load up a test project and do a xpressengine blast. You will see the platform is fine.

I don't see the multi language thing as a problem either as there are plenty of Spanish and Indian blogs out there that blog in English as well as their native language.

@Anonymous @londonseo lads, never use a paid human captcha solution on SER, you are throwing money away for no reason. I am currently running with just CB and my verified list is doing fine. Thinking of adding in an OCR service soon for ReCaptcha though to try get more Drupal and Wordpress targets.

@jonseo I don't like K2 for a number of reasons, one of them is because they are so hard to index. My current thinking is that a link has to be indexed and do follow for it to be worth my time.
    edited June 2016
    @shaun - Joomla k2 is working very well for me. All you have to do is submit the same type of articles you would put on your money site with images, video etc

But maybe I shouldn't say too much as the more of you that keep away from K2 sites, the better it is for SEOs like myself.
    :D
  • edited June 2016
    shaun   londonseo  How many words do you use on your spun articles with Kontent Machine?  Do you do 500, 1000, or more?  Also, how long does it take usually for you to index the express engines or any of your articles for that matter?  Thanks in advance.
    @londonseo I might give it a little looks this weekend if I have some spare time :p. How are you checking the indexing rates of the pages you make? As far as I can remember everytime I have checked K2 the indexing rate has been crazy bad, like around the 1% mark and this is on sites that have their root domain still indexed.
    @shaun - I check with scrapebox and I get around 40-45% indexed.
    @londonseo how are you indexing them? Using a service or T2 or something?
    @shaun with expressindexer
  • londonseo           What do use to generate content on the K2s?  I guess I'm just looking to understand how you can make these work and index so good because tim69 who owns expressindexer  says k2's are useless for tiers mainly do to indexing.  i'm sure he has run those through his express indexer.  So what do you do that is different? Thanks.
    @londonseo as @Seo_Gladiator  says, the owner of express indexer made this thread to warn against K2 for his users. Now you are getting 40% indexing rate on that very platform with that very service? My on personal testing was nowhere near that, the K2 domains were not suffering from a penalty or anythign either....
  • shaun @londonseo  Only thing I can think of is some how you are running PR Jacker or Emulator and submitting better quality K2's to express indexer as this thread was started 8 months ago?  Could that be a factor possibly?
    @Seo_Gladiator  it could be a factor but since this thread was made 8 month ago indexing services have been destroyed by Google. Express Indexer was one of the few that managed to hold out the longest but it is now at a stage where I dont bother with it anymore either.

I think I will move a few things around this weekend and do some K2 testing.
  • shaun yeah the patch came out last June I think and I was crushing it with instant indexer back then. I miss those days.  I think I'm having a problem also because i'm buying verified list and I need to start scraping again. Do you scrape your own targets or buy list?  I'm using serlist right now.  It's funny though every list provide has a boat load of K2's in them, and it makes me think they are probably using those for their own sites to rank first  So, it always makes me feel like i'm missing something with K2's, so hearing @londonseo  make a statement like this does make me curious. 
    For the record, I do NOT agree that XpressEngine is awful. Like @shaun, and partly at his suggestion, I use it frequently and it performs just fine. I was pointing out a *specific* instance where I ran into some XpressEngine sites that were indexing poorly and said that was likely happening to the vast majority of K2 sites.
    @seo_gladiator and @shaun - I either manually scrape articles from Google news or I use the Scrapebox Article Scraper.

I then join the articles together and spin with WordAi Turing Version (Readable)

I also use the Scrapebox Google Image Addon to download relevant image urls and insert them in to SER.

I do the same for Youtube videos as well.

I use both ExpressIndexer and Authority Indexer, but its the Authority Indexer that has made the real difference now.
    @londonseo Is its Authority indexer that is making the real difference how come you missed it out in your earlier post when you only mentioned express indexer?
    @shaun - I thought I had it in there
  • londonseo  So which indexing plan out of the 3 he offers are you using with authority indexer?  Thanks.
    I'm having pretty good success with Authority Indexer. I'm using the low volume version, and it's getting stuff indexed immediately. Haven't tried SER links yet.
  • redrays  what is the maximum amount of links you can submit per day? Also, curious what kind of links you have submitted so far.  Thanks in advance.
    @Seo_Gladiator - I'm using 20 dedicated proxies and 40 gmail pva accounts. The pva accounts start acting up after a few hundred submissions, with random errors here and there. I haven't pushed further than ~300 in a day because I'm afraid of burning out my pva accounts. I'll probably buy more and see how much I can scale.

Right now I'm using it with Authority Stacks, which I believe is discussed earlier in this thread. These are mass page sites built on parasites with tons of duplicate and/or spun content. So I'm impressed at how well it works.
  • redrays  do you know where I can get the cheapest gmail pva accounts?  I usually use buybulkaccount.com/ but would like to know if there is a cheaper place.

So basically you are indexing the parasites pages with authority indexer that authority stacks builds and then blasting the parasites? Do I have this correct?

Not sure why you have to use Authority Stacks, can't you just use rankerx or fcs for the parasites?  Or does Authority stacks have way more parasite platfoms?