Skip to content

USES Alot of CPU!!!!!!

13»

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

You want both, but don't obsess over it. T2 and T3 will do a great job on getting T1 indexed. (can't believe you have a T4 but that's cool).

Indexing is important, but building new sites and tiers will get you in the money quicker. Save the indexing for when you are completely bored and want to do something useful. I do it every 2-4 weeks.

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Oh happy happy joy

Now seo indexer is on every tier, not one central on off point ffs

Back to editing 60 tiers, one at a time

• ronron SERLists.com
    I do them all at once. I would hope nobody bothers to do them individually, arghh.

Two places its shown

Under main options and each tier

(insert expletive of choice here) happy happy joy

• it takes my dual core xeon vps to 100% cpu with GSA SER and GSA CB with 6gb ram, its a private fast vps to... wish the programs didnt use so much cpu!!!! it makes them lag.
  • what do you use for tier 2,3 and higher backlinks? 

Finished my 1am maintenance at 2am

With seo indexer off, its running well

• ronron SERLists.com
    When I can justify it, I might get a 'lite' vps to handle ser indexer by itself. You can't have both going at the same time on the same server.
  • edited February 2013
    @ron I'm thinking of doing the same.

VPS Hosting - VPS Basic
    CPU: 1 x 3.40Ghz
    RAM: 512 MB DDR3 / Guaranteed
    Storage: 25 GB
    Traffic: Unlimited
    Bandwidth: 100 Mbps
    IPv4: 1

Are those good enough specs to run SEO Indexer?
    Only $9.99/mo at BermanHosting.com.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Wow, that looks like a great deal. I'm not sure about the RAM though.
  • edited February 2013
    Ya, that's my only concern too. Was wondering if you thought it'd be enough :)
    At $10 a month it's already half the price of lindexed.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Can you do a one month trial? I would do that in a heartbeat. If you can, I might join you.
  • wow you can compare gsa seo indexer with lindexed? the do the same for indexing a url?
  • you need more RAM imho
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @rodol - GSA Indexer is very good. The problem is indexing is tough and you could use multiple resources to maximize indexing. I would still be doing both, not one or the other.
  • edited February 2013
    Correct me if i'm wrong, isn't if we use a tier backlink, like this

Tier1 <- Tier2 <- Tier3 <- Tier4

Isn't that suppose to index our Tier1, Tier2 and Tier3. Cause the Tier1, Tier2 and Tier3 backlink got backlink from lower tier and it will indexed by google because of google spider visit the lower tier backlink?

So GSA SEO Indexer was a great tool and become necessary if we want to faster the indexer, but if we want our backlink natural indexing by google, just use tier backlink.

for the vps you can try this... http://trustvm.com/ - Virtual Basic
    • Memory: 1 GB
    • Disk Space: 60 GB
    • Bandwidth: Unlimited
    • 24/7/365 Support
    • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    Again.. correct me if i'm wrong...
  • ronron SERLists.com

@darman82 - The main purpose is to channel linkjuice upward to help with rankings. The byproduct and side benefit of doing that is it helps get your backlinks indexed.

Of course, you can setup an extra tier just because you want to help the last tier get indexed. But it still funnels linkjuice.

• edited February 2013
    I have also turned off GSA indexer as it is using to much cpu power... and taking my computer to 100%. I will install on different computer and run it by itself. I agree it would be nice if there was an automatic way to send the links to indexer on a networked separate computer.

I have a question... the more projects I add does GSA spread my threads out over all the projects. So in theory I can add more and more projects and each just gets less simultaneous threads to run?

Also I shut down indexer because it is using to much
    resource and moving to new computer. But it keeps restarting? I have
    shut it down 3 times now and each time is restarts all by itself. I have
    even used control panel to make sure. What am I missing?

• ronron SERLists.com

The more projects you add, the more links you build. It gets spread over all the projects. I'm sure there is a point where SER can't build anymore, and you either need more proxies - which gives you more threads.

Or you get into a poweruser status where you get additional licenses of SER and additional pc's. At that point you will be happy to do so because you are making a lot of bank ;)

• @ranknow to stop indexer you have to uncheck "use GSA SEO Indexer to index verified links" in global options --> indexing.
  • edited February 2013
    d3ad Got it just surprised that it actually started the program all by itself....

ron   I may move to a VPS service and use my current computer for indexing only. I am thinking that a VPS will up my speed by a few multiples... as it is connected right to a major T1 connection directly to the internet so everything will be faster.
  • edited February 2013
    darman82

Wondering what you guys are finding is necessary for a VPS?? How much ram do we need to run CB and SER?