Skip to content

Can't get Buddypress to work - [awaiting account verification]

edited January 2013 in Need Help
GSA just seems to not be able to verify any of these links for me. Any ideas? image

Comments

• Just tested GSA with Dolphin - works fine. So it can't be my email settings?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I will check it but at least I saw massive links created for me with that even with last updates.
  • I'm also having the same trouble with Oxwall - weird. It is getting stuck somewhere after checking the email

If I get the password from the config files I can log into the sites and post manually though. Got loggin enabled, but it's not really helping. Is there a way to step through the Engine script line by line to see where it is falling over?
  • Can anyone else confirm /deny that these engines are working? trying to work out if it is something at my end
    works for me...though next version will improve the buddypress engine a bit.
  • no probs with oxwall for me
  • edited January 2013
    not having good results with buddypress too. i have like 4900+ list, 1253 submitted and only get 88 links verified out of it. :(
  • Hmm that's strange, I've tried a catchall account as well as setting up AOL and still no submissions. How can I work out what is going wrong?
  • Installed the latest update and Oxwall seems fine now. Not sure why it wasn't working a few days ago. Hmmmmm!
  • @quizzical : what your status on buddypress sites? got a good result?
  • Nah not registering any
  • Did the latest update fix it? Thanks! Happy now .

• This Problem is there again.....

Lots of awaiting account verification:

http://666kb.com/i/ccakm9gnd4uwkoucf.png
  • edited March 2013
    im facing this problem also...in my latest projects that i always use with the same url list there are more than 100 (!!) buddypress sites that are awaiting account verification, but before i could post to them. something definitely changed and now the engine is not working as good as before, checked over a dozen urls manually and saw that i posted there some days ago.

Well I get a lot of Buddypress results..I don't see a bug here.
  • edited March 2013
    BuddyPress....................: 1938

all in "awaiting" here.......

bekkolt, what email are you using? I am using mailnesia atm.

I can mail an csv to you sven of the sites that dont work.
    check if the email verification works for you and you are not blocked on there service.
  • well it works with other engines, except buddypress.
  • Mine is also not working with buddypress.. I use outlook.. 
  • ok, so now we are 3.
  • actually, just checked all of my projects.. there has been some buddypress articles pushed through but I'd say only around 1-2% of articles.. so maybe for me it's because of other reasons.. i'll have to keep an eye on it (just did an upgrade as well as fixed some email addresses.. maybe these two were my problems..) - will definitely post back here with results..

next version improves things a bit. Though I see that a lot sites don't send a verification email at all and than it takes some time for the site to continue.
  • For the moment i get around 300 buddypress live links(from different domains and useing only captcha breaker as cracking captchas). Yes i do confirm this platform is tricky at the emailing step, alot of them dont really send the email
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    @eLeSlash: do you use hotmails for registration? maybe its worth a try to use something different like aol-mail instead to see if hotmail-accounts are blacklisted on some of those sites.
  • @Ozz nope, i never use free mails as i know for sure some platforms [article] mainly  doenst allow free email when registering. I create my own personal emails from my websites, allways.
  • OzzOzz
    edited March 2013
    damn, i hoped you were the perfect candidate to test this issue ;)
  • I m using mailnesia, and I have the same probs..
  • I is somehow possible to re-trigger those buddy press engines? Does "veriy emails" does it?
  • maybe something is wrong with BB itself?

i get like those mails, even if I enter the key manually, it wont activate. I tested 10 sites now... :
    Thanks for registering! To complete the activation of your account please click the following link:

http://decidingdivorce.com/activate/?key=0f45337161fe670866f6e6c7a4800ab0