Skip to content

Would a VPS owner steal our Niches to Rank themselves?

Today I was doing some google KW research and spot a YT video and the name of the channel is same surname of the owner of the VPS I use.

Hmmmm maybe I'm just paranoid haha - would be so easy for them to steal everything on our VPSs...

Scary shit!

Comments

• BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    Why would it benefit them? They don't know if you're actually making a profit. Just because you can afford $30 for a VPS doesn't mean a whole lot IMO.

I would be more concerned with them stealing your strategies, tracking your rankings and seeing if what you're doing is effective. Even in that case, I'm not actually concerned, I do so much stuff that isn't on a VPS it would only be part of the story.
  • I'm ultra paranoid as well, but TBH it doesn't get me anywhere. Just try and rank stuff and make the money you want to make. Someone somewhere is always going to be on your tail, stealing your ideas, trying to outrank you, just make your $$ and move on to the next one.
  • @judderman - yeah strange I wasn't always this para!

It was just something I saw and look suspect...

Like you say keep on moving forward and forget about it - they will never have the whole strategy anyway!

One big thing I've learned with SER is - "Not All Keywords are Created Equal"

:D

• I wouldn't worry about it personally.

if they did steal your stuff and tried to run it, less time for them to sell VPS's.

You cant build a business going into 2 different directions.
  • For your peace, why don't you change your VPS provider?
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @IdentifiedURLs you have totally contradicted yourself.

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/17384/best-indexer-at-the-moment-indexing-still-needed#latest

As an indexing service provider myself, I can assure all of my customers that their urls are not tampered with nor resold, this would be immoral and not something I would personally stand for, I would like to think that all service providers follow the same standards however I can not say, like you said, that you are "110% sure" that all or some indexing services do this or not and to be honest it's not my business whether they do this to their customers or not but it's definitely not good practice to do so.

I think you should be certain about a statement like that before you go ahead and say something like that (I'm assuming you are as you have said you're 110% sure) because I could troll you all day long about how selling identified lists' is as pointless as buying a pen with no ink. Anyway, you can moan and groan all you want at me but you'll get no response from me as I've refrained myself from posting on this forum too much to avoid these situations :)!
  • BroMichaelBroMichael United States
    Why would someone making $30-50 a month from approximately 1000 VPS accounts want to 'hi-jack' your GSA SEO strategies? 
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Then tell everyone your niche and how unprofitable it is :D