Skip to content

8.50 bugs

hi,

this is quite urgent (for everyone i guess) as i have 3 pcs running gsa ser and 2 (which are older versions are running fine) but one of them which has problems after i upgraded to 8.50 is messed up.

problems:

1. not building links at all (except for 1-3 url shorteners after an hour)
2. private proxies keep appearing as dead in the "test proxies" when they are working ok on the other 2 computers
3. almost (99.99%) download fails
4. mess up my pc internet access (i cannot access any other web pages when running 8.50 on proxies) and when i stop gsa ser, i can surf internet just fine).

hope the patch can be released soon.

and this problem isnt unique to me, just saw this posted here by a few others. hope sven can sort this out soon. :)

Comments

• I have the same problem even with 8.51 version. Waiting for an answer.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Might need your proxies to debug it.
  • I tried without proxies and the problem is the same.
    what is the same? "download failed" messages?
    for each and every url downloaded or just a few? Check your dns server. It might be down and dns resolving might have failed. Alternative dns server 8.8.8.8
  • I obtain the DNS server address automatically. I changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and it's working.
    Anyway, I wonder how it worked till now with old settings.

In old versions SER was set to let proxies resolve domain. This however was not really a good idea as some proxies do not resolve domain. I changed this as the dns server has to work anyway for SER to work properly. So all domain  resolves are done using your configured DNS server.
  • All right, thanks.
  • Hmm,  Wierd I get the same Download failed on everything as well even when I turn proxies off.  how would I go about changing the DNS  server to 8.8.8.8?

• Thanks,  Guess all mine are already set to 8.8.8.8   :(
  • For the paranoid people you might want to use a dns server which isn't from Google as we are doing blackhat seo: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/a/free-public-dns-servers.htm
    indeed, that 8.8.8.8 just came to my mind as it's easy to remember. I also use some other dns server (not even the one from my ISP).
  • I am getting the same issue, altough my dns is already set to 8.8.8.8, idk what to do as 99% of my submits are "download failed"
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I just posted in @Hunar's thread on download failed that I just set up a new server with SER v8.52 and CB v2.59, and I am hardly seeing any download faileds. For what it is worth gentlemen. 
  • edited May 2014
    I rolled back to 8.44, set up a fresh project but after some time I still get 99% download failed..
  • hi guys, im using 8.5.3 and the problems still persist. with or without proxies. and i got fresh proxies from buyproxies which are all private and fresh.

any resolution to this? my pc has been idle for a few days now from link building....
  • hi @sven my 2 other pcs are running 8.4.X and everything is ok. but this 8.5.x onwards is really problematic.

tried changing dns server to 8.8.8.8 but hardly made a difference.

and when gsa is running, i cannot surf the net on my browser (chrome)

urgent pls help on this! :(
  • i guess i will wait. sven works really hard and everyone needs a break. :)
    @hardcorenuker did you try to check/uncheck the new option to resolve domains through proxies?
  • Sven  which option? you mean i should enable "proxies should resolve domain to ip"?
    yes that one
  • Sven  hi sven i tried that but it still doesnt work. all download fails. and when i run gsa ser with proxies, i cannot load other websites properly in my browser.

same problem.

and my 2 other pcs are running fine on 8.4.X

my vps is sitting idle and it has been days, anyway i can roll back to 8.4.X? i dun have the installer for it.
    If you have problems in your browser it's not a SER issue but a bad router/modem.
  • @sven hi sven, problem is gsa ser is still having a lot of download fails like the previous version. :(
    Im sorry to hear that...Im on it I promise. Though from looking at the code I see nothing wrong really. I hope I find the time today to look into it more cloesely.
  • no problem. :)
  • hi @sven i tried running the latest version without proxies and the same problems exist. i am unable to run gsa ser at all.

the lists i used (i use pre scrape) are running ok on my other gsa ser on 2 other pcs (8.4.x).

and my router and modem is definitely working ok.

just wondering if you are still working on this?