Skip to content

Make GSA 64-bit compatible to remove the 2GB memory limit

2»

Comments

• may be it possibly to store projects data files in gsa directory, not in roaming user directory? Just it help to separate projects - to not have a huge project list in one gsa ranker.

sebo: how i know sven allow only one copy of gsa launched at any time (for one license). So if you need to start gsa on other computer or at other folder - you need to be sure what gsa not launched somewhere else.
  • I know, i need separate licences for that.

I think that possibility to run multiple instances of SER on single machine can be even better solution than x64 build. SER does not scale well beyond 40-50 concurrent projects, x64 probably will not help here.

Currently we can buy or rent machines powerfull enought to handle 3-4 instances of SER+CS. Of course there is problem with CS, we need more than one instance of it to handle 3-4 times more captchas.
  • edited December 2012
    sebo: it why i asked about store project data in gsa main folder, because right now it not will work (only via different users)
    64bit version will be able to use much more of threads, so it really can help.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Impossible and i will not add this as you would get in trouble with search engines blocking you. I know you can use proxies but most people will not and in the end you have more customers complaining than any good about it. Stop bagging, I will not add things like that.
  • edited December 2012
    21.8% of the Windows market the users are still on the damn XP machines. All newer cpu's out today and for 8 years now support 64 bit. 

Fourtunally the time for this will come someday..
  • Hi ,) i am a coder my own .. and i give sven 100% right .. but i have to say i switched some of programms to compile as x64 (some auto submitt tools )  and the memory handling is much better .. so i think it will for sure get some improvement with a x64 compile but ;) iam not the dev and it didn't happen too often to me .. all in all SER is one of the best seo tools out there! in my opinion