Skip to content

"No Engine Matches" Error

Well, before everyone just tells me to search, I have already done it, and I cant seem to iron this issue out. I am using Proxies that are tested and working, they are the same proxies i use with Scrapebox and they work 100%. Every single result that I get on GSA says no engine matches, I'm not sure if it is a setting I am using or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached some screen shots below. 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Sorry without knowing the content of the page downloaded it's hard to tell whats wrong. Maybe the proxies deliver an error text like "authorization wrong" or alike and thats why you still get content, but always the same and wrong one for every site you download. I don't know how scrapebox checks proxies, but to me it sounds like the proxy is the problem after all. Try to disable it for a second and see how it goes.
  • I'm experiencing the exact same problem for the last 2 days. All of a sudden none of my project generated links and on my log screen I see many "no engine matches" and "possible firewall or proxy issue on..."

I tested my proxies couple of time and they seem to work. I use errsy proxies. I sent them a message, maybe they have a problem or something.

Does anyone else ran into this problem?
  • yes, me. switching to yahoo with 75% of projects solved it (and the LPM is beyond good and evil now).

Best regards
  • I tried to use it disabling proxies and I still get the same errors - no engine matches. The strange thing is if I disable always use keywords to find target urls, and disable 1 keyword must be present on site, then I no longer get the error. This of course is useless because now I am building links to irrelevant websites. Not sure where to go from here.

So you use a keyword behind any search, even for platforms not using it originally? Well than you don't have to wonder why no or relatively few targets get found. Keywords are only used for Blog Comments and Trackbacks. You even get a warning when enabling the option you have turned on.

It makes no sense to search for article sites with your keyword on it when you plan to create an article there with your keyword in it. Thats the whole point!

• @Sven, I use a keyword behind any search as well. How else am I supposed to find more targets?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - if we don't add a keyword behind the various footprints, then there will be far too many SER users using the identical sites, since they will all be using the same footprints. This seems like the only way to diversify without editing footprints directly. 
  • whenever you are using "always use keywords" make sure to use very simple one-word-keywords and/or uncheck "put keywords in quotes" so you are getting some results at least.
    test some combinations with a mix of footprints in your browser by hand and decide what might work and what not and act accordingly to the results you are getting.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    @sven Maybe you could make it so that Forum type searches by keyword by default. I assumed it did, like BC and Trackbacks.
    I don't see much use in that.