Skip to content

All Captchas Selected

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited April 2013 in Feature Requests
I run CB with a pretty clean setup. Only attempt captchas above 10%. Simple.

BUT I see there are many unselected captcha types on the list that haven't been selected. 

I think that there should be an option that if you have the platform selected in SER then it should auto select platform in CB. This especially applies to when new platforms or captcha types get added. 

Maybe you can give us an option to "Always Select All New Captchas"

I just don't see the point of these captchas not being selected by default. 

Question 1:
My understanding is that even if you have selected a captcha platform with a low solve rate, the global setting will still ignore these if they are below the % set. i.e if set at 10% even if you select a captcha with a solve rate at 5% it will get ignored. Is this correct?

Question 2:
If you select a platform in SER but for some reason that plaftorm is not selected in CB - what happens? Does CB not try and solve the captcha?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Q1: yes

Q2: it detects the captcha, sees its unchecked...so it skips it

It however makes sens to not check captchas with a very low success rate. It's a wast of resources if you have one with e.g. 10% success rate. And an option to select only captchas used in SER is not needed. If you select all acpatchas it should work just fine. The captcha detection algorithm is clever enough to see what captcha comes in to choose the right type.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - as new platforms get added and new captcha definitions get added I find many of these were also unchecked. I.e. solve rate of 40% etc. 

That's why I was wondering if it doesn't make sense to have new added definitions selected by defaul. Since if the platform is not selected in SER it won't send any of those captcha types anyway! But if you do select the platform in SER and forget to select the captcha type in CB, the submission is skipped which is a waste!! 

So it seems that if they are ALL selected and you have a global ignore below 10% you've not wasted any resources as it doesn't attempt them, but if they are not selected perfectly good submissions get skipped. 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Newly added captcha types are not unchecked.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Strange...I just logged in and found many captchas deselected with a high solve rate. I've now selected all again, but will keep an eye out for this happening again and report back if it occurs.