Skip to content

Error logging in to pop3

fngfng
edited March 2013 in Bugs
Get err authentication failed logging into pop3.

PW has not been changed. After I logon to the pop3 mail account manually (cpanel) the GSA error goes away.

Why is GSA SER getting an error when password has not changed and I am able to logon to email account?.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    So if the login works once in GSA and does not another time (without changing  anything in GSA SER), than it must be some issue on your email account or PC.
  • Doubt is has anything to do with email account because as I said, I am able to use the exact same PW to logon to email account via cpanel.

It is very strange that after I logon via cpanel, GSA SER works OK. Again the pw has not changed in GSA or on POP3 account.
  • More information. After seeing the pop3 email signin  error, I just retyped the same pw that was already in the profile (GSA email verification screen) it started to work again.

This is the scenario. I get the error, I retype the pw in field, it starts to work again.
    Get the error msg again and do the same thing to recover, retype the pw and it starts working again.

I never changed the pw in between the retype and the failure.