Skip to content

GSA SER Crashing

mirenmiren Macedonia
edited January 2013 in Need Help
The new version of GSA SER is not responding after some time. Is this problem just with me?

Comments

• May be unrelated, but when I use the Blogtronix engine mine will freeze up. If you're using it, try unchecking it and see if it still freezes.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @indylinks - Funny you said that...I deselected Blogtronix across all projects because I caught SER gagging on that platform down to zero threads.
  • Hmm,  Yeah I had noticed this too.  I actually had to use the old version 4.99 cause I had noticed it crashing all the time.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Can't be the result of the last version really or cuz of a single engine. How does the crash look like?
  • mirenmiren Macedonia
    @Sven If you want I can send you login information from my server so you can  take a look
  • @Sven, I've had this problem since the Blogtronix engine was added. Generally, SER goes down to zero threads and gets stuck. I hadn't tried it again till the other day, but it happened again 2 more times. It takes a few hours of running for it to appear. After disabling it, no problems.
  • mirenmiren Macedonia
    I have tried disabling Blogtronix and still the same problem with SER. It freezes after some time.
  • @indylinks , well spotted if that is the cause.

I've had a similar issue recently when running just 10 projects, and couldn't work out why. The problem would normally crop up within an hour or so of me starting the projects.

Yesterday, i changed the platforms i was posting to (bloxtronix was one of many deselected), and have now been running 30 projects for the last 12 hours so far without any issue at all.
  • Anytime I select the new "only use if PR is" checkbox it seems to crash after a short while. If I run without it checked, it seems to run fine.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    ok found the issue...fixed in upcoming version. It was the new "Use PR" thing from the captcha system.
  • I have had two crashes in the last 9 hours and I haven't used the 'Use PR' option.

Haven't had a crash in weeks so I'm not complaining! 

• @Brumnick same for me, i don't use the PR option either and still had the crash.

Infact, just done a test earlier. I selected all platforms, and ran projects. They began to deactivate themselves within the hour.

I unticked the platform 'Blogtronix' only, and the projects have been running fine for the last 3 hours......