Skip to content

GSA keeps posting to same domains even when I tell it NOT to.

This is a very irritating issue for me.

I have tried in all possible ways to tell GSA to not post to the same domains. it keeps continuing on doing that.
Example:

I am running from site lists.

I have selected only the wiki engine.

In options  have in "type of backlinks to create": in this i have selected ONY Article-Wiki (because otherwise it creates profiles too, which is understandable).
I have unchecked "allow posting on the same site again". THis should be enough but it didn't work.

I then checked "allow posting on same site again" and then:

Time to wait between two posts: 99999
Maximum posts per account: 1 
Maximum accounts per site: 1

THis also doesn't work, i tried with only 15 threads because i thought it was because of too many threads. For the 100 link I wanted to create it created numerous duplicates, even one with 6 verified links on the same domain.

What can I do to fix this?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    please send me the project backup for a review.
  • Did you have a chance to look at this?
    got one project backup but still was unable to reproduce it. got one other today but as im not in office (it's 22:30 here and weekend) I will continue on it on monday.
  • not able to reproduce it?

damn... I've made 100's of projects and i'm getting it every single time.
    thanks for this very constructive comment.
  • edited August 2014
    I hope you can understand that i'm amazed that you weren't able to reproduce it when i  get this with every project (and yes maybe it's hard to believe but i create 100's of projects daily), tried every settings, numerous versions. You may feel offended but that was definately not my intention, the "100's of projects" was not an exaggeration.
    well it woun't hurt if you provide another backup project. The more of this problem and I can probably see it.
  • No problem, i'll do that

• Hi @Choller, can you screenshot your verified list of ONE project only, to show proof of this problem?

- select a project (just ONE project only)
    - Show URLs -> Verified
    - sort by URL
    - capture screen and show here...

• I've sent Sven several project backups now, the problem still exists after the 8.89 version which was supposed to fix this. Sent another PM to him with some sample URLs, if you guys want to help to get this fixed do the same.

Project backup where the problem appears, including the source list you imported should help a lot to determine where the problem is.
  • Edit: you can get rid of this problem by unchecking 'continuously try to post even if failed before' but obviously you'll lose quite a bit of links, but might be worth if you want to avoid duplicates :)
  • 1linklist1linklist FREE TRIAL Linklists - VPM of 150+ - http://1linklist.com
    TheSeo1 Nailed it!

I would also (Maybe stating the obvious) but make sure you've wiped target-urls from your projects if your duplicating them. It could be your "Master" project has a list already in it, and your importing on top of that.
  • edited September 2014
    FInally found the problem: the original links in the linklist are being redirected.

• @Sven - This most certainly can be an issue. When you have the "continuously try to post" option enabled it completely ignores the "allow posting on same site" values.

I've done numerous tests from setting my default value of 3 accounts / 1 post each to max accounts and posts to only 1 and time to 99999 to completely disabling the option and to no avail. It posts to the same URL multiple times over and over every time it comes up in the url list.

It seems to do this only when the "continously try to post" option is enabled. So obviously the option is to disable it but I would prefer it to retry already parsed urls every time but not to the disadvantage of posting to the same urls over and over.

Just figured I'd post this to help out. If you have this option enabled and re-run lists quite often and only want X amount of accounts/posts you should have a quick look at your project's verified urls and disable it accordingly.
  • Spoke too soon. After a few more hours even disabling the option continues to create mutliple accounts and links. This happens on pretty much all the contextuals I'm looking at but mainly my boINC social network links go crazy as hell. I give up.
  • Exactly same thing here. Especially if you use preloaded accounts (in the .static file) and the accounts appear twice or more on the site then they all get processed.

• ronron SERLists.com
    @Choller - Are you using multiple emails - do you think this may be the issue?
  • edited September 2014
    I am using 2 different catchall emails. Didn't look into email being a possible issue on this.
  • @ron - Thanks for giving me an idea to test.

@Choller and everyone else - I believe I found a workaround, albeit it's not a very good one but better than blasting the same domains over and over when I don't want to.

Do this:
    1) Uncheck "continuously try to post"
    2) Uncheck "allow posting on same site"
    3) Use only 1 email (VERY IMPORTANT)****
    4) DO NOT "delete target url history"

**** I am using a spindat catchall but it's important that it's only 1 email. If you delete target url history it's going to post to the same damn problematic sites again, although possibly if you use only 1 regular email the site will deny registration (this I didn't test).

I've noticed that this happens almost exclusively on the contextual links where it takes http://url.com/profile=xxx or http://url.com/wiki/xxx and switches it to http://url.com/register.php. I've done quite a bit of testing with the above options and you will come across many "main url already parsed" as to where before it would just post again. Obviously I don't like that I can't retry parsed links without geting tons of duplicates but I guess it's what we have to deal with til @Sven fixes this.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @OldFusser - Those 4 points are excellent - I can tell you truly understand this. Great job!