Skip to content

Disavowed Links - Use GSA to make google crawl faster

I got hit  recently with the Penguin  update. I know it wasn't mt tiered links because I haven't linked to my money site yet (I just am building up the tier1s and then later linking to MS). I'm pretty sure it was a link package that I got on BHW, that blasted my moneysite to a bunch of spammy directory sites.ObviouslyI was very stupid to buy the service and use my moneysite. But the damage has been done and I want to clean it up best I can. 

I didn''t get hit with a manual action. It was an algorithmic action. My rankings plummeted on the four pages the directories were pointing to. I thought about trying to email the webmasters and ask them to remove the links but honestly I couldn't imagine doing that for 3000 directory links. So I turn to the Disavow Tool. I already had a list of all the directories. So I stuck them in Scapebox, trimmed to root, and disavowed all at domain level. 

I know that it can take some time for google to implement any new changes (couple of weeks or even until next update)but I was wondering if GSA could push Google to crawl those bad links faster, by setting up a project to blast the links?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Would you buy a tool where you input the URLs + email data + message and the tool would try to find an email for that admin and email him?

Could be really useful for any SEO guy having problems with latest g. updates.

• I would. I want to email the webmasters first and then lastly disavow any links I couldn't get removed.

I'd like to be able to imort an excel file that has the rootdomain , the url of the link and the ancor text. then the tool could change the email to reflect the different information.

Dear webmaster,
    Sadly I have been hit by the recent google updates. I don't think it is your site that is the problem but just to be safe I'd like to have the link (link url) with the ancor text (ancor text) removed.I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact me as I will be disavowing any links that I can't have removed and I'd hate for that to reflect poorly on your website.
  • In all honesty, I'd let it sit for a couple of weeks before you hit the panic button.
  • easypeasyeasypeasy easypeasy.rocks

you guys are great. first you are using spam in a careless way. then you are helping google to identify our links. and I guess in a couple of days it's time to open a new thread, complaining that google is a bitch and gsa ser stopped working. 

just retarded.

• @easypeasy - When you say 'guys' I'm going to assume that you were referring to me as well?

If so you should know that I've never disavowed a site in my life, and have in fact spoken out against it in this very forum.

I was just telling the OP to let the dust settle before they make any rash decisions. Nothing else.

Lighten up dude....
  • edited October 2014
    @easypeasy That's why I posted the question here. If I'm going to hurt other people using GSA I wouldn't do it. But the links I'm speaking of were done by a bad BHW service (that I take responsibility for choosing). Not GSA.  You think that using the disavow tool in any way is basically snitching on everyone else?

@2Take2- You're right. I am panicking a bit. I'm pretty sure that I got hit but it wouldn't hurt to wait a couple of weeks before doing anything.

@2Take2: nobody was meant personally. if you're feeling addressed - your problem =) just messing with you, sorry. i didn't meant anyone personally. maybe some people are feeling addressed and thinking about their behaviour.

@bokeboke: what do you think was that bhw service using ? gsa ser most likely. in general: giving google any other information than the stuff written on your site is just plain stupid. but that's what 99.9% of the internet 'marketeers' are. you (guys) are serving google data on a silver platter.
    if you aren't stupid and have some balls, drop that site and start a new one (or better: 10). i mean, what do you think ? google caught you trying to manipulate the serps. now you use the disavow tool and everything's fine again? come on. they know now you're a spammer. so act like one and not like a sissy =) 

• @easypeasy - I would imagine with more negative SEO being used that google can't really take that approach anymore. Maybe they'll go back to pre-penguin days where links just had zero value but couldn't penalize you. 

@bokeboke: haha, show me any period since 1999 where links had zero value =) no matter how hard they are trying to hide this simple fact from you, it's the core of googles algorithm.

i doubt they are caring much about neg seo. it's hard (impossible) to neg seo a true authority. all others can use adwords then =)

• Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited October 2014
    If you've been using an automated tool to build up your sites' authority and rank. Don't use the disavow tool, you must be joking, right?

If you have a 10 year old perfectly built business website that got hit and seems to be unjustified, then try fixing any issues, yes. disavow, reconsideration request etc...

Sorry if I have the complete wrong end of the stick here but I've only skimmed through this thread and saw "disavow google tool" being mentioned, I cringe when I see that phrase being mentioned on a blackhat forum.. Can you imagine if someone who uses these link list services which are on this forum, decides to share those targets/backlinks with google? Lol, you'd screw all and every single person  who uses those lists. Just saying.

It is very important to farm your own lists for this reason.

I do not wish to tarnish any link list services on here but... purchasing lists is not the future of link building, sure it may give you 10 billion LPM and you might have a big smile on your face when you see the verifieds per day, but you must think about this... so does 50 or 100 or 1000 other people that has got their hands on the same lists.

You buy a list, you pass it onto your buddies, your buddy passes it on to someone else etc etc, its a vicious circle, I've had so many people ask me for my link list and I kindly refuse, what is the point? if you're using the same targets as your friend or foe, you'll tank just like them when your targets get devalued, simple.

When working with automated link building tools, especially SER, you need to focus on its' strong points, which is, it builds links extremely fast, in abundance, which also means you can create alot of authority over a period of time, it's not instant, but it will still work, but building your own private reliable source lists is just as viable as building a PBN, buying lists will turn any built site you create, into a churn and burn trash site.

Besides, everyone and their mother who subscribes to list selling services, receives the same lists as everyone else, imagine 100 people spamming the shit out of these sites in the period of a month, these domains that you are blasting are no doubt going to get penalised by google, it will be much more difficult to index links from those domains too, you think google will index 200,000 new posts/pages from single domain in a month? Highly unlikely.

Your own scraped lists, requires a little time and patience but is far better than following a crowd like sheep. I'm not saying this is the only factor, but purchasing lists that is available to anyone and everyone is a catalyst for disaster.
    very well said Tim89. i can only agree.
  • 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2014
    I do not wish to be a dick but.......

I wondered how long it was going to be before some idiot tried to make the connection between link lists and the latest update.

Couldn't have guessed who it was going to be either....

• KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    Always the same singing ...

Allow several web site, use different technique on each. So you will always have one of them on top.
  • @bokeboke one of thee number 1 reasons penguin took so long to roll out again is due to negative seo factors. You're using spammy links pretty sure you knew once you started trying to rank the consequences of that.. There are other options out there than saying hey google,.. heeey look at me! Make a few new sites and do some testing see which approach fairs best!

• 1. Disavowing links hurts Black Hats everywhere.

2. If you spammed a business site, you gotta do what you gotta do, but you never should have spammed it in the first place.

edited October 2014
    @2Take2 I don't wish to tarnish your reputation as a seller of lists but I'm far from being an 'idiot'.

I have given my opinion on the matter on a forum which is what a forum is meant to be all about and you're directly insulting me lol, you need to grow up little man, I did not point fingers this forum houses several list sellers, I simply stated what should be visible to a blind person, over saturation of the same targets is an easy sign for google and other search engines to pick up on, you don't need an IQ of 131 to pick that up for gods sake.

If a target site is being spammed several thousand times a month possibly even more, google will manually check the site out to see if these millions of new posts that are being indexed worthy within the index.

For gods sake, if there is a crowd of people hanging around a shop front constantly, you will obviously take a look.

Building your own list will severely lower the spam on your target, especially if you create your own custom footprints, I'm not deeming public lists useless, churn and burn is fine but do not expect to stick around when a sitelist is being made public and you are utilising these lists to hold rankings, PUBLIC blog networks die for this very reason and you can not argue this matter.

As I said, I was not pointing fingers and I don't understand why you thought it was necessary to call me an 'idiot' because I'm being logical.

• 2Take22Take2 UK
    edited October 2014
    @Tim89, you're a funny guy...

Just so as we're clear, when used as a noun, the word 'idiot' has as much to do with someone's behaviour as it does their intellect or abilty to be logical - just because you're one, doesn't negate the fact that you can also be the other, or even all three at the same time.

You can dress it up how you want, but [for whatever reason?] you decided to come onto a thread that had no mention of using (or disavowing) publically sold lists and launched into some massive irrelevant rant, basically bashing ours and everyone else's services in the process.

I've no idea why, and I don't really care, but the fact remains that the whole thread was about links that the OP bought from a vendor on BHW, and didn't even mention SER anyway. :-/

If you'd made the statements in a thread about lists being detrimental to SER then I wouldn't have even said or thought anything of it, but perhaps we should try to keep it on topic as you were clearly on a wind up?

edited October 2014
    I'm not going to battle you about this as it will end up in a petty ding dong battle and I have some respect for the members of your team, so I'm going to leave it as that.

I don't appreciate being called an idiot though, considering I was not directing my opinions to you or any other link list service.
  • I'm sorry for bringing this up. I didn't think that I would be hurting anyone else by disavowing the links from the directory service. I've  decided to wait a bit and if things don't change I'll just move the content to a new domain and start from scratch instead of disavowing any links. I emailed the guy from the BHW service and asked him if he used GSA or another software thinking that if he did he could simply delete the links easy enough. But he told me they didn't (which I don't believe but he probably didn't keep the project file).

To be honest , while other forums have helped me learn a lot this forum's members are far and above the most helpful. I've gotten so much free information here that the last thing I wanted to do was hurt anyone else's efforts or start an argument.
  • Just to bring this back on topic. @bokeboke‌ perhaps I missed something but you mentioned that you had done very little link building to the website as of yet except for the directory links.

You are considering the disavow tool which will take a huge amount of effort and time and is not recommended by this forum.

Why not just switch the content to a new domain? It would be a whole lot quicker and you are not really loosing out as you haven't done much link building?
  • Just today I read this threads, and I only can agree with @Tim89 for the fact that on a public forum everyone should feel free to share their own ideas, for just the purpose of, maybe, help somebody else or ask suggestions.

But nowadays many people is in this forum mostly for sell something than for just talk about our Seo or Ser problems.

When a day I made a post with criticism to a VPS, soon I got private messages from my provider, who was not so happy.
    When another day I made a post about a proxy service, soon I got replies from that provider....

I don't want to say names nor I'm not referring to 2Take2 who is a kind guy that often helps other people here, just I'd like to remember to everybody that the first purpose of the forum is to talk together and to share problems or ideas, later.... maybe.. do businesses.

Imho.

>:D<
  • edited October 2014

"I do not wish to be a dick but......."

My new signature for 2015!  Made me laugh. :-j

I will never use a Disavow tool (almost did in 2013 but never pulled the trigger).

I wish I could submit a Disavow file for my competition.  That would be sweet.