Skip to content

My site doesnt rank.. even if I send tons of backlinks

Hi dear GSA members.

My site doesn't rank even if I sent alot of backlinks, been doing this for a week now.. it was on rank 34 now its rank 55.. Any suggestions? Im using GSA SER,GSA CB, GSA Indexer. Maybe mine indexer is bad? ty for help guys. 

My niche has 9000 search per month.   I have many nofollow links.. it may be the problem?

Comments

• try to build more contextual dofollow links
  • What do you mean by build? Thats not a huge difference between dofollow and nofollow
  • grax1grax1 Professional SEO, UK | White Label SEO Provider
    You should switch from "week-mode" to "month-mode" and don't expect quick results, SEO has change a lot and right now, in my personal experience what matters is quality + time and not the ability to blast as many links as possible. (some people may disagree)
  • Sure I will wait for 1 month and still blast backlinks. But in ahrefs it says that I only got 3,5 k backlinks when there is like 20 000 verified links:S..   btw can you explain the "quality"?
  • GSA indexer is not the best indexer, why don't you try something like instant link indexer, I am using theincredible indexer, price is amazing for what you get.
  • How do you build high quality backlinks?
  • easypeasyeasypeasy easypeasy.rocks
    and ahrefs has nothing to do with what google is 'seeing'. 
  • It doesn't? It says 3.6 k backlinks and I belivie that :) dunno how I can check my backlins on other ways
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    edited September 2014
    What's your on-page SEO like? Often when i review sites that are struggling to rank it's because the on-page is not as good as it could be. I would like at that first and make sure it's on point and then after look at the backlink profile.
  • @gooner is there an on page guide that we can follow. I've been doing SEO for some years now but i feel like my on page tehniques are kind of outdated. Do we require silos or just some good internal linking will do? What about the keyword percentages?

Thanks in advance!
  • @gooner whats the best on page seo analyzer? Whats are your recommendation in which web auditor tools that are available out there?
    edited September 2014
    @Molex - Common sense is the best analyzer. Sometimes my clients run their sites through those type of tools and send me the results. 90% of the time if i followed the advice the site would be over-optimised. The worst thing about that is over-optimisation penalties are very subtle, you could lose 20 - 50 places in the serps and you have no real way of knowing that you've been penalised.

Here's a couple of quick tips for you guys:

Less is more in terms of on-page SEO. Don't worry about keyword density, write for the audience not the bots and focus more on including keywords in headings as part of a sentence. So for example, if your keyword was "best lawyer New York" a good heading might be: "7 tips to help you find the best lawyer in New York".

Did you notice that sentence does not even contain my exact keyword? It doesn't have to, it contains a variation of it and that's good enough.

Then write a few paragraphs on that topic and include a few mentions of "lawyer" and "new york". Maybe "NY", "attorney" and other LSI keywords too. This shows relevancy and should prevent you from over-optimising for one particular keyword phrase.

Internal Linking is important too, if you are not silo'ing then be sure to include plenty of internal links. 1 - 3 per article is good. Make the link as a relevant sentences - In the same manner as the headings. Link out to relevant content on authority sites every now and then too (Don't always link to a Wiki page like everyone else does lol).

Use alt tags for images with long-tail versions of your keywords and try to write as many words as possible with many LSI keywords. This gives you a great chance to rank for long-tail keywords without even targeting them directly.

@comanscm - We produced an on-page guide that was bundled with a recent list, i'll PM you some info a little later.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    @gooner will that on-page guide be going out to serlist subscribers like the other guides? I wouldn't mind having a read ;)
    @kevin127 ahrefs has nothing to do with google. ahrefs has its own crawler and since they don't have the resources google has it's very unlikely that they are crawling the web as well as google does. that's why they are only finding a part of your actual backlinks. depending on the platform that will be more or less. with some platforms ahrefs is really having issues. ahrefs is only good for giving you a rough estimation of the actual backlinks a site has.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    edited September 2014
    How many links are you building in total? What keyword ratios are you using? What are you actively doing to index these backlinks? How many tiers are you building? What link types are you selecting?

Many variables to consider, only a couple catalysts for ranking speeds though.

So many people over think their on page strategies, sure, it would help to have a perfectly silo'd trim website but honestly, you could rank anything for anything, just requires the right off page strategy.

Although, I have ranked for keywords which are for very untapped niches with good on page seo, but there isn't much money in them to even bother wasting time creating them.

If your site requires link building after you've created the "perfect on page" website, then it'll be the same effort to simply concentrate moreso on your off-page(linkbuilding);
    edited September 2014
    @MorphMan - I'll send it to you in a bit mate.

BTW guys the op had dup content, hence his problems.
  • MorphManMorphMan British Expat lost in S.E Asia
    Cheers @gooner‌
  • Whats the best quality backlinks? Edu gov and what more?

it's far from 'quality', but stick with the contextual (article/social network) links. platforms that are giving you a contextual backlink that sticks on the same url and doesn't roll off the frontpage like with guestbooks.

i don't want to talk bad about gsa ser, but we have to face the truth. during the last 12-18 months more and more people joined the gsa community. that's good and bad at the same time. good because more people are getting involved, more people are developing other things around gsa ser. bad because (unexperienced) people are really raping the platforms gsa is supporting. take drupal as an example, you were able to generate links from thousands of unique domains 'easily'. same with the 'shownews' platform. i think it was more in the tens of thousands than in the thousands with that platoform. buddypress would be another example. what happened ? the developers raised the security with their systems. how many drupals are you able to post to now ? a few hundred maybe, and most of them are abandoned and spammed to death installations. not what I would consider a 'quality backlink'. =)

so don't expect to get 'quality' backlinks from gsa ser. use some buffers like suggested above. and I would strongly recommend that you begin investing into some kind of blog network.

seo in 2014/2015 is about haven big balls and bank accounts, not big servers.

• I dont know really what you mean by quality. I can scrap links easy from GScraper . I need to know some examples of what quality backlinks are
  • First, I agree that a week is not much time. But to answer your question, I would consider high quality links to be those coming from either a web page (like maybe a blog network site you control) or a web 2.0 page that have a page authority in the 30-50 range, that is relevant to your niche or topic.  Also, be careful with blasting your money site, you may be sending too many links.  

Another high quality link would be a no-follow link coming from a high Domain Authority (90-100) site like Youtube (in the video description usually or channel). Again I think it helps if the page is relevant to your topic. 

The rules of thumb I follow are:
    If you are going to blast with keyword money anchors, push them to a high domain authority site with a no-follow link (ie Youtube). 

If you have a high DA Dofollow keyword link back to your money site - only hit that link with brand links or misc links (click here)

If you have a high DA Dofollow link that is a brand link or misc link that links back to your money site, its okay to hit with GSA keyword anchors

Also I agree with easypeesy  about the blog network and about gsa for quality links, its not a tool for that. For me its a spam tool and link sculpting tool. That said, the more updates and security measures, the higher our value as SEO goes :D.

About the onsite, I still like silo sites, so kevin127, you may want to create a silo site or a topic page but don't over optimize.  Check out uber suggest and do a keyword search and use their suggestions as silo category pages or use them as topic page indicators... 

:D
  • what i will say in respect of your complain is that not building or blasting tons of links that really matters, what  is  of importance is how quality are those links what you should start dong right now is to start building link tiers on those link in order to boost it power on your tier 1 links  and also you should give it time say a month or so
  • @easypeasy I agree somewhat, but the same goes for Xrumer and all other tools, and these newbs are only killing themselves not the rest of us. None of my links are made using anything default. All footprints are modified, all content within SER is modified. It takes forever but it's worth doing to separate yourself from the newbs that but the SER Machine Gun and all they hit is a penalty. 

@JudderMan  yes, i didn't want to say gsa ser is useless. but you also can't compare it with xrumer. the barrier to make it run is much higher compared to gsa ser. first of all it costs 6 times as much which is already enough to keep most noobs out. which doesn't mean there aren't tons of noobs with xrumer out there =) then you need decent lists to get anything out of xrumer. xrumer will not help you with that. compared to that, gsa ser is able to scrape on its own, so it's very easy to run campaigns even with zero knowledge. another problem are all those list sellers. there are some lists out there that will make it hard to hit much more domains than those included in the list without heavy modding of gsa ser.

this all might sound like I think those tools are dead or close to dead. don't get me wrong here, but it's about the strategy. if you are on the hunt for 'quality' backlinks, gsa ser and xrumer are definitely the wrong tools in my opinion. everybody should face it: even if people on forums are talking about 'quality' and 'you should raise the quality settings in gsa', the links gsa ser creates are pure spam. they will never be 'quality'. no matter how high the pr of the target domain is, no matter if you are using handwritten or generated content for every article - it remains spam. beside all the benefits spam has, it has some serious drawbacks too =). so don't expect your sites ranking rock solid for years when using those tools. if that's intention gsa ser/xrumer might be the wrong tools.