Skip to content

File Types in the Projects Folder

edited August 2012 in Need Help
What types of files are these in my projects folder? I cant opent them for some reason but they look like projects that Im working on.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Thats like asking what books are laying on your table; how could I know what files you mean?
  • lol ok sorry!

In my projects folder there are files there. They arent text files they dont even have a file extension but the title of the files are titles of the projects Im working on.

I made two of them .txt files to see what was in it and there are a bunch of sites. Should I make all the rest text files as well!

Its in my "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\GSA Search Engine Ranker\projects" folder

• Dont edit the extensions. If you want to open one, right click and choose open with > notepad.

They store varies bits of info and are regularly accessed by GSA. Eg one might be 'hosts_done'. This saves top level domains already processed by the project. When it encounters a url, it will check it against this list 1st to see if its already been processed.
    Others save account data etc.

So by all means be nosey and look throught them, but dont mess with the extensions. Or the content unless you are sure you know what you are doing.
  • Ouch! How do I changed the two text files back to what they were? Right now the two files I changed to .txt are still .txt
  • Actually I didnt change the extension I choose to open with Notepad option thing is they are still shown as notepad in that folder

• OzzOzz
    edited September 2012
    If you don't have renamed or edited and saved them, than everything should be fine. Just close your files without saving.

I have to repeat m3ownz and shout it out loud:

So by all means be nosey and look throught them, but dont mess with the extensions.

Unless you have no real clue - DO NOTHING. 
    If you know your shit - BACKUP FIRST.

• Appreciate quick turn around with the help on this forum

Thanks

• You're welcome.