Skip to content

Questions About List Priority

I'm not scraping SE's. I have my projects set to pull links form 2 global lists.

My question is this. If I import target urls to a project will it go through all those before pulling from the global lists?

If I have the above setup and DO scrape SE's will SER scrape randomly, or wait until it has exhausted the imported urls and global lists?

Comments

• First question, yes.

Second question, SER should first get links by scraping, then it'll go through imported urls, and finally it'll use global lists.

Btw. you should know that a project can never exhaust the global lists. It's always pulling random links from a global list, and it'll never know when and if all urls has been ran.
  • fakenickahl Thanks!

I suspected that about global lists (not running out). With older versions I would receive the "no targets" "important message" when running global lists, but that hasn't happened over that past several updates.
  • fakenickahl I'm having the problem with "no targets to post to" errors. I have two global site lists chosen (massive), and I imported target urls. I figure the error came after going through the imported target urls, but I've cleared the error and it keeps popping back up. Do you have any insight on this?