Skip to content

Getting: Sorry but this program can only be started once

Hi Guys,

GSA Ranker is a great piece of software, I have a problem, I run a very powerful dedicated server

and I try to get the maximum usage by having different accounts running GSA, but since the new updates, Im getting:

Sorry but this program can only be started once

So only one instance can be started on one user, is there a way to fix this problem?

Thx, Peter

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    There is nothing to fix. Thats how it works. It is just a one instance program, one start per license.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @Sven what if a user has purchased multiple licenses does this mean they would be able to do the above and it would work?
    still would not work. One PC = one license.
  • @Sven

You forced everybody to increase cost if it work like that. You can allow one instance per license (not one pc per licence).

Imagine that if anyone have a strong dedicated server, they have also bought multiple licenses, they have rights to run multiple instances. Please think about your customers, they are a piece of your success.

Thanks and best regards
    I don't see a real reason to run multiple instances. It's the majority where problems witjh search engines come from as no timing can be synchronized. And yes it's a lot abuse coming from this as well where people sell VPS logins/accounts to others. Say thanks to those guys but we had to disable it.
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    @sven I never used to do this anyway so no change in my workflow... But... If someone was to purchase 5 SER licenses as they were planning to use all 5 licenses on 1 machine (powerful dedi) to cut costs on single vps then they can't do this anymore... That's unfortunate lol.
  • @Sven
    What the difference from multiple instances and multiple VPS? 
    For example
    1. I have 5 licenses and can run with 5 users (instances) on only a VPS (maybe a dedicated) with private proxies. (each users seperate data)
    2. I have 5 licenses too and i must bought 5 VPS to run it with proxies too.

You can see that option 2 increasing the cost so much for us, instead of spent money to VPS, we can buy more licenses. It bring both benefit for GSA and customers together. Please think about that.

Thanks and Best Regards
  • it's not really an instance per license now but rather one machine is to one license.

To use 5 licenses, you are better off getting a high end specs dedicated server and split into 5. Don't forget to include windows license fee for it.

I don't think a vps is powerful enough to handle 5 ser running at the same time.

But still, it also means that you need to purchase more proxies now since they have a limit to the number of ip authentication
  • drive777drive777 Australia
    hi guys, I have purchased GSA Search tool and then downloaded a trial 5 days version of Captcha Breaker..tested and could no connect from my laptop, then transferred it to my server ..where it says that only one copy can be run....how can I test it on server? as I tried to delete and install it again with no success..

Also I tried to use Captcha Snipper and there are problems with error "can't login" but when I test internally fro captcha snipper..alll works..please advise
    thanks
    @drive777 replied by email
  • sehatsehat Indonesia
    Hi @Sven, I'm having the same problem right now. I'm using a VPS and forgot to renew it, now I want to re-install with a new VPS, but a notification like this appe@Sven gain "Sorry but this program can only be started once"

Do I, who is a monthly VPS user, always have to buy a license every time I switch VPS?
    Is there no other solution?

Thank you
    no, of course you can install the program on a new system and use there with the same license. However, if you get a message that the version is running already, it's that system it runs on...check taskmanager.