Skip to content

More than one url per project?

On the Data tab, it asks for url. I chose the index page url of my website. But I have other urls that are for specific types of products on other urls. Can the url box contain multiple urls or would I need to create another project for a different url? On the same subject, when inputing the url for my spun article in Article Manager, should I spin the url itself to include other urls on my website, not just the home page? I am spinning the anchor text only right now while using my home page for the url.
Thanks,

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Yes you can add as many URLS as you need to the URL field. You can click the edit field and add them continually or you can import them via a text file with one URL per line.

If you want to assign anchors to each URL you would use the following format:

This is covered in tutorial videos.

It's up to you if you want to spin your website URLS in the article, if you're targeting different pages you can do that.

You want to make sure you have a good grasp on SEO before you begin your campaign or test on some dummy URL's to get the hang of it.

• Thank you for your response. When I try to add another url by clicking "Edit" and then "Add Url" then typing in the url into the text box that pops up, the new url just replaces the old url. How do I get it to add another url rather than just replacing the existing one with the new one that I am adding.
    Thanks,

• Please disregard my last question. I see now that it is putting the urls in the drop down box.
  • @s4nt0s‌
    Hi i am now following your method on more than 1 url..
    But one thing.. If we use that method. Should we not tick the partial anchor text, secondary anchor text, brand name, naked url, generic and the rest? Because there is Already an anchor text in the data url?

Is this correct?
  • I just want to confirm this.. Thank you i hope some pro gsa users like @ron @Tim89‌ and others could suggest help..
  • Molex, I thought that the partial anchor text and secondary anchor text had more to do with the anchor text line rather than the urls that were inserted at the top. Is that not so?
    @moley - The anchors you assign to your URLs using the method mentioned above could be considered your primary anchors. 

Partial match, secondary, branding and all of those other fields would use the anchors you assign there. You can mix in any of those options and it would be fine. Domain as anchor, citation, anchor varitations, etc.
  • @Molex @s4nt0s is the original SER pro user
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    exactly as @s4nt0s and @davbel said.. nothing much to add.
  • So the laser target anchor/keywords you want to rank are on the data url which is the method above...

Then for the partial, secondary branding and all those fields next to it are your secondary keywords /anchor text support to the targeted keywords that we want to rank?

Abc.com/paydayloan#{paydayloan|paydayloan 1|best paydayloan}
    Abc.com.com/fatlos#{FATLOS|fatlost 1|best fatlost}

Partial {paydayloan|fatlos}
    Secondary {best paydayloan|how to paydayloan|when to fatlos|best fatlos}

Something like this?
  • I had the same question this is awesome. Thanks for answering it guys!

@Molex That looks right to me, can we get some confirmation on that? @davbel @s4nt0s

My only other question would be what about the articles and other text fields. Sure the anchor text and URL will match, but if it's in a contextual platform and you have an anchor for dog collars and the article is about dog food, won't that be a little weird?
  • @silverdot thanks for that =)
    glad i did something right in my settings.

now how about the anchor variation settings what are you following? whats the %?
  • @Molex Man, me and you are on the same war path here. I just randomly searched for  anchor text distribution and found some recent links. Nothing really hardcore, solid percentages. Seems impossible to find. I guess because it just varies so much from person to person. I just know they have to be varied A LOT. Most of the stuff I'm finding through Google is from 2012/13. Even tried looking for some diagrams. Let me know if you find anything. Anchor text is huge and I messed it up pretty bad my first go around. 

I still want to find out about assigning specific anchor text to a URL in relation to contextual platforms. I still don't get how that all works. 
  • okay check this out.. i based this on @ron guides with their serlists that i have purchased..

this is my personal settings.. kinda rought on the edges right there but seems okay for me..

• @silverdot, re:" Anchor text is huge and I messed it up pretty bad my first go around. "
    I still am not completely sure about what I'm doing. Could you please describe how you messed it up and what you should have done? I'm thinking there may be some good in there regarding learning from the mistakes of others.
  • @velsytetra I basically did the opposite of variation. I only had 5 words and made all my backlinks with those words. My thought process was the more links I have with my keywords to more targeted my backlinks would be. So I basically checked none of those options in the screen shot above.
  • going back to silverdot 's original question of you have articles about dog food and the anchor text is about dog collars, would this make a difference to SEO?
  • well we better wait for the experts to  comment about this...

i guess they should share some tricks in their bags even just for some time =)
  • @silverdot, I may be making the same mistake. I don't have any secondary anchor text, and I only have one spun partial anchor. And I don't see how LSI anchors are different from the other anchors. I have about 50 keywords and I can't think of more keywords to put into the partial, secondary, and LSI areas because I'm putting everything I can think of in the keyword area. I read the tips and listened to a Woodward video, but I still don't understand why I would put something in secondary, partial and LSI if I can just put them in the keyword area. Any advise?
    Thanks
  • @velsytetra The keywords filed is for searching for targets to post to. The others are for actual anchor text. Another tip, stop watching Matthew Woodward. He'll just sell you products and services. Watch the videos here in the forum under the thread by Sven/Ozz

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/comment/84393#Comment_84393

@William88 @molex I can't wait for someone to answer this question either. Seems pretty important. Suprised it's not addressed more often, or maybe I just missed it.

@ron @Tim89 @s4t0s @davbel

My only other question would be what about the articles and other text fields. Sure the anchor text and URL will match, but if it's in a contextual platform and you have an anchor for dog collars and the article is about dog food, won't that be a little weird?
  • Yeah.. So lets wait if they will comment on this.
  • I've started to watch the Sven/Ozz videos. But, in the meantime, I duplicated all my keywords into the partial and secondary anchor texts. Somehow, this doesn't make sense. I still don't really understand what the anchor text is being used for. Is it being used to look up potential sites for backlinks, like keywords are? Or are they used as choices for anchor text that SER leaves for me? Or are they for looking up anchor text on other sites that may be potentials for leaving a backlink? Any insight?
    Thanks,
  • Where are their videos? :-w
  • I just watched one of the Sven/Ozz videos that made anchor text a lot clearer. Now I realize that they are just the anchor texts that I would want to show up on a backlink when it is posted with my url. I screwed this up so bad that I have no idea how it could have figured out any anchor text to leave at all. But now, I think I am okay.
  • I guess no one is going to answer my question. I tried to make a new thread about it, but never mind I guess. I'll figure it out.
    :-?
    Which question are you asking @silverdot

Do you mean, "My only other question would be what about the articles and other text fields. Sure the anchor text and URL will match, but if it's in a contextual platform and you have an anchor for dog collars and the article is about dog food, won't that be a little weird?"

In your question above, dog collars and dog food are still related to the dog niche so that's not too big of a deal imo. What you don't want is to have your website and anchor about dog collars and then an article about weight lifting. (unless you have a weight lifting dog)

Dog collars, dog beds, dog food, exercising your dog, dog breeds, etc etc are all related. If you're promoting an internal page that is specific to dog food, having an article on dog food would be ideal, but you can still achieve good results by using articles that are just related and not exact. 

In the end just go with what you're comfortable with. 
  • edited July 2014
    @S4nt0s THANKS!

I didn't think it would be a big deal. I knew those type of results would be optimal, but if it's in the same niche good enough.

MIND BLOWN!!!
    edited July 2014
    lol I wasn't talking about anchors, I was talking about the article itself. Anchors are the text that is linking directly to your site, I was referring to the surrounding text in a contextual article. 
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @silverdot & @velsytetra @Molex - I was away on vacation and just saw this. Looks like you guys were having a lot of fun, lol.

Let me try to hit some of the questions and give you my take:

I like combining URLs into a single project typically if they are a bundle of interior pages on the same website promoting essentially the same type of product. Say that I had health supplement website, and I offered 4 products in the colon cleanse niche. It would probably make sense to pool all of these together in one project.

But you still need to understand how to do it:

1) You do everything as @s4nt0s specified, crafting the primary anchors in the URL lines for each specific page.

At this point you have to be sure to understand that your 'other' anchor text fields like secondary, LSI, branding, partial, etc. - are used properly to create anchor diversity. However, you must also understand that whatever you put in these fields will be used by all URLs listed in the project.

Therefore, you understand that these other anchors need to be generic enough to fit all 4 colon cleanse products, yet be as niche specific as possible. The odds are (in real life) most articles would connect your website using some partial match or LSI type phrase anyway. Rarely would it ever be the exact match anchor (in real life).

Partial, Secondary, Branding, LSI || Generic, Domain - I was there at the beginning with this section. Sven asked me what I would do for these 'other anchors', and I remember telling him that these are the ones I would want for my linkbuilding (Partial, Secondary, Branding, LSI) - so I feel very responsible for this one.

I would view this section as your opportunity to hand craft exactly what type of links you wish to build, and in the exact proportions that you specify. You could just say that you have 4 different types of anchors you want to use, and just stick them in whichever field you feel like choosing. No one cares, and that is perfectly fine.

Regardless of whatever you plan on doing, you want your anchor text strategy well thought out. The vast majority of your anchor texts will be in these four 'other' anchor text categories. So you want to plan ahead of time which anchors you also would like linked to your website. On important websites or pages I want ranked (which is pretty much every page I put up, lol), it really matters what anchors I use with all of my links. I want to know ahead of time exactly what types of links GSA SER will build for me.

I guess it doesn't matter how you split hairs and define the difference between secondary anchor text vs. LSI anchor text - or any other category. Just be consistent for your own sake how you will use these fields. It will just make your life easier.