Skip to content

Out Of Memory problem

2»

Comments

• As mentioned to me in another thread, if you 'lean' out your SER and use %macros% then it causes higher RAM usage due to it reading the disk more. So it depends if you have lots of RAM or CPU problems. If RAM, then add content to your SER, if you have CPU problems, use macros.

conehead - I have varying sized prj files, can't be bothered to list them TBH as there's so many :)

Gooner are all 7 dedis from the same provider now?
  • goonergooner SERLists.com
    @judderman - Good advice mate, yea all 7 dedis from GreenCloud. The French and Dutch servers are awesome, American not so much tho. 
  • Just got out of memory error with 1.4 GB memory usage, 2000 threads, 5 projects. Its normal? I didnt get such errors  with 8.48, 8.5X.

• I also have a dedi from Greencloud. Still get this problem all the time though.
  • edited July 2014
    Have the memory error daily. Happens since ver 8.68 (that I know of) Tried lowering threads to less than 100 and cut number of projects running in half and no luck. Goes up to 3.1 gb mem use and stays there, then error
  • edited July 2014
    With 8.71 i can run 2000 threads
    With 8.48 i think max 800 threads
    Stats (DPM, LPM) are similar and thats strange.
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    edited July 2014
    I not have this problem but I noticed that the ram swelled as there was any timeout. 
    Is it possible that someone who this problem disables all the external service for test ? 

External service like that:

Service captcha / indexing ...

• KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    "there was any timeout" want says "retard"
  • One of the latest updates seems to have fixed this problem for me.
  • I'm still having constant problems, even with 10 projects and 300 threads. CPU is constantly maxing out.

Time to get a new server tomorrow and rebuild my projects from scratch, I think. Hopefully that helps.