Skip to content

Get rid of error

How can i get rid of this error ?

Comments

• Shut down SER and reopen, it should clear the backlog/cache. I've found that if you changed from submitting to verified and back it clogs up RAM and gives you these errors. If you let SER automatically verify, it's gonna cause a smaller RAM issue for longer - I verify manually (active V) and don't get this error message as much (as long as I shut down and restart after changing back to Active).
  • JudderMan thanks for suggestion, but this is not the case i guess.

First of all I'm using automatic link verify. 
    Secondly I'm restarting my SER once a day.
    Thirdly I gave 16 Gb RAM and I never seen more than 12 GB used, ( have other tools running also ) 

So I'm really not sure what can cause this error...

@Sven  ?
  • SER gets shakey above 3GB RAM used as it's a 32bit system.

Look at ways of optimising your set up, like using %spinfolder% macro for all content. Loads of tips on here from ron, gooner and others. If all else fails, lower your threads.
  • edited July 2014
    @JudderMan, by the way, Sven said that using macro saves RAM, but at the cost of overall speed. Did you noticed any decrease in speed on your SER installs when you switched from in-project content to separate files and folders?
    Also, do you have HDDs or SSDs on your servers? Because I guess having SSDs won't have much of an impact and its ideal way to go (SSD + spinfile-ing/spinfolder-ing)
  • @Nikodim I haven't seen Sven mention that before, but thanks for letting me know, I guess in my experience that I saw a marked increase in speed when using macros compared to content within SER and a decrease in RAM usage. However, if it means there is more disk reading then I think it depends on how much content you hold in SER compared to on your desktop/Dropbox where the macro pulls from. I will test this and put the files  from Dropbox on the desktop and see if it makes any difference but in MY experience, I had tonnes of content in SER and it slowed it down like a dead dog.

That said, I have four dedicated servers that are completely overkill for SER but at the time of swapping over to macros, I had a VPS, so with the shift to dedis and macros, the speed increase was huge but it could have just been the dedi vs VPS. For preference, I like the fact I can add folders to Dropbox and throw content at it, swap it out, and mess about with it as I have projects that use the folders on different servers. 

You've certainly made me rethink things and I'll do some more testing. I don't like the idea of SER having lots of content, particularly on projects that I just want to set and forget. (I handle more than 500 projects across my servers so making it more efficient is something I like to get nailed down.
  • Thank You guys, I'm using half content already from files and folders, will move the rest and will test.
  • edited July 2014
    @botman NP, don't forget to share your results ;)

@JudderMan you're welcome ;) 

I think you're right that having a ton of content in SER fields will slow down speed greatly, maybe even more than "spinfoldering". If content is, for example, 10000 different comments for blog comment field it actually may be faster using spinfile than having them in SER. 

But even if having content in SER is faster in all cases, I think it is almost impossible to have it in SER in some scenarios, like the one you have with 500 projects and all.

Testing is always great, would be cool if you could share some results of the tests.
    :)>-