Skip to content

Google "waiting period" after May 14 payday update?

HI,

I came across this post on BHW about a "waiting period" after May 14 payday update, a lot of people have noticed that after the update of Google (May 14 payday) site are not moving in ranking at all, some have tested few things and reported the same thing, sites are not moving in ranking higher than 2-3 page of Google for competitive keywords, some even reported the same for YouTube Video not only new sites/pages.

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-seo/black-hat-seo/686315-google-waiting-period-after-may-14-payday-update.html

this is really interesting and i wanted to open a discussion about it, if you experience the same thing please add a comment with what you have done and what are the results, no need to specify any keywords or domain name.

I Think this can help us understand what is going on right now and maybe some of you have some ideas?

what i am doing:

1. fresh new site #1 >> 525 SAPE links + GSA SER Contextual (including SEREngines.com) + buying Quality links >> Ranking up to page 2 max after 2 month.

2. fresh new site #2 >> 100 PBN links + GSA SER Contextual (including SEREngines.com) + buying Quality links >> Ranking up to page 2 max after 2 month.

3. fresh new site #3 >> 45 PBN links + GSA SER Contextual (including SEREngines.com) + buying Quality links >> Ranking up to page 3 max after 2 month.

The 100 PBN from site #2 are different from the 45 PBN from site #3, they are quite good quality links.

Comments

• Yes I was posting on that thread too. would be itnerested to hear what the SER crew have to say on this.
  • Inb4 iamonpage1jokes
  • Tim89Tim89 www.expressindexer.solutions
    I've managed to rank a brand new site for really competitive financial keywords in 18 days so far, no paid links, no networks, pure SER.
  • edited July 2014
    Started SEO on those sites on the 11.06.2014, they are live for 2 months.
  • @tim89, i am interested to know your ranking strategy if you dont mind sharing. 

I have been testing a lot with high quality tierring campaign but i just won't rank that fast, take at least >2 months.

Would u mind shedding some light on this? 
    @Peterngo91 It's my normal strategy only changing drip feed indexing rate and increased productivity.

I can't share my methods unfortunately, but it is ranking solely with SER.
  • edited July 2014
    well you said your strategy the other day in this thread, or you just made that up?
    edited July 2014
    Fabricated
  • @Tim89 lmao that's a good one tim
    No comment
  • edited July 2014
    @Tim89 on what page is the site ranking right now? How many searches per month does the keyword have?

Many people observe that the site ranks up to 3-4 page and some think that the traffic volume of the keyword is involved in the algorithm somehow.

I also see this waiting period on one ~ 2 weeks old site.
  • edited July 2014
    If you look at the thread i linked his rankings are there. and they are mostly front page.
    @StoimenIliev‌ 59 keywords in total, ranging from 1000 searches per month all the way up to 50,000 searches per month.
  • edited July 2014
    Tim89 i guess you got somehow under the "Radar" of Google, a lot of people reporting the same exact issue i have that is why i did open this thread to try and share our experience with this new update and try to understand it.

from what i understand from your post you said that you slowly index your links now "only changing drip feed indexing rate and increased productivity" what do you mean by "increased productivity"?

edited July 2014
    For example, if my normal work load would consist of building links for 1 week, then exporting these links, running a link check, then sending these links to my indexing service... and I did this routine once per week, by increasing productivity, I simply mean, instead of spreading that work over 1 week, I do this daily.

I've built quite a lot of links in 19 days to a new site, things are still looking good though, I'm not a churn and burn type of guy, all my sites are long term and my normal ranking times for them are roughly 6+ weeks but this site, myself and another great seo that I know decided to play a little game and so far its turning out good in comparison to our normal time scales.

I predict that in a week or so, keywords will literally just fly straight onto page 1, well hopefully.

40k tier 1
    1,000,000 tier 2
    256,000 tier 3 (still building currently)

There is no radar... well at least for me, it's all about your ratios, indexing speeds, link loss... Now I'm not suggesting that you can't get penalised at all... because you probably can, but this is obvious if you aren't crunching your percentages/ratios correctly, you're going to get smacked from the start aren't you?
  • edited July 2014
    Tim89 Tim you are just crazy. Both of us know "your" SER is a galaxy ahead with dem scripts. Stop this bullshit about using "pure SER " and stuff
    @spammasta on this project, it is purely ser and nothing else, for real.
  • Guys care to explain what is daim scripts? Havent heard of that before! Googled it..Wierd linux shit came up :)
  • @jazzy112‌
    dem = them and daim = damn or the chocolate
  • @Tim89 do not you think that it is not really smart that you show here and there that you ranking with SER on the fly, as we all see and know you have indexing service therefore everybody sending VERIFIED links through You... :) 

You have one of the best link lists in the world...
  • ^wow good point.
    @botman that is immoral and totally inappropriate to even insult me like this.

Many have in fact approached me from this very forum wanting to purchase sitelists from me and I simply respond with 'no'.

I have my own servers scraping contextual links constantly, why would I possibly want or need to obtain lists from my users? It's much easier for me to scrape and build verified lists myself as I have this process already stream lined.

If you look through my posts, some I created almost over a year ago, before I had my service running, you will also see that I rank pretty damn well then too.

So to answer your accusation in simple terms is, no, I don't steal my customers urls, I respect privacy. Besides.

You shouldn't really make comments like that when they are not true, it just tarnishes people's rep for no reason.

I was ranking and banking before my service and I'll continue to rank now too.. I post up ranking pictures to hopefully inspire followers that they can also achieve high rankings with only SER and some patience.

I've mentored a few people on this forum who thank me on a weekly basis as they see massive SERP gains after my help, do they have lists also? No.. Some people are even just starting out.
  • I suspect @Tim89 has some pretty dope onpage - nuff said ;^ )
  • My role model is RON and TIM :), Coz the guys know exactly what they are doing. Especially Tim :). Thats the reason i went for his service. Coz he knows the stuff in and out on what he does. 
    But for me no luck yet. Someday am sure i will get in some dollars in to my account. Following you closely Tim hehe.
  • edited July 2014
    Ditto @jazzy112 that's why I went with Tim's service too. No point in buying from people that don't know what they're doing.

Anyway, back on topic, interesting to see your 'numbers' Tim and the ratios. Given me something to think about as mine have been different to that. 
  • @botman Excellent Find :-) yes im saying this after i read Tim's reply. besides he is good at building branding here. 

The amount of useful information he posts compared to posting his achievements is like
     500:50 :D
  • KaineKaine thebestindexer.com
    It would be good to respect those who have the goodness to give information about their methods, especially when it's free ;)
  • balajiseo WOW.SO.JUDGEMENTAL.

Tim is a boss and so is his service ( no ass kissing here . I have spent days comparing EVERY single indexing service out there and I have decided to stick to EI ) - I also know this because he has personally offered me some great tips to improve my SEO . He offers a lot of  value to the forum and actually knows what he is doing when half the blokes here claim random bullcrap.